Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: jj205mi16's sr20vet s14a

Rides
    Sweet, I thought the fronts were from SRB as previous post, but the rear overfenders looked a little shorter on the SRB website near the door than what you got, as ive got the same sill covers and spoiler as you see and want to keep them. Also have you done the fuel cap yet?

Rides
    theres 2 different types from srb, there is a short one and theres a full fender which covers the complete arch. i havent done the cap yet but im going to in the next couple of weeks, wont be too difficult, theres a fibreglass one supplied with the fenders but il just move the steel one.only thing youl need to do is move the catch out from the body a bit.
    Last edited by jj205mi16; 19-01-2014 at 17:30.

Rides
    Drivers side loom tied up, started on the other side as i didnt want any of it melting as its quite close to the turbo. just need an intercooler and a radiator, some silicon joiners and thats me back on the road.

558249_695311540509728_1369013295_n1_zpsb5d1c0a8.jpg

1560415_695311403843075_1972194375_n.jpg

Rides
    All back together, mot next weekend, then a drive to Horsham Developments for mapping.

Last edited by jj205mi16; 06-04-2014 at 13:37.

Rides
    good news mate. really looking forward to seeing the results

Rides
    me too nash, a bit excited and worried all at the same time, its a 6 hr drive to HD im hoping it doesnt go boom on the dyno lol. Jez put a base map on my ecu so itl drive with the 740s and z32, started first turn of the key, but cant give it any boost till its been properly mapped.

keep watching your videos on you tube, if its as quick as yours seemed to be il be happy, a bit laggier than all the gt/gtx series but love how old skool jdm it is lol.

Rides
    well.......so much for getting the MOT done, booked in this weekend so fingers crossed. also got it booked in at HD for mapping on the 28th......itl soon be winter again! ha

Rides
    I T P A S S E D ! ! ! ! !

first drive in 6 months! to the MOT station and back, no issues, apart from the car running extremely rich due to the base map on it (i hope) felt good to be behind the wheel again tho.

so decided id give it a polish, started off with 2000grit on the DA then G3 then G10 its really not my thing polishing, so i quickly got bored, bit the bonnet then called it a day.

polished up

just need to wait and get it mapped now, 6 hour drive to horsham with it running as rich as it is should be enjoyable on the pocket.

Rides
    Got the old car taxed and took it a run since the sun was out, good to get it out but the lack of boost puts a dampener on it , think that'll be the last i'm out till its away for mapping. i have noticed my exhaust is too high now after me making a few brackets for it and it touching everything under the car, il need to fix that next the knocking from it is driving me nuts.

a drive up the lead hills is hard to beat.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Been a productive weekend with the old car, Got a Fidanza flywheel and an ACT HD paddle fitted, my new (second hand) gearbox fitted hopefully alot quieter than my last one! the flywheel is almost exactly half the weight of the original im hoping to notice a difference there.

Attachment 82281

Attachment 82282

then got my turbo fitted properly, along with the down pipe and waste gate.

Attachment 82283

After that we decided to have a look at the loom situation, on full right hand lock my tyres were rubbing the rubber grommet the loom runs through, as well as catching the loom at the top, even though i had cable tied it as far up and back as possible.

Attachment 82284

ended up moving it to the side of the wing (Seen someone else had done it on here, looked like a great idea)

Attachment 82285

the last pic with the hole for the arch loom, what way did you get it through? disconnect it all inside at the footwell or are there plugs under the fusebox etc?

any tips/advice appreciated as I think i'll do this too as it looks a good solution!

car looks great!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Mac View Post
    the last pic with the hole for the arch loom, what way did you get it through? disconnect it all inside at the footwell or are there plugs under the fusebox etc?

any tips/advice appreciated as I think i'll do this too as it looks a good solution!

car looks great!
    cheers johnny, i cut the hole for the loom grommet to sit into and then cut around into the wheel arch, wasn't much just a slot big enough for the loom, pulled it round to my new hole and welded it back up, didn't disconnect anything, there was enough slack in the loom. now i have full right hand lock unlike before when the tyre rubbed.

Rides
    came across an old photo of my s13, miss that car, probably liked it more than this one might remember it better than it was tho

Rides
    well after messing about blaming everything other than what the actual problem was, and a couple of threads on here later, this is the stage im at now

valve stem seal were hard and very poor looking, but as i kept stripping i found that the oil control rings were stuck solid to the piston, and could easily see that oil had been passing them.

next move is to take the engine to the machine shop and have it cleaned and the head skimmed, possibly have the block decked if required. not really sure after that though, the power im after can be had on a standard block any more and its not just the engine but the transmission needs upgrading, so im thinking of just cleaning it all and re-building using uprated bearings, valve springs and retainers, and possibly cams just to up the rpm a bit.

not sure if it would be worth spending the money to use forged pistons and rods.........

Rides
    started cleaning my pistons and some of my internals in prep for the block coming back, i should be at japfest knockhill today rather than sitting here with my engine in bits!! had high hopes for this year and this wasn't it

cant believe how its ended up at this stage!

Rides
    i love the body work on this so much it makes me want to get my arse into gear to do the same!! but im currently saving for a full rebuild and full clean of everything as i dont think i would want to do it myself!!

how did u do the rear arches and how did u fit the fenders?? have u got any better pics of the fitment on the rears?? plus what spec are the wheels all round?? et size and width?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by racs View Post
    i love the body work on this so much it makes me want to get my arse into gear to do the same!! but im currently saving for a full rebuild and full clean of everything as i dont think i would want to do it myself!!

how did u do the rear arches and how did u fit the fenders?? have u got any better pics of the fitment on the rears?? plus what spec are the wheels all round?? et size and width?
    cheers mate, always good to hear a compliment!

theres a few different ways to do them, i cut mine about 10mm above the swage line on the body, almost untill the external part of the arch is level with the inside (so its flat all the way if you know what i mean) welded the sections together and then test fitted the over fender cut the excess metal from the original arch so it was as close to the inside of the fender (to try and stop all the shit gathering against the metal bodywork) took it back off then sealed the metalwork before riveting the fenders on.

wheels are 18x10 et15 25mm spacer on the back, 35 on the front

Rides
    i wasn't thinking about taking that much off! was only thinking of taking enough to clear and then making some fiber glass shit shields to stop stuff going up there! also thinking of using rivnuts and some nice stainless allan key headed bolts to fix them on!

is that all round with 35mm spacers on front and omg i need some bigger wheels!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by racs View Post
    i wasn't thinking about taking that much off! was only thinking of taking enough to clear and then making some fiber glass shit shields to stop stuff going up there! also thinking of using rivnuts and some nice stainless allan key headed bolts to fix them on!

is that all round with 35mm spacers on front and omg i need some bigger wheels!!
    on my s13 i cut up to a height i thought would be enough, then it started scrubbing after it was all together, and those were blended in, it made it a rite pain in the arse to adjust, so i didnt want to go through that again, i guess it depends how low your going to run it.

Rides
    that makes sense ill probs cut out more than i need but dont want to take too much out that i need to start putting bits back in! and even if it does im not blending in so its all good! and planning on going down to make it stanced but not impractically low!

Rides
    went to pick up my engine from the machine shop today, so thats nearly time to start rebuilding, also start a new job a week come monday so lots going on at the moment, but cant wait to get it all back together.

looks like they did a good job, anyway another step closer again.