Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My almost complete project - s14a

Rides

My almost complete project - s14a

Basically I have had my car for over a year now and have made some changes of my own along the way.
    Thought i would start a build thread of what I have done, as all the major tuning works was already completed by the previous owner.

I picked it up off a guy in Hemel and it was already running 346.2bhp with below spec:

Exhaust -
    Jap-speed manifold
    3.2" Bore front Jap-speed turbo elbow
    3.2" Jap-speed De-cat down pipe
    Apex'i N1 Evolution stainless exhaust.
    Stainless Steel Hotpipe
    Stainless Steel Induction Pipe
    Mikalor Clips and Samco Joints

Engine -
    DB Power 50mm Radiator
    Denso IK24 Spark plugs Apex'i Super Induction Kit Apex Front Mount Intercooler HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve + Re-circ Adaptor
    Custom Re-circ Hosing
    GT2871R turbo
    Nismo 555cc injectors

Fuelling -
    Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump
    Nismo 555cc Injectors

Interior -
    C4 audio components (sound amazingly clear ) Rear seats stripped out but still have them for re-use (cream not black)
    Custom Cobra Suzuka Bucket Seat (Trimmed in Cream Leather ) 2 Cobra Monaco black bucket seats on BRIDE runners New black door cards, as the cream ones had been damaged.
    Driftworks Super Low Subframe (Modified for extra lowness on the cobra suzuka)
    Sparco Four Point Harness & 3 point passenger harness
    Greddy Dual 60mm Pillar Pod
    Apex Door Vent 60mm Pillar Pod
    Yakko-sport Centre Vent Gauge Pod Nismo Leather Gear nob & new JDM Dildo gear nob

Transmission -
    B&M Short Shifter
    Diff installed off a 50,000 mile s14a

Electronics and Fittings -
    Alpine ipod connection CD player
    Defi B/F Boost Gauge
    Defi B/F Oil Pressure Gauge
    Defi B/F Oil Temp Gauge
    Defi B/F Water Temp Gauge
    Defi Link Control II
    Tein Sandwich Plate
    Tein Hot Pipe Gauge Adaptor
    Apex'i SAFC-2 Ltd Edition B/W Air/Fuel Computer (Mapped by GARAGE-D)
    Trust Profec B Spec II Boost Controller (SET UP BUY GARAGE-D)
    D.R.E 5 Step Sequential Shift Lights

Chassis and Body -
    Front - HSD Coilovers 8kg/cm (-60mm)
    Rear - HSD Coilovers 6kg/cm (-65mm)
    Apex Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
    Cusco Type AS Adjustable Rear Strut Brace
    Whiteline "Pineapples" Subframe Locking Kit
    Clear Side Repeaters
    De-Bricked
    "Evo 7" Size Nissan Branded Front and Rear Plates
    Debadged Rear
    Standard Spoiler Removed, holes welded and painted
    Origin Labs rear lip spoiler Front strut brace Engine mount brace
    Battery relocated to boot with FIA cut of switch and breaker box fitted
    Small windscreen washer bottle installed where original battery was
    Wiring loom tucked in driver’s side wheel arch

Brakes -
    Front
    315mm Brembo Brake Conversion (skyline)
    Braided Hoses
    Ferrodo DS2500 pads
    Rear - Mintex Black Stuff pads
    Motul Dot 4 Racing Fluid

Wheels & Tyres
    TRACK - Buddy Club P1 Racing in Gunmetal (Custom) need re-furbishment
    Front 8" - 225/45 R17
    Rear 9" - 245/40 R17
    ROAD/SHOW - Dare RS silver and gold.
    Front 8.8" - 205/40/17 (25mm spacer)
    Rear 10" - 215/40/17 (10mm spacer)
    Ultralite Super Light Racing Internal Drive Lug nuts

Car also has a new MOMO DRIFFTER steering wheel which is linked up to a D1 SPEC quick release.

So basically it's got a decent spec, I have a folder full of recipts and I cant wait to meet a few more ppl on here and go to some shows/meets.

Pictures will be added in a little while!!

Rides

Rides
    After I picked the car up, i wanted to get it cleaner and move a few things around.
    Removed the rear wiper and ariel, blanked off both holes.

Removed the battery from the front and moved it to the boot.

Then removed the big washer bottle from behind the front bumper and installed a small one where the battery used to sit.

Took off my cills to check the damaged, both sides needed welding so that was the next job on the list.

Then managed to get hold of some used Work Vs XX alloy wheels 18" all around (needed a massive refurb and some wider lips).

More pics to be added shortly which will bring us to where we are currently!!

Rides
    Just a few pictures of my old motors too, do quite miss my scooby but it doesn't compare to the Nissan!!
    The Audi was nice, bit bright and slow being just the 2 litre non turbo model!!!

Rides
    Nice 14 m8 will be a intesting project thread look forward to seeing more..

Rides
    Why'd you relocate the washer bottle? I ask because I'm looking to fit an oil cooler, and putting it in place of the bottle is one option... Interested to see if you're thinking along the same lines.

Rides
    Looks good mate! Only down the road from you. What's your plans for it next?

Rides
    Daveyboydave, my washer bottle wasn't working and look battered, so ripped it out and now have a small easy accessible one where my battery was.

Smaler, I have still got a ton of pictures to upload of progress to date. Half roll cage fitted, new coilovers, new wheels, arches rolled, new kouki rear bumper and its off to my mates spray booth in the next 2 weeks to get it mint. Trying to get it looking mint for Japfest in May.

Rides
    Look forward to seeing the pictures mate, will you be looking at doing any trackdays? I have done a couple at bedford. Will be going again once the weather clears up a bit.

Rides
    Right got a spare 15 mins at work so thought I would upload a few more progress pictures.

Basically, I split the work vs xx wheels down, was hoping to get new 5" lips and powdercoat the centres, but I just didnt have the time to get them done.
    Unfortunately these awesome & rare wheels are now sold and shipped abroad to the lucky new owner.

So with the money for the wheels, I managed to pick up a new set of DARE RS Wheels, which were the perfect size and offset. (not everyones taste but not bad wheels for the price). 8.5 fronts and 10 rears!!

Rides
    Some snaps I got of the car one weekend last summer when it was nice and clean. Please note the Buddy Club P1 wheels are now for sale if anyone is interested. Some areas where they are scuffed from previous owner so could do with a re-furb!!

Rides
    I then moved on to making the engine bay a nicer place to look.
    Replaced the existing rad for a new one, as it had started to leak from somewhere.
    All new silicone hoses, engine damper, strut brace and a good deep clean made it look 100% better than it was before.

Just ordered a slam panel and alloy air box, which will be fitted this weekend.

Rides
    Managed to get hold of an apex hall roll cage for the bargain price of £75, it needed painting to my colour of choice but a bargain non the less.
    The picture below is trial fitting before I painted it and also a snap of the new front wheels fitted.
    At this point i was thinking of doing the cage gold, to get a green/gold theme going (again not everyones taste).

Also not the rust under the door cill cover has now been grinded back, treated, primed and painted on both doors!!

Rides
    Painted the cage in the brightest gold I could find off the Halfords shelf, came out pretty good but managed to chip it in one place when fitting.
    Fitting the cage on your own is not fun, but managed to get it in eventually.
    Just need to tidy the holes in the rear quater cards, then i will be happy.

Thats all for now, still not up to date at the moment but not too far behind now.

Rides
    Test fitted the rear wheels after the cage was instelled. Lets just say it looks like a boat at the moment!!
    Plus my existing Apex coilovers were seized into the collars, so at more expense i ordered some HSD's from Driftworks!!

After looking at different options for rear bumpers, i decided to get a jap import one (not sure if its the zenki or kouki one)??
    The price of a second hand one is pretty steep though at around £200, but managed to snap one off ebay for £75 posted :-)

So started to get that fitted while i was still waiting for my HSD's to arrive!!
    Was expecting to take the rear bumper off and find a load of rust, butn it's basically mint!!!

Was pretty dark by the time it got fitted, so the picture is poor, but i love it!! Just needs painting now, but the whole car is getting done mid-march!!

Rides
    After a month of waiting these bad boys arrived at the door, took a while as Driftworks were sold out, but kept me in the loop so was very happy!!

So the following weekend I decided to start fitting them on my own.
    Forgot to say that all the work I have done on this car has been literally from 9am until 11:30am Saturday mornings only, as I have football and then it's too dark. Thats the main reason it has taken me so long to get to where I currently am. Anyway, saturday morning and i removed the old seized Apex ones and install the new HSD fronts which totally changed the look of the car!!

Only managed to get the fronts done before football, pretty low at the moment but can go lower if i want, as i have rolled my arches (didnt get any pictures of me doing that). I think it's looking great now!!

Rides
    So you brought the vsxx I wanted form skyline owners shame to see them go abroad, I too was going to fit 4&5" lips

Rides
    The following saturday morning I decided to tackle the rears in the snow!! Need to get this done as I want to send it to my mates paint shop soon for a re-spray!!
    Got the rears fitted in about an hour, which i thought was good, especialyy when I had to put the new coilovers into position, get a jack under them and then climb in the back to do up the top nuts!! Anyway, slammed it loads compared to what it was before, struggled to get the jack out after but it's looking great now.

Gave her a wash and decided to go to an empty car park and take some Iphone snaps lol, i personally think it looks good, just how I pictured it.
    25mm spacers on the front and 5mm spacers on the back are whats currently fitted, not sure if i should go wider on the back and adjust the camber more, or is that to USA styleeee??

This is where we are to date, its off for it's MOT this weekend plus a full suspension alignment.
    Things left to do are as follows:
    New exhaust with more ground clerance.
    Re-spray (same colour just to get it mint)
    Bit more engine dress up (rocker cover and silicone hoses to gold??)
    Just recieved S/S slam panle and apex S/S air box, will be fitting this weekend.
    Have the car fully treated and undersealed (arches and cills already done).
    Then try to enjoy it as much as possible in the Summer!!!!!!!!
    Will post more updates when they happen!!

Rides
    That looks really nice, I think it's a good shout to keep the green colour with those wheels as it matches so well. Is it in your plans to de-tango your indicators? Just an idea.

Also no idea how you're managing to run it that low, you must have a seriously tucked exhaust!

Rides
    Yeah I gotta get some clear fronts, just can't justify spending £80+ on some plastic!!
    I got some light diffusers lying around at work, so might have a go at making my own soon.

It is low, I have only travelled about 30 miles since lowering it, the exhaust does hit on so I'm looking to get someting that will give me more clearance in the very near future. Just want a single exit exhaust like the one below so I can keep it as close to the chassis as possible!!