Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My S14

Rides

My S14

Well i've owned the car for three years so i thought id tell you all about what ive been up to with her.

Not got many pics but will update with some soon

I bought her with a blown engine from my best mate. 4th gear redline and knackered fuel pump didn't mix for some reason??
    So the credit card came out and Norris designs took a horrendous amount of money for there fast road stage 1 engine (http://www.norrisdesigns.com/proddet...d=S14%2D025500) along with a new fuel pump, actuator and a trip to the nissan dealer to sort a wiring problem and i was on my way, the car running superbly with the already fitted a full mongoose system and hks filter.

Since then i've fitted an apex manifold with braided lines, lowering springs, brembo front discs with mintex pads and a new calliper on the front after it had seized 4 times since i bought the car!!!!
    And today ive had new rear shocks fitted (will do the fronts in a couple of weeks) as i went for tyres on sunday and found 1 was covered in oil and had left a puddle under the car where it was sat in kwick-fit!!
    Im also making a gauge mount for inside and im modifing the front grill along with somemore body work coming up in august.

As said above, will post more pics as soon as i can sort some out.

Cheers all, Tim

Rides
    I know you, your off the telly

Looking good mate

Rides
    Heres some more piccies from the weekend

Engine bay featuring norris designs block, hks filter and apex manifold

Grill and dash gauge mount in progress.

Custom grill almost ready for paint

Side shot of custom dash mount for 3 52mm gauges

Eibach srings

New KYB shocks fitted over the weekend

Rides
    Fitting KYB's and new Denso plugs

Removal of old standard crap

Removing springs

Toms Happy Gilmore pose

All dismantled

A snail joined me

New KYB shock

My Happy Gilmore pose

Rides

Offering the new unit up. Had a coulple of problems on the left hand side cus i didnt line the top plate up properly and it kept hitting the body!!!

Checking top nut was tight!!!

All fitted

Rides
    KYB's and Eilbachs FTW

Rides

New Denso ik22 plugs

Tried the de-spoilered look aswell

Whatta you think???

Brembo 10 groove discs with mintex 1144 pads

Thats where we stand at the moment. Front mount intercooler should be ordered soon, the standard 1 doesnt agree with the extra boost

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    KYB's and Eilbachs FTW
    Cheers. Had the backs on a couple of weeks ago cus 1 had blown and needed it done before i went cornwall. Now ive got them all round feels excellent. Cured the vague back end too

Apologies for some of the pics, my camera was playing up
    Last edited by Random Tim; 21-07-2008 at 19:02.

Rides
    BUMP

The car is now booked into Davlyns bodyshop in melton mowbray for the 18th of august. My gtr style side skirts should arrive this week, got rear spats from Markr's group buy , having the bonnet resprayed (those camping at billing saw y) and having the rear arches replaced and rolled

Cant wait to get it back

Rides
    And the car is now back!! Looks smashing, just needs a wash and wax at some point (will try for jae but im away all week!!)
    Will get some pics sorted over the week end from jae

See you all there

Rides
    Holy thread-bump batman

Rides
    Well alots happened in the nearly 4 years since I last posted on this thread. Unfortunatly my old laptop died but luckily i've got a few pics of whats been going on on Photobucket
    I'll start with the pic I took at Davlyns when i picked it up from gettin the skirts and spats fitted

A fitted pic of the centre vent guage pod. Featuring Autometer Boost, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp guages

A few months passed and I was happy with everything as it was, until some R33 GTR wheels came up at a good price

Next up was problems. My gearbox decided it didnt like 4th gear any more. Que a trip to see Polo and an RB25 box being attached to the back of the sr20

I also ordered a full set of alignment arms and ARBS from DB Dan on a group buy that took ages to appear as Parcel Force screwed us over. Massive credit to Dan for getting me sorted in the end with it tho. Also from Dan on different group buys i got myself an FMIC, Alloy rad, 330mm Willwoods for the front and he sorted me some Brembo discs to go with my R33 rear conversion. The Rad and FMIC were fitted in the autumn of 2009 and at some point before then an Apex 3inch Flexi Downpipe made its way onto the car. The end of 2009 brought MOT time with it and I took the car off the road as i knew there were a few jobs to be done to get it through. Nothing major i thought. Thats where it all went wrong . . . .

Another update and some more pics tomorrow night
    Last edited by Random Tim; 07-06-2012 at 21:30.

Rides
    One more for tonight. When we drained the oil from my old gearbox, we found this on the floor

I'm guessing it was a bit of 4th lol

Rides

So I eventually got the car back on the road again after 15months out. My MOT repair plans started out as a subframe swap for new bushes and a spot of welding at the back end. The sills were worse than i thought though and ended up with an axle stand through 1 of them. Got it all fixed eventually though And by the time it was ready for an MOT a few extra bits had been done to the suspension. Obviously within 2 weeks of it hitting the road my turbo gasket went. Did a rush job on it and it went again, this time I ended up with a new manifold from h-dev as i managed to snap the studs in the Apex 1

The poor girl sat in the snow this winter

Since feb i've been using the 200 as a daily again as i crashed my van and i've been loving it

And now for a proper update

Just got back from seeing Jez @ H-Dev and im delighted to now be running a proper 1a setup. The car had been running ok but something wasn't quite right. Had the chip fitted, boost piping checked for leaks (and i didnt have any ) timing checked and re-set as it was out, my lambda is now unplugged as its knackered and the old 1 doesnt want to come out easily, and the knock sensor bypassed as that had gone as well. Those small problems added up to make the car run a bit funny at times. Another problem flagged up was the exhaust is blowing around port 4 to the manifold. I left H-Dev with a smile and a new gasket and lambda to fit when i get a chance to strip the turbo down.
    Last edited by Random Tim; 12-06-2012 at 13:04.

Rides

Current spec

Norris Designs Stage 1 (fast road) forged build
    H-Dev mainfold
    Standard turbo running 15psi through forge adjustable wastegate and H-Dev MBC
    DB-Power elbow
    Japspeed Twinlow DP
    Mongoose decat silencer and cat-back system with twin 3" tail pipes
    HKS Filter
    DB-Power 100mm FMIC
    Unkown B.O.V
    DB-Power alloy rad
    Splitfire coils

R33 GTS-T RB25 Gearbox conversion
    Driftworks Flywheel
    Exedy Organic Clutch

HSD HR coilovers (8 kg front / 6 kg rear)
    Godspeed ARB's front and rear
    Godspeed Tension, Tranction, Toe and Camber arms
    'Mitto' Alignment with a touch more front camber for clearance
    R33 GTR wheels, fronts on 25mm Eibach spacers
    225/45/17 Pilotsport 3 fronts
    245/40/17 Pilotsport 3 rears
    DB-Power Willwood 330mm Front Brake coversion with EBC Yellowstuff pads and Brembo discs
    R33 GTS-T rear conversion with oem Apec pads and oem Brembo discs

Ziax R33 GTR style side skirts
    Copy Zenki rear spats
    Standard spoiler removed
    M5 style boot lip spoiler

Nardi Steering Wheel
    HKB Boss Kit including airbag reistor kit
    Richbrooke Gearknob
    Alpine CD/iPod Headunit
    Alpine 2 channel Amp
    Boston front component speakers
    Rockford Fosgate rear coaxail speakers

You'll have to excuse the pics, they're off my Crapberry

Rides
    looks good! pm me a price if you fancy selling

Rides
    Cheers mate Not intreseted in selling though. This aint leaving my side till it absolutley has to lol

Rides
    Well, I must be about the worst at posting updates to my project thread. Not much has really happened to the car since the weekender last year. Its sat for a while and now has no MOT or Tax Started it up this morning with a fresh battery my mates given me, left it running for a while and took it for a quick run to make sure its all still working. Now, the fun part. The weekenders in 3 months andd im not having a repeat of our last trip to Prescot where I had to sell my hill ticket. Monday morning will be booking the caar in t the garage that has been looking after it for the last few years for a touch of welding on the strut top, a service, new manifold to block gasket and MOT. Get some Tax on it then it will be off to Doritech Motorsport for the DW Geomasters to be fitted along with some extended lca's. Got some +20mm front wings to go on, these WILL be fitted for the weekender, even if they're rattle canned red lol. Also bought some Rocket Bunny +30mm rear fenders of Clive last year but if these aren't fitted in time I won't worry too much, overfenders need doing right. Also on the look out for a new rear spoiler and my bonnet needs respraying but thats a minor detail lol. Well, wish me luck. Will sort some pics out as we progress and i'm looking forward to abusing Anglesey in it

Rides
    Bit of an update while i'm waiting for a helping hand to appear to help swap the manifold gasket over. Doing it in situ as cant be arsed with disturbing the whole of my exhaust to take the turbo off. Should JUST do it me thinks. Cars going to the garage at some point tomorrow to be welded on the strut top, get a service, have the belts changed and e MOT'd. Lets have a few pics of some of the fancy things i've bought

Trying to swap the gasket atm

Nismo back box. Always wanted a proper can like this and hate the round/point out at angles ones so snapped this up from Japandyno last year

Rocket Bunny rears

+25mm fronts from AreoKit or whatever they're now calling themselves on ebag

And a shot of her sat in the car park right now

Planning on wrapping the front wings and bonnet as i've found some vinyl online for £15 a metre and 3 metres will be plenty to do all that. Depending on how well it goes the whole car will most likely end up getting done in it.
    Right, best crack on . . . .

EDIT : Gasket is in and tightened, all went well Think we pulled on the mani a bit too hard though and ive dropped a stud from the elbow/dp joint but i'll get the garage to sort it on the ramp. I hate living on my own in a flat with a gravel car park instead of at mothers with an almost tripple garage And I'm booked into Doritech for some time after 29/4 for the steering/suspension works

Roll on the WEEKENDER
    Last edited by Random Tim; 13-04-2013 at 15:42. Reason: Fecking Picasa not imaging tagging

Rides
    not sure but saw a 200 like this today in kettering, was it u ?