Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words Cannot Describe How Much I Need A 991 GT3 In My Life....

Rides

Words Cannot Describe How Much I Need A 991 GT3 In My Life....

If i were to win the lotto tomorrow this would be the first car id order. (with 10 others following shortly!)

Epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECATv...em-uploademail

Rides
    Agreed i love that thing

Rides
    Its a 911. Get over it

Rides
    There is plenty of cheap ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen...item257b176336

Just needs some lowering springs.

Rides
    Should be quick with 475bhp Flat 6 @ 9000rpm

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    At 6.40 odds he mentions rocker arms..... OH NOES!!! LOL

Seems crazy cool. Love the "donut" mode with the auto box!

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    458 > any 911.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    458 > any 911.
    It is 1000000x prettier thats FO SHO!

Rides
    458 > any 911.
    Isn't a 458 60k more though

Rides
    458 > any 911.
    Most ridiculous price comparison ever! That's like comparing an M5 and a Daewoo Matiz.

At least you can park a 911 somewhere without having to return to a blanket of spit and keyed panels!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave270r View Post
    At least you can park a 911 somewhere without having to return to a blanket of spit and keyed panels!
    But you have to face the daily pain of seeing at least 26,000 other versions of your car everywhere on the road. Anyway, its the same as the difference between a £20K and a £34K car, OK its a lot but its not unimaginable that someone with £100 grand to wax wouldnt be able to stretch to £170 grand ...... remember we are talking lottery winds here as well

As a daily driver/only car Ill concede, the Porsche is better value, but as lottery winning material, no comparison.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I would have both with a lottery win. If I could only get one... The 991.
    458's are bordering on vulgar now. Every rich chavvy has one.

Rides
    But you have to face the daily pain of seeing at least 26,000 other versions of your car everywhere on the road. Anyway, its the same as the difference between a £20K and a £34K car, OK its a lot but its not unimaginable that someone with £100 grand to wax wouldnt be able to stretch to £170 grand ...... remember we are talking lottery winds here as well

As a daily driver/only car Ill concede, the Porsche is better value, but as lottery winning material, no comparison.
    I don't see how you have reached the conclusion that someone with 100k to spend can almost certainly extend their budget by 70%!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    I don't see how you have reached the conclusion that someone with 100k to spend can almost certainly extend their budget by 70%!
    People buying cars like these generally don't just have £100,000 for the car, they would have a shit load more than that to insure, run and maintain said vehicle. So it would be a fair assumption to say that if you have enough disposable income to consider one, you probably have enough to consider the other.

Its not like the buyer would cough up 100k and then winge about running costs...

Rides
    Then see "if I win lotto" comment in the first post. Bear in mind that 458's are currently selling over list as well ....... anyway, "not unimaginable" isnt exactly "almost certainly" is it?

Rides
    Early 458s can be had for £60K. EDIT: No they can't.

Regards stretching your budget by 70%, I agree with Docwra. Its perfectly doable as people with 100K to spend on a car are the sort that look for value rather than price.

For example, last year I went car hunting with 10K in my pocket, I ended up buying a car for £1100, spending some on it and investing the rest.
    This year I've got much more in my pocket but I'm looking at bikes and cars over a big price range.

What I'm looking for is value. Something that fits my requirements and represents a good investment i.e. won't fall massively out of bed in the next 2-3 years. I'll spend as little as possible up to my spending limit.

On the short list is a Ferrari, a Porker, an Audi and a Jag. The Porker I'm looking at is a quarter of the price of the Ferrari I'm looking at.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 08-03-2013 at 13:07.

Rides
    Then see "if I win lotto" comment in the first post. Bear in mind that 458's are currently selling over list as well ....... anyway, "not unimaginable" isnt exactly "almost certainly" is it?
    Clearly I'm in no position to comment then. If I was thinking of spending that amount of money, it would be because that is what I could justify and that is a sliding scale imo for any value. I've got 19k to spend on a car atm, I'm not about to bump that up to 32k as there are a whole new raft of cars that fall into that category that could be interesting but there is no way I would be able to justify the extra expenditure to myself for something that isn't going to be 70% better.

Lottery wins are a whole new kettle of fish.

Rides
    Clearly I'm in no position to comment then. If I was thinking of spending that amount of money, it would be because that is what I could justify and that is a sliding scale imo for any value. I've got 19k to spend on a car atm, I'm not about to bump that up to 32k as there are a whole new raft of cars that fall into that category that could be interesting but there is no way I would be able to justify the extra expenditure to myself for something that isn't going to be 70% better.

Lottery wins are a whole new kettle of fish.
    Would you buy the right car if it was £12K ?

If you would, then you'd go 70% higher for something that was right. i.e. 19K.

You're not looking for a 19K car. You're looking for a car that can cost up to 19K.

Someone considering a 991 GT3 may well have a budget of £250K so a 458 and a 991 are "in budget".

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Early 458s can be had for £60K.
    No way. They're been out, what 18 months max, they can't have lost two thirds of their list price AND still be selling for over list new.

Rides
    Show me a 458 for 60k lol you can hardly get an F430 for that.