Thread: agreed mileage

Rides

agreed mileage

just a thought.

If you have an agreed mileage policy and you lend your car to a friend who is insured on his own seperate policy - if your friend then exceeds the agreed mileage, then does that make my policy invalid?

i guess im asking if agreed mileage is for a vehicle or for a policy holder?

Rides
    It covers the mileage that the car does from my understanding, Its less likely to be in an accident if its only on the road for a limited time per annum.

Also the other person borrowing your car would only be covered 3rd party and not for regular use of the vehicle.

If said person is using the vehicle on regular occasions then they need to be a named driver on your policy.

This is all my understanding though and may not be 100% correct
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Possibly if you have 'proof' of what mileage someone else did, like a signed mileage log each time any person used the car then you might be able to argue it.
    However, I can't say if an insurance company would accept that as proof anyway so personally I would go with exactly what Vidal Babboon said.

Anyways, when I've played about changing mileage options for insurance its never made a massive differece so its probably better to just go for the higher option and pay the slight extra premium?
    bovvered?