Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st drive on my remaped rb26

Rides

1st drive on my remaped rb26

I finally got to take the car out today as I got my ecu back on Monday,the car is much more lively than before but there is a few things I'm not sure about.

On my pfc monitor its not showing boost level,its just blank

This is the first time I've really looked at the KNOCK,and at idle its at 0 or 1 but the highest I seen was 41 when I floored it in 1st gear,is 41 ok?

I've mentioned on here before about a clicking sound coming from around the turbo are,this is a video to see if any1 knows what it is.
    Cheers

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...psf0ad7c9b.mp4

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silviagtr33 View Post
    I finally got to take the car out today as I got my ecu back on Monday,the car is much more lively than before but there is a few things I'm not sure about.

On my pfc monitor its not showing boost level,its just blank

This is the first time I've really looked at the KNOCK,and at idle its at 0 or 1 but the highest I seen was 41 when I floored it in 1st gear,is 41 ok?

I've mentioned on here before about a clicking sound coming from around the turbo are,this is a video to see if any1 knows what it is.
    Cheers

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...psf0ad7c9b.mp4
    if your not running the pfc boost kit then it will show as zero, you can turn that display onto something else

Rides
    It was showing the boost before it got its map,now its just showing something like (-----)

Rides
    Have you got another form of boost control then? If you have it will show "-----" as it's not being read from the pfc

Rides
    It's just controlled using my manual boost controller,its just weird that it worked before lol

Rides
    It's just controlled using my manual boost controller,its just weird that it worked before lol
    maybe the mapper turned off the boost controller signal for the hand commander

Rides
    It your using a manual controller, it won't work on pfc. You will have to have the pfc boost control kit, from what I have heard they aren't as accurate as some aftermarket controllers. I can't see how it would display boost if you don't have the pfc boost kit

Rides
    Yeh I understand that but it definitely did work before because that's the main thing I used to monitor lol

Rides
    Yeh I understand that but it definitely did work before because that's the main thing I used to monitor lol

Strange

Rides
    Did you plug the boost control kit into the PFC ?

Rule of thumb on knock levels is anything below 50 is fine, how have you had the ecu mapped without the car ?

Thats just nuts if you ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    Did you plug the boost control kit into the PFC ?

Rule of thumb on knock levels is anything below 50 is fine, how have you had the ecu mapped without the car ?

Thats just nuts if you ask me

I haven't had a boost control kit,I totally see what you lot are saying but it did show boost before lol

What happened with the map was.. It got mapped on my car but when I got home I noticed all the numbers etc in the pfc hand controller was the same.. The map didn't save due to a faulty live wire in my car,so I gave him my ecu and he managed to put my new map onto my ecu using another car or something so now I can use it as it only needs to save data when getting mapped.i spoke to apexi USA about it and they said its fine to do it that way.i don't know if that makes sense lol

Rides
    Did you replace the ecu yourself?

Did you definitely plug everything in? Little white rectangular plug in the side?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Knock of 41 is kinda high, less than 50 is deemded ok. Personally I wouldn't want anything higher than mid 20s. My PFC has never seen numbers above 20.

Who did the Map?

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Personally I wouldn't want anything higher than mid 20s. My PFC has never seen numbers above 20.
    Same here, I rarely see anything over the high teens/low 20's, anything over 30 would concern me.
    Doesnt anything over 40 cause the engine light on the dash to flash to alert you that you need to back off ?
    Its gone!

Rides
    What are the knock sensors like on the RB? I get the impression that the SR one is OK, but if the RB one is anything like the 13b one, and the mapper was happy, I'd be tempted to just ignore it. I've hit over 120 on my 13b. If it was that bad, I would have been picking apex seals out of the car behind.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I think the thing here is to get a feel for what readings make sense when the mapper has his knock sensor on and make sure they don't go more than that.

The issue with this car is that it is running a similar car's map.

If I was the owner I would make the drive to a RR and get it dyno's to make sure everything is tip top.

Rides
    Yes I plugged it in myself I will check it again.my ecu wasnt mapped on a similar car,it was only put onto another car just to get power to the ecu,( well I think that's how they managed to get power to the ecu)

I spoke to some1 last night who said there is a chance it could be a false reading as its got a fully forged engine and they tend to be a bit louder,not sure if that's true tho

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    The issue with this car is that it is running a similar car's map.

If I was the owner I would make the drive to a RR and get it dyno's to make sure everything is tip top.

So are these high readings on just light throttle? or are we talking WOT runs? If the latter, then why are you ragging the car on a custom map that's not for that car?!
    The knock readings probably are high, and I'd just, well, stop doing that, and get it mapped.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Did you replace the ecu yourself?

Did you definitely plug everything in? Little white rectangular plug in the side?
    You were bang on bud,I didn't connect the small white plug,I didn't even realise it had one.i take it this doesn't even need connected as it drove fine

Rides
    No the ecu was mapped using my car but my car had a wiring problem so the map couldn't save to my ecu,the mapper had it saved on his laptop so I gave him my ecu to put the map back on and I think he might have just plugged it onto another car just to put my map back on,it wasn't tuned on another car

It may not have been plugged into another car but I have been told this is only way to put a map back onto the ecu. The car that my ecu went into may not have even been started
    Last edited by silviagtr33; 01-02-2013 at 13:05.