Thread: 1977 datsun 180b estate

Rides

1977 datsun 180b estate

So had this a while and thought some of you might like to see it

Rides

[IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv161/welding_work/datsun%20180b%20wagon/SurreyHeath-20120709-00016.jpg[IMG]

Rides

i could make photobucket crash with the amount of pictures of work i have done on this, i'm currently having a break from it and doing the s12 instead but i'll be back on it soon enough

Rides
    You must really love welding!

Rides
    Yeah but doesn't everyone that owns an old datsun/nissan????

Rides
    Labour of love or what!

Why a 180?

Rides
    Dont start me off on the numbers!!!!

Basically in japan this would be a 810 series bluebird, all export markets they were badged as 160 180 or 200b's depending on the engine, pretty sure the UK only got 180b's though

In '79ish nissan/datsun dropped the numbers and just stuck to model names, thank god!

Rides
    cool project, will be keeping tabs on this one. whats the overall plans?

Rides
    I meant why choose one in the first place?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Got your work cut out there but will look great when the hard work pays off

Rides
    Nice project! my neighbour had one of those back in the day!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    I meant why choose one in the first place?
    I'm quite odd in that i prefer estates most of the time and i like more unusual models, theres only about 12 of these left (that are known of) in the UK. I didn't go out looking for this particular car but when i saw it for sale i knew it was just right for me and bought it. Coincidentally the guy i got the s12 from has 2 mint ones, this one has done 32k

And he has another completely standard one thats done 22k.

Plans are to get the body sorted, paint it, lower it (already started on the front it has a pair of s12 struts fitted), swap the back axle for a salisbury, sort out the wheels. rebuild and fit a ca18det (picked this up today!) then use it.

I got a set of steels banded for it but im not happy with them so might stick them on the s12 and get some nice alloys

probably get another set of these to go on it

Rides
    Pulled the engine and box out of this today ready for a trial fit of the ca18det. It should pretty much drop straight in but i want it in there to work out where all the bits will be going so i can get the engine bay all tidied up and painted when engine comes back out for a freshen up.

Rides
    hey people i have datsun 180b StationWagon im from Libya ... Im looking how make fuel tank my old is dirty and make propleams

Rides
    I'd go and ask on http://datsunclubuk.proboards.com

So I had a bit of a road trip in the voyager last weekend and managed to fill it up with engines and gearboxes. I still had another gearbox and a few boxes of bits to fit in after this lot

One of them is destined for the wagon and the other is not mine but will be being fitted into a saloon version of the wagon.

So out with the old

And trial fit the new

All fell into place nicely. So next job is make 2 lots of brackets to fit an alloy s13 rad in the front for the wagon and mates saloon, try and work out how to hide and intercooler and get the pipe work through past the rad. This should be fun:

Then pull the engine back out and go fit it in the saloon, then rebuild the other one to go into the wagon at a later date.

Rides
    Sorted out most of the pipework today, measured up for intercooler pipework. Now just got to finish off making the brackets to hold the radiator in place.

I'm using a s13 gearbox and it dropped straight in on original mounts front and rear (using original crossmember) and all i need to do is trim a bit of the tunnel as the 2 rear bolts in this picture are hard against the underside of tunnel.

The position of the gearstick isn't a problem, i just turned the gearstick round the other way so its bent forwards and it all fits like it was made for it

I got a front section of prop from an s13 and it seems the right length so hopefully i can swap the rear flanges over (bigger flange on s13) and not have to get the prop shortened.

Rides
    This brings back some memories my first car was a saloon 160B had great fun learning to drift in it. Got me in to nissans.

Good luck with the project mate.

Rides
    Dad replaced a MkIII Cortina estate with a 610. Cortina had the whole charging and starting system replaced but still needed a bump start every morning. Datsun never failed to deliver the goods just rotted away. Replaced it with a 810 and then a 910.

Swapped his Audi 100S coupé for a new 910 Hardtop coupé.

I had both 910's after he had done with them.