Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Referendum Date Set

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1989 View Post
    Actually my Scottish notes are issued by Scotland lol

We said we had the right to retain the currency. Not to own the bank

Hes has the seat for the last too parliaments
    Aberdeenshire East Alex Salmond SNP hold

Anyways roll on the next EU referendum after a tory/ukip collation next! Massive no vote and where all ****ed!
    This. Like I said earlier, Bank of Scotland issue UK currency too. Almost alone in being a currency issuer that is not a central bank. Its why I always seem to come away with funny looking fivers that are hard to spend in idiot englisher shops.

Rides
    And now the internets alight with peolle saying its rigged even russia?

Quite a few of the news outlets are running it too.
    The video that claims to prove it all.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR-HgAtwtg

Rides
    Utter load of shite, by disgruntled retards

Rides
    Again I think you'll find its funded by private companies who sell the oil on at which point the taxable money goes to Westminster.

You people need to do some research
    If the entire thing, including the setting up infrastructure was setup purely by private companies, without any government oversight, funding grants, loans, tax breaks or any other financial incentive or assistance then I'll eat my hat.

Rides
    Eat away.

Some of it was setup by the goverment in the 50's/60's and then thatcher sold it off in the 70's like everything else.

Not grants, Loans and tax breaks, you didn't mention any of that before . That's a different thing you were specifically talking about who owned the oil and the running of the rigs.

As much as i wanted it to be a yes, the videos of rigging are a lot of shite. I wont entertain it. We didn't get the result we wanted by 300,000 people. That's hard to rig even if there was something dodgy going on which i doubt.

Anyways, its also nice to see the UK politicians not sticking to there word already on further devolution.
    Last edited by Joe1989; 20-09-2014 at 08:45.

Rides
    I know, I know, another moan about the media bias/spin/propaganda... In all seriousness, have a look at this article in the Times about last night's carry on: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4211236.ece

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading. How they have managed to spin that as Yes voters kicking off I have no idea, it was brain dead loyalists causing carnage, making Nazi salutes, burning saltires and generally being rampaging idiots - it was not representative of Yes or No voters at all. Social media has been full of video after video of sectarian loyalist arseholes all night with everyone from ether side condemning it, yet they see fit to spin it this way and make it sound as if the Yes voters are the UK's Syrian rebels.

Scum. Both the Times and the idiots involved in this last night.

Edit: Can't believe I'm referencing a Mirror article, but look at this for comparison: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-ugly-4290576
    Last edited by Chavbo; 20-09-2014 at 10:46.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post
    I know, I know, another moan about the media bias/spin/propaganda... In all seriousness, have a look at this article in the Times about last night's carry on: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4211236.ece

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading. How they have managed to spin that as Yes voters kicking off I have no idea, it was brain dead loyalists causing carnage, making Nazi salutes, burning saltires and generally being rampaging idiots - it was not representative of Yes or No voters at all. Social media has been full of video after video of sectarian loyalist arseholes all night with everyone from ether side condemning it, yet they see fit to spin it this way and make it sound as if the Yes voters are the UK's Syrian rebels.

Edit: Can't believe I'm referencing a Mirror article, but look at this for comparison: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-ugly-4290576
    Strange the Murdoch press went after the Yes voteers when Murdoch was swaying to supporting them

Rides

Anyways, its also nice to see the UK politicians not sticking to there word already on further devolution.
    I can't believe that I am on Gordon Brown's side, but I hope he can persuade Miliband to go with change. I don't want Millband to give Cameron an excuse not to continue.

For what it's worth, I found some respect for Gordon Brown, the way he had to take charge of the No Campaign. I think he'd make a great First Minister for Scotland

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post

so normal night out in glasgow then lol

Rides
    Still whining and bleating about press bias and dodgy counting FFS....

Fact is the Yes camp lost, fair and square. Your opinion (remember its was just that) was not shared by the majority, the aggressive campaigning and patronizing shite from many nationalists backfired on them big style and quite honestly you ****ed it up.

The margin of 10% would have been even bigger if the 16/17 year olds were removed, they should never have near a poling booth.

As for the riots, well its glasgow, it can burn to the ****ing ground for all i care. Its got plenty of ****ers who like nothing more than to have a battle over a couple of garbage football teams based on religious affiliation, wouldnt surprise me if thats all the fight was about.

Rides
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9746710.html

Defientley sounds like a man who just wanted power eh.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post

Fact is the Yes camp lost, fair and square. Your opinion (remember its was just that) was not shared by the majority, the aggressive campaigning and patronizing shite from many nationalists backfired on them big style and quite honestly you ****ed it up.

The margin of 10% would have been even bigger if the 16/17 year olds were removed, they should never have near a poling booth.

As for the riots, well its glasgow, it can burn to the ****ing ground for all i care. Its got plenty of ****ers who like nothing more than to have a battle over a couple of garbage football teams based on religious affiliation, wouldnt surprise me if thats all the fight was about.
    You know as much as i do Glasgow is or any no voters or yes votes are responsible for that shite in Glasgow. Its Orange order mongos who should be happy that there union continues that ****ed it up! Bit of respect for the 1000's of Glaswegians who also detest that shit.

On your 16/17 year old point, does that mean anyone over the age of 65+ shouldn't get a vote? Cause lets face it hey have already outlived the average life expediency of most Scottish people, therefore as most of them will be dead in 10 year time, perhaps they should be excluded too?

On that point, it would have been a yes vote if 65+ and 16/17 year where excluded.

The media was BIAS. That's not going to change i've proven it here with at least one interview and there's plenty of other people who think so (Not just on the referendum items though)

Rides
    Your anus must be so sore like the hords of other whining nationalists who are taking to facebook all butt hurt beyond belief.
    You lost, get over it.

And no i am not evil, stupid or not a real Scot unlike what appears to be getting spouted - no wonder No voters are getting angry.

Rides
    Jesus I'm sorry to say but nearly half of Scotland are ****ing retards
    Seriously I have nothing against Scottish people. But the ones sitting there giving it the big 'un about not being British etc are ****tards plain and simple. Put it this way, everything's going to stay the nice cushy life you have already (compared to most of the world) with the bonus of a few more powers.

It's not exactly something to whine about is it? I mean life could be far ****ing worse, and no doubt these 'yes' voters would still find a way to blame the English for stuff if they had got independence and the country went to shit.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    No, no Zorn you've got it wrong. It's so much worse there than any other region of England that's been chewed up and spat out after serving its purpose. Despite all the pit and steelwork closures and half the town on Heroin it's brilliant around here, sure it's the same in Lancashire, the West Midlands, Welsh mining regions, the South West etc.

65+ year olds have earned the right to vote. The only people who think 16/17 year olds aren't immature and stupid are 16/17 year olds or younger

Rides
    Your anus must be so sore like the hords of other whining nationalists who are taking to facebook all butt hurt beyond belief.
    You lost, get over it.

And no i am not evil, stupid or not a real Scot unlike what appears to be getting spouted - no wonder No voters are getting angry.
    If you had me on Facebook you wouldn't be saying that.

I'm not a nationalist, again I'm sure I've said somewhere in the previous pages if i believe real change would have come with a no vote (Or i DEVO Max if Cameron put it on he ballot paper) i would have chosen that. However i didn't believe Westminster that was even possible. The "devolution" plans only came in the last two weeks and theirs news reports that they are not going to sick to the plans.

I've certainly not being on facebook wining about the result, if anything i've be praising the rest of my fellow scots for turning up in such numbers to prove a point to westminster than EVERYONE wants change. I'm sure you would agree with that. so in that sense it feels like a victory.

Who said you where evil? Unless your an orange order type person - or would of the people from the orange order in glasgow on friday night - then your a mongo, evil and biggoted.

Zornyan, its all about perception isnt it? Of course a lot of people in this country are comfortable compared to other countries, still dosn't stop people striving to make it better and fairing though in the only way they think that's possabile.

Either way, changes are about to happen all over the uk (Apprently), and 83% of people who turned up to vote in this election should be proud of there part in starting these changes.
    Last edited by Joe1989; 21-09-2014 at 14:52.

Rides

Defientley sounds like a man who just wanted power eh.
    He didn't want power, he just wanted to be in the history books as the guy who got Scotland independence. I don't believe he cared that much about what happened after should there have been a yes vote!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    He didn't want power, he just wanted to be in the history books as the guy who got Scotland independence. I don't believe he cared that much about what happened after should there have been a yes vote!
    For an economist, his economic arguments were pretty shit

Rides

I'm going to have to bite my tongue on this one.

Rides
    Must be one of the most hostile threads on here