Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brake Kit Groupbuy March 2013 GB

Flamethrower
    Rides

Big Brake Kit Groupbuy March 2013 GB

Hi Guys

Exciting times ahead.

We have now changed supplier of our brake discs, over the past few years the prices for Brembo brake discs has been going up and up and as such my prices have been too We are now proud to announce that we have found a new supplier of brake discs, these discs are extremely high quality and I'm happy to put my name to them and put my life in the hands of them.

We are now able to get these discs cheaper than Brembo were supplying them to us for too, so we are passing the savings on to you.

Another main benefit of these discs is that they are more flexible with how you want the discs to look, i.e. plain, grooved, or grooved and drilled.

These are the options:-
    Brake options.jpg

What do Big Brake Kits do?

The main reasons for upgrading the brakes is quite simple, to be able to STOP. The brake kits found on the 200SX/Skyline were considered very good off the production line, and are still better than most modern car brakes (well average cars). The problem with them is that once you start asking more than what a factory car would ask then you start hitting problems, whether it's braking power overall or brake fade from pads of fluid boiling. As soon as you start increasing the power of your 200SX/Skyline or use your car on track you soon realise that the standard brakes won't keep up with your driving style.

To remedy this I offer 2 types of front Big Brake kits:-

The first kits are ones which utilise the standard S14/S14a/S15/300ZX or R33 GTS-T calipers and use a larger disc, the principal behind this is that the caliper is spaced further out and as such has a much greater braking force than the standard 280/296mm position. The other main benefit is that the larger discs dissipate heat quicker due to the larger surface area, as such reduces the chance of fade. I guess the third benefit is they look great behind bigger wheels rather than the brakes looking lost behind your 18's etc.

The are what the kits look like (Disc styles vary)

I also offer Wilwood brake kits which we at DB-Power build up all ready to fit onto your 200SX/Skyline/350Z

These come with calipers, pads, discs, hoses and of course the fitting kit. The Wilwood calipers a light but very powerful caliper, the pistons are much larger than the pistons found on the 200SX/Skyline front calipers and you soon realise that when you need them most.

There is a third kit while I'm at it, and that is the excellent 345mm kit I offer that use the Mitsubishi Evo 6-9 Brembo Calipers. This kit overall offers the best performance vs price out of all the kits I offer. Evo calipers can be found for around £150 the pair and when pieced with this kit it works out to around £450 for a brake kit which will suit 99% of SXOC'ers.

The kits come with the following:-

330mm & 345mm Kits using S14/S14a/S15/Z32 or R33 GTS-T - Discs, Adaptor Brackets, bolts and fitting instructions.
    330mm & 345mm Wilwood kits - Calipers (2), Discs, Pads, Braided Hoses, brackets and bolts
    345mm Kit using Evo calipers - Discs, Hoses, Adaptor Brackets, bolts and fitting instructions.

Wheel Clearance

330mm kits need about 380mm of clearance (17" wheels)
    345mm kits need about 400mm of clearance (18" wheels)

Prices

Kits using S14/S14a/S15/Z32/R32 GTR/R33 GTS-T calipers (please mention when ordering)

- 330mm Plain big brake kit £235 (a saving of £62.40)
    - 330mm Patterned big brake kit £265 (a saving of £68.91)
    - 345mm Plain big brake kit £245 (a saving of £61.38)
    - 345mm Patterned big brake kit £275 (a saving of £67.13)

Wilwood Big Brake Kits

- 330mm Plain Wilwood Kit £560
    - 330mm Grooved Wilwood Kit £580
    - 345mm Plain Wilwood Kit £570
    - 345mm Grooved Wilwood Kit £590

Big Brake Kits using Evo 6-9 Calipers

- 345mm Plain Evo Kit £265
    - 345mm Grooved Evo Kit £285

Why DB-Power?

We have been trading since 2004 and pride ourselves on good customer service and excellent after care. If you buy from us feel confident that you will receive the help you deserve if for any unlikely reason a problem arise. We have sold 100's of brake kits and we really know what we are doing in regards to your safety and product reliability.

How Groupbuys work

Groupbuys allow us to offer products to our customers cheaper because of two main reason, 1) It allows us more buying power with our supplier, as such we can pass the savings onto you the customer, 2) Financial commitment, instead of having stock sitting on our shelves which in turn cost us money, by selling an item via a groupbuy means that the product doesn't even get to our shelves.

The way we offer a groupbuy is quite simple, we ask for a £20 deposit which in turn gets your name put on the list in post 2 on this thread. We then ask for the remaining of the balance inc shipping, at the end of the group buy date. Once payments are received we will then order the goods from the manufacturers/suppliers. Once the goods are received by DB-Power we will ship them as quick as we can, we won't dilly dally on this, after all they are your goods.

Start Date:- 04/03/2013
    Finishes:- 31/03/2013
    Deposit:- £20 via paypal to sales@db-power.co.uk (Please add username and car type to payment)
    Full Payment on:- 01/04/2013
    Shipping:- £13 within UK, £32 within Europe

If you can help broadcast this groupbuy so we can get maximum exposure.

PHP Code:
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="green"]Join DB-Power's Big Brake Group Buy - Massive Discounts[URL="http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?547398-Big-Brake-Kit-Groupbuy-March-2013&p=6378301#post6378301"] here[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/B][/CENTER] 
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan@DB-Power; 04-03-2013 at 22:10.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    1. Igralec, 330mm Plain big brake kit for S14a with R33 GTS-T calipers (Deposit Paid)
    Last edited by Dan@DB-Power; 05-03-2013 at 08:51.

Rides
    No more 315mm kits?

Rides
    Any rear Wilwood kits in this group buy Dan? I've been putting off buying them for a while now. Can't miss this though.

Rides
    Goes to look for some evo brembos...........

Rides
    Dan, how much for a set of grooved replacement disc's for the 345mm wilwood setup?

Rides
    Been waiting for this, deposit paid

Rides
    Dan, any chance I could exchange the plain 345mm brembos I bought off you recently for a pair of 345mm grooved and dimpled, to match my 322mm rears.
    They are unfitted of course

Also, guess who forgot to order some Z32 braided conversion hoses for the rear kit I got off you, so I'd need a set of those as well.

Thanks matey.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    Dan, any chance I could exchange the plain 345mm brembos I bought off you recently for a pair of 345mm grooved and dimpled, to match my 322mm rears.
    They are unfitted of course

Also, guess who forgot to order some Z32 braided conversion hoses for the rear kit I got off you, so I'd need a set of those as well.

Thanks matey.
    Yeah no worries, will have to wait for the next batch of 345's to come in though Braided hoses not a problem

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by igralec View Post
    Been waiting for this, deposit paid
    Thank you Added you to the list

Quote Originally Posted by stu.sx View Post
    Dan, how much for a set of grooved replacement disc's for the 345mm wilwood setup?
    Would be £180 on this deal

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Goes to look for some evo brembos...........
    do it, you won't ever regret that conversion

Quote Originally Posted by T926_S14A View Post
    No more 315mm kits?
    Being discontinued I may be able to sort something out if desperate?

Quote Originally Posted by Richie200sx View Post
    Any rear Wilwood kits in this group buy Dan? I've been putting off buying them for a while now. Can't miss this though.
    Rear Wilwood kits are being discontinued too due to lack of demand. I do have 1 kit left though should you want them Would be £580 all in

Dan

Rides
    Cheers mister, any ideas when they're due in?

Rides
    I'll take them then Dan please.

Edit : Grooved discs if possible.
    Last edited by Richie200sx; 05-03-2013 at 11:45.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie200sx View Post
    I'll take them then Dan please.

Edit : Grooved discs if possible.
    no worries the £580 is plain, Grooved are £595 inc postage, paypal ok? if so sales@db-power.co.uk

Cheers mister, any ideas when they're due in?
    end of the GB matey so around 25-30th of this month
    Last edited by Dan@DB-Power; 05-03-2013 at 11:58.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan@DB-Power View Post
    end of the GB matey so around 25-30th of this month
    That's fine with me, I'll put order in for hoses nearer the time then.

Thanks again

Flamethrower
    Rides
    That's fine with me, I'll put order in for hoses nearer the time then.

Thanks again

Rides
    Firing full payment over now mate. I'll PM you delivery details. Cheers.

Rides
    Ill have to measure my inside wheel, if its below 380mm take it that 330s wont clear?

if i find i do have clearance what will be total for 330mm plain discs and larger ds2500 pads for s14 calipers
    Last edited by T926_S14A; 05-03-2013 at 12:06.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by T926_S14A View Post
    Ill have to measure my inside wheel, if its below 380mm take it that 330s wont clear?

if i find i do have clearance what will be total for 330mm plain discs and larger ds2500 pads for s14 calipers
    Have you got a pic of your wheels? as I can normally tell from a good pic if you have a hope or not.

330mm Plain £235
    Larger DS2500 £162 (sorry can't do any discount on them as Ferodo don't offer much )

Dan

Rides
    Ok cool ill get a pic in about an hour

Last edited by T926_S14A; 05-03-2013 at 14:59.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Super, I don't suppose you have a pic of the wheel clearing your old brakes do you?

Rides
    This is all i can find now, let us know if you need a better one and ill get one tonight