Thread: Mallory Park - threatened - what's the story ?

Rides

Mallory Park - threatened - what's the story ?

I'm getting emails asking to sign a petition to save Mallory Park.
    I could search for info but need to be reading other stuff just now
    What's the story ?

Rides
    http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/to...-mallory-park/

Check the link out, quick version is track have broken noise regs 7ish times in 18 months, want to extend their number of track days next year and there is a possible twist involving developers then finding it not viable (or something)
    They are trying to resolve away from courts etc

Thats about all I found so far.

Rides
    I was reading about this earlier. It appears noise is the issue, but not just track noise - noisy festival type stuff too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s14@jim View Post
    Check the link out,
    I should be in bed by now and I couldn't go hunting for info earlier, but it's clear from Jim's link, there is more ownership issues and politics involved here than just the noise issues that every racing circuit has to deal with.
    Interesting times ahead for Mallory Park fans.

Rides
    Please sign the petition to help save the track..... http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

3rd Overall 2016 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    7th Overall 2013 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    8th Overall 2012 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    9th Overall 2011 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    2nd Overall 2010 Prostreet drag series Shakespear County Raceway
    4th Overall in street class 2010 HKS drag series Santa Pod
    2nd Place TOTB IX RWD Drag Shoutout

Best 1/4 Mile ... 10.96 @ 132mph Santa Pod October 2nd 2010

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 800bhp View Post
    Please sign the petition to help save the track..... http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739
    I did that,was easy even for me

Rides
    The way I heard it, the owners of the circuit have been playing a game to get it shut down so they can get the site developed for housing then discovered that there are covenants that say the land must be returned to agricultural use if its shut down so they are busy back pedalling.

I lived and worked a few miles from Oulton Park and I always found it nice to hear the practice days, especially if I was going to race day. It raised my anticipation of the event.

People who complain are usually City folk that have moved to the country for a quiet life. They also complain about cocks crowing and herds of cattle going past their bedroom window first thing in the morning

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    First few posts on that forum are spot on really, if you dont like noise don't move next to a racetrack Boils my pi55 these settler cnuts that move in then almost immediately want to change the way things have been done for decades without problem before they moved to the area
    Ok so mallory has broken the rules, possibly deliberately, but if folk move to an area then they should accept and respect the areas practices and ways of living (bit like another larger scale problem really)

If they want peace and quiet away from the rat race/city life then they should move to one of the islands where there is nothing to complain about and no one to annoy except for a few sheep. Although they would then probably complain that the sheep baa too loudly and eat their grass Utter cnuts

Clickme

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Ive got a pretty good source of information and its a bit more clear cut than some of the stories flying about - Mallory Park made an agreement in the 90's with the residents association that they would keep to certain noise limits and only run a certain number of events a year. In order to keep the circuit financially viable they have been forced to go outside of the agreement and as usually happens, 2 or 3 people have picked up on this and are making life hell. Drifting and Awesomefest (and possibly the SXOC tent) were contributory but are by no means the only problem, they have issues with ALL types of use at MP.

Some of their suggestions are ridiculous (55dB limit during the week, cancelling the 1000 Bikes Festival), others are a bit more reasonable but the major concern is that if Mallory shuts, how many other tracks will follow in its footsteps?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Village wnaker cnuts.

Same as silverstone and it probably not doing the britcar 24 this year... I mean a good 90% of the village must have moved after the track was there and the remaining 10% clearly don'y mind... Don't move to heathrow and moan about the planes... pricks

Rides
    55db limit, Jokers!

These resident/track issues really irritate me.....

Rides
    A a precidence stating a 55db limit is acceptable at a track could be very damaging as are even oem cars sub 55db? unless thats at the site limits or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    55dB? WTF? Thats practically ambient noise.

EDIT: http://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafet...n/dblevels.htm
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    55 Db will have been suggested by some that doesn't understand the scale. 55Db is what you hear if you are standing 6ft from someone who is having a normal conversation with someone next to them. i.e. it would hardly be enough to annoy you in a library.

EDIT: Clicked on Steve's link and it says something similar

Rides
    That noise limit is quite ludicrous. I was hoping to get to drive the Mallory track when I got something more fun to do it in, now that I have it, the track has these problems. Go figure...

Not too many circuits which are relatively local..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Some of their suggestions are ridiculous (55dB limit during the week, cancelling the 1000 Bikes Festival), others are a bit more reasonable but the major concern is that if Mallory shuts, how many other tracks will follow in its footsteps?
    I can see castle Combe following suit fairly soon. They have just as many issues with morons moving near a race track then moaning about the noise.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M.D. View Post
    I can see castle Combe following suit fairly soon. They have just as many issues with morons moving near a race track then moaning about the noise.
    TBH if "they" win Mallory will have to shut and it then sets a precedent and I can see pretty much every circuit that doesnt get a MotoGP or F1 sized event having to close. Its like owning a shop but only being able to open one day a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    hahaha, Just as I decide to try and sort the Nissan for trackdays