Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4: Teaser Trailer

Rides

Battlefield 4: Teaser Trailer

My hopes of this being a next gen console release have now been dashed with the opening of the pre-orders on origin for PC/PS3/Xbox360.

For now, enjoy the new 17 minute teaser trailer

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    No offence but I don't see it being a current gen game... If it doesn't come on next gen I ain't getting it as its just battle field 3 polished up.

Rides
    Its been confirmed that PS4 will get the game, and the gfx card running with is an AMD jobby, No pre orders for next gen consoles yet as no dates are set for their release .

Rides
    Strange choice to do 3 and 4 unless the PS4 edition is going to be a standalone version i can't see how it could be any better ?

Rides
    Well not everyone will upgrade to a new £400 console as soon as it arrives, so keeping existing customer happy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lewys14a View Post
    Strange choice to do 3 and 4 unless the PS4 edition is going to be a standalone version i can't see how it could be any better ?
    In the same way Battlefield 3 on PC can look like Consoles or look super hi res,

The PS3 could be a scaled down version with certain visual aspects turned off to allow the 360/PS3 to cope. Then the Next Gen version could have uber graphics and HOPEFULLY 64 man servers!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    In the same way Battlefield 3 on PC can look like Consoles or look super hi res,

The PS3 could be a scaled down version with certain visual aspects turned off to allow the 360/PS3 to cope. Then the Next Gen version could have uber graphics and HOPEFULLY 64 man servers!
    Ahhhh ok seems fair enough , would have rather of bought it once than twice though lol

Rides
    Not overly impressed with the visuals seeing as what was in the demo machine powering this is the yet unreleased officlal 7990..
    Presonally think it should look a lot better.

Rides
    Looks pretty cool to me.

Bit off topic but is the single player any good in BF3? I bypassed the game as all you ever hear about is the multiplayer and I'm really not a big FPS multiplayer fan.

Rides
    Yes Del it's worth a dabble

Rides
    Hmmmm interesting

Rides
    Has anyone had any information about the Premium edition?

I bought BF3: Premium and ended up saving a heap of money over buying the DLC's individually. I was wondering if there is going to be a Premium release for the 4th game?

Rides
    Yeah there is going to be Premium for the game. Pricing and what not are not mentioned, but I'll be signing on. Been good having extra little assignments to do in the multiplayer.

Rides
    Sounds good. In which case I might hold out on pre-ordering then. I have about 92 GBP of games to trade in at Game which will likely be over 110 GBP when they're done so I will keep that stashed safely away.

Did you see any news about it's release date Rubix?
    Last edited by piman2k; 13-05-2013 at 15:01.

Rides
    November is the date rumoured.

Remember Ryan that games depriciate quickly, if you want to trade them in do it sooner to get the best return on them. The premium thing may not come straight away. It was a few months after initial release, I would think it will be the same again.

Rides
    Sadly its EA and sadly on PC they force us to use the stupid Origin system and all new EA seem to be stupid expensive with all the content that should be in the game added as paid for DLC.. I dont really touch EA products anymore..

Rides
    They're mostly very old games Rubix, I've already got the prices from the GAME app

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mks View Post
    Sadly its EA and sadly on PC they force us to use the stupid Origin system and all new EA seem to be stupid expensive with all the content that should be in the game added as paid for DLC.. I dont really touch EA products anymore..
    Why would they give it all away for the launch price !! development continues after, and the maps are not complete, plus people would get bored quickly and move on, releasing
    staggered DLC keeps the game fresh, and people coming back , Battlefield has has paid DLC since BF2 , and many other games have paid DLC.

Rides
    At least you used to be able to mod the old battlefield games and they used to have expansion packs not DLC.. they never sold camo or other silly little thigns..
    I dont mind proper exp packs thats always been part of games.. ah anyway im gonna stop i dont want to turn this into an anti micro transaction thread..

I dont like EA prices for PC games either they have done stupid expensive.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Why would they give it all away for the launch price !! development continues after, and the maps are not complete, plus people would get bored quickly and move on, releasing
    staggered DLC keeps the game fresh, and people coming back , Battlefield has has paid DLC since BF2 , and many other games have paid DLC.
    In fairness I kind of see mks's point. A lot of games ship with DLC that is pre-prepared, like Forza Horizon shipped with dozens of extra cars already on the disc that you just paid to unlock. If DLC is developed months after to prolong the life then I'm all for it, but paying extra for content at launch is cheeky.

EA have announced today though that they are doing away with online passes which is a step in the right direction.

Rubix, I got 104GBP for my games