Thread: My s14 not sure where I'm gonna end up with it

Rides

My s14 not sure where I'm gonna end up with it

How doo guys thought I'd post my project thread up now I've joined up as a full member again lol..

Yep changed cars again (yeah yeah I know I have a problem lol) I did want to get an R32 however I just couldn't get the funds together for one as the prices are getting pretty high even for a gtst (borderline 350z money).

SO I started looking for a cheap s-body I did aim for an s13 but couldn't find a decent on :/ then i found this:

Spec:
    Apexi induction kit,
    Elbow back 3" stainless exhaust,
    Sparco Harnesses,
    Short shifter,
    unknown brand coilovers (unfited)
    Aircon deleted,
    Braided turbo oil and water feeds,
    Recent rewelded sills.

I got it for a good price just a short 4 hour train trip and 3 hour drive back and it did the journey without issue EXCEPT the last half mile where a horrid noise started after a lil blast I had a look under the bonnet and this is what i heard:
    Vid of noise on start up

At first I thought its the bottom end has spun a bearing so didn't start it up again an just started pricing up a new engine or rebuild parts meanwhile I started thinking more in to the noise and felt it didn't sound like a spun bearing so went and started the car up and NOTHING no noise at all so took it for a drive to get fuel still no noise but when it got darker and the engine warmed up it returned as soon as i turned the light on so parked it up and waited till morning to investigate and found this:
    Watch that pulley wobble
    After seeing this its obvious the rubber that holds the 2 pieces of the pulley is failing

SO thanks to Driftbitz I've ordered a decent second hand replacement and the morning after set about removing the old one, half an hour later:

erm do ya recon the rubber failed?

What I actually want to do with it I'm just wanting to put a nice kit and decent wheels on it but god knows what i'll do lol

Rides
    My plan for the 14 is to make it look good so i found a decent bodyshop and booked it in for the 22nd of April (this was to force me to stick to keeping the car and finishing it lol then last meek i rang EPRacing and ordered the D max type 1 kit
    Imagine this in focus rs ice white:

At the moment I have these 18"wheels to go one:

Not my cup of tea but they should suit the kit till I can afford so e decent wheels

Once the car comes back from the body shop I have bought some evo brembos and will be buying a dbpower 345mm brembo front brake kit to go on I also need to address some knocking bushes too really looking forward to the beginning of May when its all done

Rides
    My kit turned up on Tuesday I finish work tomorrow so will be doing my best to get it fitted this weekend so I have time to iron out any issues with fitment before the car goes in the bodyshop (I'm fitting it myself to save on bodyshop costs)

Lol I'm surprised at not having any comments I guess my title is crap lol

Rides
    Looks like a nice base

Never seen a pulley do that before

Rides
    Good starter for a project.Get as many pics up of fitting the kit too,is always good to see how guys get over the poor fit quality of some replica kits!

Rides
    Lol usually lots of swearing helps you get over fitment issues. I've been assured the fitment is good on this kit so we'll see

Rides
    little update:
    I've got the kit sat in my bedroom i've had to hold off on getting it fitted and painted due to the bodyshop upping their price and wanting to address some other issues the car has :/

I've been helping my friend Ant strip his r33 and hes done me a deal on some rota GTRs 9.5j all round

what a change to the car