Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: SXOC Drift Day 2013 (2 of 4) - Sat 18th May 2013

Rides
    Another fantastic SXOC drift day. I had so much fun and learnt a lot even though it was wet. Thanks to everyone who orgonised the day and Kev and chef Mini me for free food and cooking in those conditions. Nothing seems to stop the SXOC having a good day out.

Quote Originally Posted by baldyadonis View Post
    Awesome photos mate.....i was a co-driver in the wee locost kit car......first drift day aswell and have to say, even though we got drenched, we had a superb day!!!

thanks to the organisers!!

regards andy
    Hats off to you guys for staying out on track all day. You must have been soaked to the bone. Excellent track manners from you as well. Some were not so well behaved.

Rides
    Was great day even though I was soaked to skin. Typical scottish weather I came back to haha. I am still shattered after getting up at 4am to go to straight Crail from manchester. Worth it, but never again.

Had to go on with my road wheels as one wheel nut wouldn't budge at all. So I'm kinda glad it stayed wet all day in a way. Had a few things fixed on car since first day out and it felt a bit better. Tried my best, but still 90% of the time I'm spinning out. still massive fun and I will keep trying. Looking forward to getting out again.

Nice pics dude, even couple of mine in there!

Rides
    thanks to the guys for organising and for my debut bacon and tattie scone roll!

Rides
    really good pics there bud, your a legend for braving the weather for us well done

Rides
    Good day as always guys, nothing you can do about the weather unfortunately. Had a great day banging the limiter in the soarer.

Decent pics James, plenty of the new whip in there. cheers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    Ace photos! Was a good day, Thanks to all those who stopped for me when I went backwards into that field at the end.. My aero is like lego bricks haha.

The twinning was decent fun! Trying to get super close to Marcus then looked behind me to see Jordan coming in fast for the bottom hairpin was ace!!! More of that needed.

Thanks to SXOC for the day, food and banter! Roll on the next one.

The only thing I wanna ask about is the spectators corner.. I know from other parts of the track, going off through tyres wont really stop you, itll slow you down but not stop, those barriers wont do a thing either, is there something that can be done to uprate the saftey there? Because it wont be too long before someone goes through that and someone might be hurt.. Just thinking ahead.. like those water barriers. I know for a fact id rather bin my car into a water barrier than hurt someone an their mrs/kids sorta thing.
    in theory you're not supposed to be drifting before the gantry equipment so it shouldn't be an issue tbh. that said crail are being a bit more lax with that now so i agree we could look at this as a potential issue for future

Rides
    Dupe. Oops...
    Last edited by j13-lek; 19-05-2013 at 20:30.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    in theory you're not supposed to be drifting before the gantry equipment so it shouldn't be an issue tbh. that said crail are being a bit more lax with that now so i agree we could look at this as a potential issue for future
    Let's be honest, Crail being Crail, if someone said it was a safety issue to them then they would probably tighten right up on this rule and make everyone initiate after the gantry, instead of changing any barriers.

If they did that, then TBH I wouldnt be back. Starting a drift mid corner? Sod that, its boring as feck.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    The twinning was decent fun! Trying to get super close to Marcus then looked behind me to see Jordan coming in fast for the bottom hairpin was ace!!! More of that needed.
    When ever I see that chaser it will be l locked on to and hunted down .... Always spoke about twinnig etc. and getting it on te go when we had the 5's but I never felt ready. But now in the Nissan it's game on! There was a few shitty pants moments with spins etc. but I have aborted plenty before and have learned from them each time lol and speaking of abortions I totally get what your saying about spectator corner and tbh I'm surprised I have aborted clean through it yet! : |

Don't have 3G at work so can't see the photos will have to be 6.30am when I get home boooo!

there has to be some twinning pictures some where though, marcus your self and me were at it a fair few laps and I was right behind Kev (ae86) a fair amount of laps as well......
    Last edited by j13-lek; 19-05-2013 at 21:31.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by munkul View Post
    Let's be honest, Crail being Crail, if someone said it was a safety issue to them then they would probably tighten right up on this rule and make everyone initiate after the gantry, instead of changing any barriers.

If they did that, then TBH I wouldnt be back. Starting a drift mid corner? Sod that, its boring as feck.
    The rule for no drifting/initiating before the 1/4mile equipment has been in place for about 3/4 years (since the Kieran in Midgers car incident). I seen you drifting down the 1/4 mile straight twice and on the 2nd time round I could see Crail getting the red flag for you. I think they are happy for you to initiate while passing the 1/4 gantry, so its not mid corner.

I understand the safety issue, but at the same time, I do think some common sense is required. When is there a need to drift that corner at high speeds? In the 5 or 6 years of these events I can think of one instance where it was kinda close to happening.

Was a good day and glad I gave the car a little wet shake down. Seems to go well

Besides the weather, it seemed to be a good day. Lets hope the next one has some better weather.

Rides
    "Wet" seems to sum it all up for me.

Was a good day out regardless, was good to see everyone again. Pics will be up some time soon...I just need to find the time and recently I haven't had much time at all. Will try and get few things done and hopefully will have them up shortly.

Thanks again to the organisers. Always a fun day out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by j13-lek View Post

there has to be some twinning pictures some where though, marcus your self and me were at it a fair few laps and I was right behind Kev (ae86) a fair amount of laps as well......
    Yeah mate got a bit of twinning with you but i was backing off and giving you plenty of room as iv never drifted with you before ! with mint and amjed i know their level of skill and know if something went wrong we both know what to do so dont mind getting close !!

Ill know for next time tho your up for some twinning just give me a shout before hand !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    I could see Crail getting the red flag for you.
    I have a picture of that.... anyway, thanks for the comments, and have been fighting the urge between a new body / lense and fixing my car.... probably cheaper to fix the car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus23 View Post
    Yeah mate got a bit of twinning with you but i was backing off and giving you plenty of room as iv never drifted with you before ! with mint and amjed i know their level of skill and know if something went wrong we both know what to do so dont mind getting close !!

Ill know for next time tho your up for some twinning just give me a shout before hand !
    Yeah was good fun and I suppose a first for me for the whole twinning thing on track....... I never knew it was you in the red car :S but now I know too lol I felt a lot more comfortable as the following car though but being lead more often will only make me get faster I guess!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    The rule for no drifting/initiating before the 1/4mile equipment has been in place for about 3/4 years (since the Kieran in Midgers car incident). I seen you drifting down the 1/4 mile straight twice and on the 2nd time round I could see Crail getting the red flag for you. I think they are happy for you to initiate while passing the 1/4 gantry, so its not mid corner.
    yeah I was pushing the rules to see how far I could go, and totally deserved the flag, sorry about that

Rides
    I knew you cant drift the top of the 1/4mile i didnt realise you arnt meant to enter before the marker things.. woops :S

Rides
    any body know where to find some pictures from this event?

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by andymanaj View Post
    any body know where to find some pictures from this event?
    post 214 click "link to album"

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    James (j_vietch) posted some up a few pages back. I know Jeff (Weiner_patrol) posted some on Facebook as well.