Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imported S15 - Got Shafted

Rides

Imported S15 - Got Shafted

Hey

I have imported cars before and I thought this time it would be exactly the same. I imported a Spec R S15 from Andy@powervehicles, paid him to fit and map a power FC and then ship the car over. i received pictures and videos of the car running and was very excited.

I went down to collect the car. Got to the right place and asked about my car, they were then all jumpy and said, no one told us you were collect it. I was taken to the car by a man who did nothing but complain and moan about the staff. When we got to the car, it looked beautiful, so we tried to jump it and the guys said, it don't start, has it got a kill switch. Well not to my knowledge. We pushed it out of the space and I noticed, the centre caps of my alloys were missing, and the spec r badges on the side were gone. I hopped in and saw the passenger kick panel ripped off and no ecu. I said the ecu is missing, to which the dock worker said, it wasn't us I have good guys here. A minute ago you were slagging them off. I opened the bonnet to find my washer bottle gone, along with my blitz blow off valve. I checked my emails from Andy to check where he had hidden the parts. I found my boost controller in place but the power FC commander gone, along with the hks safc. Checked the boot and my spare wheel was gone but my gauges were still in the place Andy put them (next to the jack) it definitely looks like it was done to order. The dock workers were adamant it wasn't them but they seem dodgy as hell. Contacted the police and the shipping company.

so if anyone hears anything, about these parts in circulation, let me know.

and if you have spares of the parts I'm missing also let me know. Thanks

I also had my gear knob stolen, also ill have a spec r ecu if anyone has one
    Last edited by Carta; 21-02-2013 at 08:50.

Rides
    proper shit dude

Rides
    Sux dude . Out of interest did they leave the ABS ecu which is normal bolted to the same cradle as the ECU?. If not you will not longer have a speedo either as that drives it.

Rides
    Is that black? There is a black box that's still plugged in to the loom

Rides
    Yeah it's black. So it looks like it's just the ecu itself that's missing. Really sorry to hear about this.
    I do have a Tomei S15 ECU currently for sale.

Rides
    Thats unlucky man! My parents had imported cars for years and it is pretty common for things to go missing and cars to be damaged during auction, during transfers/shipping and at ports. The places are full of tea leafs.

I know my brother got his s14 silvia through andy gray, he wasn't all that lucky either since when his car was going through the auction house, the pics and report showed a full set of 5 b/faced defi gauges bolted across the dash but once the car arrived at Andys yard he took aload of pics and all the gauges were gone.

After talks with andy he kindly agreed to sell my brother 5 clear faced defis from Emily's car cheap.

These thing do happened and its usually at the importers expense. Unfortunetly that's the risk you take when you go at it yourself but in your instance it does sound like the guys you met we're crooks!

Rides
    Hi Carta, hope you're well

I'm no expert, but surely if you purchased the parts from the seller, the seller supplied the parts, agreed to deliver the parts with the vehicle and organised the delivery then he is unfortunately liable for any missing items.

That would be my interpretation of the situation at it's most basic form

Ryan

Rides
    Will have to claim off the docks insurance as it's in their possession.

Hope they have deep pockets though as it's going to need custom mapping now too !

Really feel for you mate as thats a real kick in the nuts !

Is the car still with them ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Mega sorry to hear this dude!

Rides
    Sorry to hear about this mate. Every import I've ever seen come through the docks in Dublin is missing parts. Commonly gear knobs, stereos, airbags, gauges, etc. Anything which can be lifted quickly and concealed. The docks are full of knackers.

Did you discuss this possibility with the importer in advance seeing as he hid some parts for you?

Rides
    Yeah my importer hid parts, I can tell it was made to order as the Greddy Profec was hidden in the same place as the Power FC Commander and the Profec is still there.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Carta View Post
    Yeah my importer hid parts, I can tell it was made to order as the Greddy Profec was hidden in the same place as the Power FC Commander and the Profec is still there.
    Really sorry to hear about this must be heart breaking, but for me If your a thief you take everything surely, something doesn't add up if it was at the dock the person surely would of had everything away and what he hadn't already sold he would pop on Ebay??

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Seems odd, how would a dock worker know where parts are? Or would they simply dig through the car? Were all the bits taken high value?

Totally gutted for you bud.

Rides
    What an arse

You would think instead of hiding the bits where they can easily be found by anyone having a dig through the car the importer would just box them up and send them seperatly to you
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clarity View Post
    Really sorry to hear about this must be heart breaking, but for me If your a thief you take everything surely, something doesn't add up if it was at the dock the person surely would of had everything away and what he hadn't already sold he would pop on Ebay??
    Or they know someone who needs these parts and let them in to take them? I dont know really

Rides

Rides
    Claim it all off the docks insurance, it was blatantly them who nicked it all.

Rides
    happened me too , some of the dudes at the docks are right scumbags ... from picking up cars at the docks here in ireland ive seen it all too . they always blame the spanish when the boat stops there, load of shite ... had a few bits taken from my s15 too . nothing to stop it running thankfully.

i tried claiming for my front bumper and a few taken , the bumper was fine when it was loaded on the boat , then in shit when the car arrived here . got nowhere , even though it was insured for damages which costs extra .

Rides
    Ive tried asking on S15oc, but my posts dont show up, anyone have any ideas?

Rides
    That's a Nice S15. As said above, it's a pain in the arse but either claim it from the dock or get the seller to claim it for you. That's what the insurance is there for.