Thread: constant Ignition now

Rides

constant Ignition now

Im at my bloody wits end with this car. Me and Mr Babboon fixed my light problems but now i have perminant ignition. Ive disconnect the feed to the barrel etc and stays on the only way it shuts off is by pulling the 75amp fuse the engine relay the brown bootom relay behind the fuse box or the plug ontop of the smj. It started working when i was wiggling the alarm wiring then went bad again once wiggled again and since we have not been able to get replicate it. we disconnected the alarm feeds but still stayed on. I suspect its the alarm its self thats fault. Anybody got any ideas. Its a toad ai606i alarm. Thanks

Rides
    Sent you some info mate (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Hi mate, I had a similar issue with mr2 turbo with a toad ai606.
    The battery died at work one day, I jump started it using a boost pack. Drove home and couldn't turn the engine off lol.
    Tried everything, immobilising it, locking/unlocking, full arm, disconnected battery, sensors etc etc. ended up putting it in 4th and stalling it.
    At this point the ignition turned off (no batt+) and wouldn't turn back on after reconnecting.

Turned out to be a blown resistor in the alarm module. The boost pack caused it according to my local sparky.

If you have disconnected the alarm from the ign signal it won't be that, but worth checking.

Rides
    Sorted now was a short from ecu to fuse box.

Rides
    What was the problem in the end? I have exact same issue and I am totally stumped! Which wire was it?....long time since I know.

Cheers

Adam
    Last edited by Adzsy; 05-12-2015 at 00:09.