Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: jj205mi16's sr20vet s14a

Rides
    Had an absolute blast at the SXOC weekender, looking forward to fitting some new parts and seeing whats in store for next years.

the car behaved most of the day with only one small breakdown (melted a boost pipe) it was a seriously hot day, and although the water temp never budged it was obviously getting hot under the bonnet, melting the loom that was miles away and burning through the boost pipe. lucky for me and unbelievably a member on here had a spare pipe (the exact hose i needed!!)

great weekend even though camping isn't really my cup of tea.

id advise anyone it the club to get involved in next years weekender!

Rides
    i was getting the car ready for another track day at knockhill this weekend and noticed this

can't believe it, only done possibly 2000 miles and 2 track days, no wear on them at all really. pretty gutted as its a DB power kit and I'm pretty sure Dan stopped selling them.

Rides
    well since my disc was cracked and no trackday AND a week off work, i decided to have a look at a small hole i had in the passenger footwell, so i poked, and poked......

so i'll be needing a sill, started making up plates for the floor pan and inner sills, great fun these Nissans

Rides
    You did't think one poke was enough you had to be greedy for more best of luck

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Bet you wish you were at work now rather than spending your holiday like this
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    You did't think one poke was enough you had to be greedy for more best of luck
    before i knew it i had poked my way to the other end of the car Gerry! pure greed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Bet you wish you were at work now rather than spending your holiday like this
    yes you are correct chris, i think that will be it put away for the winter now, ill sort out all these jobs and tidy some other bits up.....hopefully be ready for next years weekender haha

Rides
    rusting from the inside out this thing, i guess the hole in the footwell has been letting water in for a while, carpet constantly wet, but anyway cut it all out and start again, hopefully it will last another few years.

finished off the inner sill and floor pan fired on some weld through zinc primer.

still to make up a plate for the wheel arch, possibly tomorrow (or go to the pub)
    Last edited by jj205mi16; 24-09-2015 at 21:38.

Rides
    Tonight i made up the outer skin for the wheel arch, decided it would be easier in 3 sections, done 2 then was beat by lack of light.

then sprayed inside and outside with weld through primer, hoping that will hold off the rust for a while

while the welder was out i decided to put the old seat to use

its far from finished but its just for messing about with, i told my son id set up a tv in the loft just for his consoles etc as its all floored already. "just for him"

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Just read through this whole thread again. Some really nice touches like the fuse box/battery tray and never realised you had rebuilt the engine

Are the front fenders as good a fit as they look?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cheers Chris, its still rough around the edges and id love to tidy it up but I'm always in a hurry to get it back out rather than polishing the thing.

the fenders do fit really good, the light brackets weren't so good as they are also fibreglass and made the light vibrate as you were driving, so i cut them off and made steel mounts from the front panel, fairly easy to do. A decent bodyshop fitting the wings and they would be perfect I'm sure.

Rides
    small update, been working in the house so thats held me up a bit, the cars been sitting outside for a few weeks now due to the garage being a bit of a tip, full of house stuff and motorbikes

so first thing i did was pull everything out and start again, painted the inside and built a completely new bench. new stereo as well, still waiting on a tv to come up

but I've now got loads of room

went out tonight and finished off the floor pan, its not the prettiest of welding but its all solid and still to be sealed, ill then underseal the car again.

Last edited by jj205mi16; 22-11-2015 at 22:20.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I wish I had a garage like that.

Rides
    It could always be bigger Chris, but it keeps the rain off your head

Rides
    Well done very tidy work! I need to go through mine and find it all as I'm sure there is lots I don't know about! Very nice clean build too! I want those wings!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dan200s14 View Post
    Well done very tidy work! I need to go through mine and find it all as I'm sure there is lots I don't know about! Very nice clean build too! I want those wings!
    cheers mate, its getting there slowly but surely.

Rides
    Nice build, what did you use to clean the carbon deposits on the head?

And where about did you buy your 1.5mm Cosworth head gasket as i'm probably going to go with the same head gasket for my engine rebuild.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    Nice build, what did you use to clean the carbon deposits on the head?

And where about did you buy your 1.5mm Cosworth head gasket as i'm probably going to go with the same head gasket for my engine rebuild.
    i got it from japspeed if i remember correctly. cleaning the head i used a wire wheel on the end of the drill and brake/carb cleaner to remove anything left over.

Rides
    Its been a few months but thats it welded up, with new sills fitted as supplied by Spice Weasel. a few hours of welding involved but im glad its done. also fitted some clear front indicators and ordered a new set of side lights as mine were a bit damaged.

Fitted a new set of front discs, took it for a drive and gave it a wash, good to have it out driving again and looking forward to a few more track days this year.

Need to order new front tyres and toying with the idea of new side skirts, not sure on what to go with though.....

Rides
    So its pretty counter productive since my last post, managed to break no1 piston ring land through my own stupidity. so heads off another set of rings and a piston on its way

so while that's happening I ordered a set of cams and cam gears, I also started to tidy up the inner arches.

Rides
    Ouch, how did you manage to break the ring land?