Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Referendum Date Set

Rides

Referendum Date Set

Seems ****ing close to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-21828424

The Scottish independence referendum will be held on 18 September 2014, First Minister Alex Salmond has said.

He revealed the date as draft legislation on holding the vote was brought before the Scottish Parliament.

Voters will be asked the yes/no question, "Should Scotland be an independent country?"
    So to our Scottish friends, what is the general feeling about it all?
    Do you even like the guy?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    He can **** right off!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Im still waiting to meet a jock who doesnt think its an incredibly bad idea. Can we put the wall back up when it happens too please, you just know half of the country will scarper down here if it goes through, I certainly would.

Has he released any details regarding economy, defence, law and order and minor issues like that yet or is he just hoping no-one asks?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Im still waiting to meet a jock who doesnt think its an incredibly bad idea. Can we put the wall back up when it happens too please, you just know half of the country will scarper down here if it goes through, I certainly would.

Has he released any details regarding economy, defence, law and order and minor issues like that yet or is he just hoping no-one asks?

I don't think we'd scarper too far south, I mean, your house prices are ****ing mental!!!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Nae bother, Id let Jenny rent a room at my gaff no worries

You can have the shed, its got a window and everything
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    You can have the shed, its got a window and everything
    Mate quieten down, they'll all be down here

Rides
    i know very very few educated people who want independance. Alex Salmond has based his chances on giving the vote to kids aged 16 and 17 and going for the "**** those english bastards off" approach. The idiots will win this vote I fear and we will go to shit.

Salmond has no tangible policy for independance , is a documented liar about a survey he said he commissioned on staying in the eu , fought a Data Protection Act request to release the info and then admitted they hadn't even done it despite putting put press releases about the result

he has no policy on how scotland will survive other than oil and whiskey. he wants to burden the uk with all of the national debt and take no responsibility for the 7bn budget deficit from last year. he resolutely refuses to release any sort of paperwork or answer fundemental questions about currency , EU , taxation etc etc

all in all no we don't want it but that fat cu.nt Salmond will do everything he can to make sure we get it

oh and there has never been a single survey which has shown more than 34% in favour of devolution ever

Rides
    If the results are yes I will be moving south.

I don't really want to live here where everything is uncertain while they talk things over.

I don't even trust him to lead us through the independence also if it's a yes vote.

Not to even mention all the things that need to be discussed like defence etc.

Too many questions unanswered before this big question is being asked.

Rides
    Salmond is an utter **** (starts with C), personally i hope he has a whoopsie with a runaway train while inspecting the rails with a magnifying glass.

Cant stand him, useless lying retard.

As for the vote, lots of rather stupid mongs who watched Braveheart and who thought it was a documentary will vote yes !

Rides
    seems the vote yes video's are sneaking out already......

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Plenty of stupidly cheap housing where we live. Just the employers are cheap ass too

Rides
    It still baffles me that people assume that voting for an independent Scotland is the same as voting for Salmond or indeed the SNP.

The two things are separate. You can have an independent Scotland governed by Green party, Labour, Lib Dems, SNP or indeed the conservatives

Please see these links before, there some BIAS and non BIAS views of an independent Scotland from both the Yes and the No camp.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/St...e/Economy/GERS < Very Interesting on the Scottish economy.
    http://wingsoverscotland.com/desperation-takes-hold/
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...a-independence
    http://www.moneyweek.com/blog/the-sc...-hots-up-62900
    http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/6444
    http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php...ancially-sound
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/s...ssential-guide
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...nce-made-clear
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18515456
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-19952630
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/news/headline_257383_en.html
    http://www.yesscotland.net/answering...ndent_scotland
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotlan...ence-1-2841425
    http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-different-outlook/

My bug bare is anyone who doesn't research it, and votes no or yes without investigation is an idiot. If you investigate it and still decide its a bad idea then fine as you have made a conscious decision, same if you vote for it too.

After being a no voter at first, and looking at the evidence I'll be voting yes - And i don't care if that makes me not "Intelligent" in some peoples eyes.

Personally, I would like the opportunity for our government to leader our country out of our mess. At least it would be a government that more than 50% voted for. And not a government that <10% of the Scottish voters wanted.
    I would also pay more for Scotland to make its own choices - Incidentally i don't think we will half to - however anyone that moved out there parents houses knows it costs more - but the benefits are worth it?
    Last edited by Joe1989; 21-03-2013 at 18:31.

Rides
    I am well aware of all the research and all that spin and nonsense.
    I can tell you now, one thing for bloody well sure. If it all goes pete-tong, pear shaped or up the swannie..... it will but us poor 'tards in the south of scotland who take the hit first -
    The central belt couldnt give a monkeys about down here, as far as many are concerned D&G is "that place you go through to get to the English ****ers". I bet its us who will find our arsesholes clenching at the first sign of economic trouble after a scottish break away.

Load of toss.

Rides
    Have you looked into to see if it up go up the swannie? Its not getting any better with the UK government in charge is it?

Deficit is the same and forecast to stay the same for the next three years.
    Growth has stalled again
    Do you think the UK government will give a toss about you either? They'll protect themselves first, and then London finical center and **** the rest of us.

Also can you imagine what they will try to do if we said no? It wont get any better see all that nuclear waste? Three guesses where it would head.

At least in an independent Scotland we have the chance to govern our self's and hopefully make a difference to our future.

Anyways, you might know about all the research, information available, but have you bothered to read it? And done you comment " All that spin and nonsense" include the no articles in there too?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1989 View Post
    Have you looked into to see if it up go up the swannie? Its not getting any better with the UK government in charge is it?

Deficit is the same and forecast to stay the same for the next three years.

the SNP have done a paper which shows the deficit will increase

Growth has stalled again
    Do you think the UK government will give a toss about you either? They'll protect themselves first, and then London finical center and **** the rest of us.

Also can you imagine what they will try to do if we said no? It wont get any better see all that nuclear waste? Three guesses where it would head.

At least in an independent Scotland we have the chance to govern our self's and hopefully make a difference to our future.

We do govern ourself- that huge waste of space called holyrood?
    Anyways, you might know about all the research, information available, but have you bothered to read it? And done you comment " All that spin and nonsense" include the no articles in there too?
    Thats the total problem, the SNP ( who are the only real pro-indepenance party ) have produced no real hard evidence it's gonna be worthwhile. Spin and bluster is all you ever get from Salmond and his pet poodle Nicola Sturgeon resolutely refuse to discuss the main issue's around independance and use the ostrich approach hoping that if people don't ask difficult questions they won't have to lie in their answers.

I'm not a "no" vote. I'm a tell me the truth person. neither side is being fully open and honest. Infact the "Yes" camp are , as I pointed out documented liars on the subject.

Rides
    My issue with the whole thing is this whole myth that we have enough money to support the benifit system, pensions, NHS, local services (council) and education (free Uni fees?)...

I really have a gripe with people who seem to thing the oil in the North Sea is a licence to print money.... it won't be. Yes its there, but if the government wants the revenue they will tax the companies more, who will then pass those cost increases to the end user. That and the oil is pretty much bought and paid for.

People who compare our independence to Norway need to visit Norway too.... by **** its expensive to do ANYTHING.

I would consider the "Yes" vote if a larger percentage of our population were hard working people and the country wasn't on its arse.

Oh and in reply to your moving out analogy.... your parents will take you back should the shit hit the fan and you cant pay your way.....The United Kingdom will not...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    My issue with the whole thing is this whole myth that we have enough money to support the benifit system, pensions, NHS, local services (council) and education (free Uni fees?)...

I really have a gripe with people who seem to thing the oil in the North Sea is a licence to print money.... it won't be. Yes its there, but if the government wants the revenue they will tax the companies more, who will then pass those cost increases to the end user. That and the oil is pretty much bought and paid for.

People who compare our independence to Norway need to visit Norway too.... by **** its expensive to do ANYTHING.

I would consider the "Yes" vote if a larger percentage of our population were hard working people and the country wasn't on its arse.

Oh and in reply to your moving out analogy.... your parents will take you back should the shit hit the fan and you cant pay your way.....The United Kingdom will not...
    lest we forget that Salmond , in his infinite wisdom, has already sold some of Scotlands future oil revenue's to fund the current system so some of the revenue he is banking on has already been used up and does not exist

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    lest we forget that Salmond , in his infinite wisdom, has already sold some of Scotlands future oil revenue's to fund the current system so some of the revenue he is banking on has already been used up and does not exist
    With genious like that Salmond could almost surely run Rangers...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    With genious like that Salmond could almost surely run Rangers...
    arrogant bastard sells future revenue and then lies about it while using the funds to pay current bills.

****!!!!!!! ALEX SALMOND IS CRAIG WHYTE IN DISGUISE!!!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    Thats the total problem, the SNP ( who are the only real pro-indepenance party ) have produced no real hard evidence it's gonna be worthwhile. Spin and bluster is all you ever get from Salmond and his pet poodle Nicola Sturgeon resolutely refuse to discuss the main issue's around independance and use the ostrich approach hoping that if people don't ask difficult questions they won't have to lie in their answers.

I'm not a "no" vote. I'm a tell me the truth person. neither side is being fully open and honest. Infact the "Yes" camp are , as I pointed out documented liars on the subject.

Hollyrood - Govement with limted powers. Its like trying to fix a car without the right tools.

I was referring to the UK government deficit reduction plan not working, and perhaps with the right tools we can fix our own economy.

Also were back to Hating alex, which is not the same as independence.