Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dakota Drift & Drag Events 2013

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Dakota Drift & Drag Events 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Magic View Post
    Dakota Drift

This will be the first event of 2013. As was said in the briefing for their first event Straightliners will never cancel an event, the dates listed are set in stone.

Thankyou for your support in 2012 and of course to Straightliners for holding the events. The events seem to get better and better so roll on 2013.

Please read all the details below

Event updates

Pre-pay is now available for the drift tickets.

Number limit capped to 50 cars @ £60 entry fee.

Drift experience rides available.

ODC rounds at the first 2 event dates.

Downloadable form with seperate signing on que at the event for pre entered drivers. (form coming soon)

Skill based sticker system

Events

23rd March 2013

3rd August 2013

12th October

16th November

Price & Pre-pay info

£10 Entry Ticket
    £60 Drift Ticket
    50 Drift tickets available.

Everybody has to pay £10 for entrance to the venue and then £60 to drift. So £70 total for drifters.

Registration for pre-pay goes live on the 6th March and closes when the limit is full or the Wednesday before the event. If numbers do not get to 50 the rest of the tickets will be available on the gate.

This is the link to registering for pre-pay:

Event Register

Smeatharpe airfield

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...p=0&sz=15&z=14

Drift Tracks & Tuition

We have 2 tracks at Smeatharpe

1 - Large circuit style lapped track with upto 4 cars on at one time to keep the que times down. I will be bringing back the 'wall' for the next event.

2 - Beginner playpen with drift tuition available. There will be no spectators allowed at this track so even less pressure for anyone wanting to learn. Learn basic techniques like doughnuts, figures of eights and transitioning in a safe environment.

If you are thinking of starting drifting have a quick read through these threads for some basic advice:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq-...parations.html
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/faq-...g-started.html

Driver Info & Rules

Gates open 8am, scrutineering between 8.00 and 9.30am. Drivers briefing 8.30am. Drifting starts 9am and ends 4pm.

Drivers licence needed

Arms and legs covered & helmets on. Seatbelt/Harness done up.

Take your tyres home with you and rubbish in the bins. Any fly tipping of tyres will result in you being banned from future events

Noise restrictions - NO BEE-R LIMITERS! If you have one you will be asked to turn it off or so it doesn't bang like a shotgun.

Obey the marshal's and flags. Bad attitudes towards the drift track marshal's is not acceptable, any problems ask for me, Paul or Trevor.

TOW HOOKS - easily assessable tow hooks are required front and rear

Competition info

There will be the usual competition in the afternoon with 3 trophies on offer. This is open to everyone including ODC drivers.

1 - Best driver of the day

2 - Most improved beginner

3 - Best wall rub

ODC

Odc qualifying available for the first 2 events of the year. 23rd March & 3rd August.

There wasn't anywhere local to do any ODC until now and please bear in mind this is ODC added on to our practice day so there cannot be any priorities over people not competing. If you want a place be online ready to click pay for your ticket at 12.01am 6th March to ensure you get a ticket.

Everybody at the event will have the same seat time ODC or not and won't feel much different from a normal practice day, the judged section will be on part of the main track and judged sometime in the afternoon depending on how many of you enter.

I will also try to get an independent judge.

Drift Experience

This has been setup to give people that are either interested in or looking into starting up the sport the opportunity to experience what it is like inside a drift car with advice and demonstrations from experienced drivers along with a beginners guide leaflet.

The idea is to get more people into drifting. More info to come about this.

Dakota Drag And Drift, Dates And More Information

Paul@jdmgarageuk.com

trevor@straightliners.co.uk

Find us on Facebook @ Dakota Drift

Below is their facebook pages

Drift
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/455053331192428/

Drag
    http://www.facebook.com/dakota.raceway?ref=ts&fref=ts

Driftworks thread

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drif...3-03-13-a.html

Website
    http://dakotaraceway.co.uk/dragracing/

Please do not post on this thread thinking you will get in to the event. Please visit the driftworks thread for more details or book in via their website
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I'm eagerly awaiting the booking opening! I'll be doing as many as possible.

Just need to get my car ready!

Alex B

Rides
    I'll be doing some drag racing as soon as the car is finished.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkeyKong View Post
    I'll be doing some drag racing as soon as the car is finished.
    I don't have the schedual for 2015 yet I'm afraid mate.

Rides
    I cant wait for the booking day. need to get a few bits done to the car before hand then it will be skid,skid all the way.

Rides
    LOL @ Chris.

I look forward to drag racing something as well. This is a cheap, fun day guys! No big queues - plenty to see and get involved in.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Prepay lines open tomorrow fyi

Rides
    Registration was supposed to go live at 12.01, but I have a feeling they didn't work on a 24hr clock, (so it should have been set for 00.01). From the look of the facebook page, (which I'm not a member of), I stayed up late for nothing!

Alex B

Rides
    Did anyone on here managed to get registered?

Alex B

Rides
    Only Garysx I think off here.

I now have something to take up the drag strip.

Rides
    Do tell more?

Rides

Rides
    Was it anyone from here who offered to lead us in when we were a little lost?

Alex B

Rides
    Not sure. I was there spectating but only managed a few hours as it was bitterly cold! Plenty of drift action - not much drag racing!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    What's the drag strip like? Tempted to try out the sx there at some point

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    What's the drag strip like? Tempted to try out the sx there at some point
    Does what you'd expect. 1/8 mile strip with a further 1/8 mile run-off. Decent-enough concrete surface. £10 entry. £10 to rent a helmet for the day. As many runs as you can handle! It's an excellent active motorsport day, no 'show and shine'. I'm determined I'll run my S14 on 3rd August at Smeatharpe.

Straightliners are going to Perranporth in Cornwall on 11th August, as per the other thread just posted in the south-west section.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Will you have your power map done by August? Quite fancy taking you on drag racing

Rides
    It was a couple of drifters, a damson S14a and a multi coloured S14(a) with S13 front. We pulled over as we were struggling to get up a hill, (used the works tipper to tow mine), thats when they asked if we wanted to follow them, but as we needed to find somewhere to turn our 44' unit around we said for them to carry on.
    We were a bit concerned as the first time we did Smeatharpe we went down some stupidly small tracks as the SatNav took us round a perimeter road. There was no way the truck was gonna get down them so we had to try and work another route out!

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Will you have your power map done by August? Quite fancy taking you on drag racing
    Well it's a target isn't it!

To be honest I need to get my arse in gear with it - the car hasn't been driven properly in years. It was actually 4 years ago that the base map was put on by Alan Jeffreys!