Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Megane RS250

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jamie- View Post
    Similar to what my mates is I think.

It does about 35-38 cruising so not too bad considering, also has VVT which may help.

Day to day about 20-30 depending, dont do much town driving mainly fast a and b roads
    Thats pretty good really. Hope I didnt offend you with my earlier comment, I know its hard to compare two completely different cars! Ill have to check where my revs sit at at 50 mph, betting its higher

Rides
    Not at all, I surprised myself and my mate with being able to keep up with him LOL, So i know it isnt that slow

Rides
    So this is now mapped, Approx 300-310 bhp and 330-340ftlbs. Need to get it on the rollers to get proper figures.

Decat next to free up some top end and Maybe some Nitron Coilovers

Rides

Cup Wheels by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr
    These are on the way.

Need to get some more AD08's or RS-R's for them as the 19' chav wheels are for sale.

Rides
    bet this is a weapon now, nice!

Rides
    See's off those silly M3's in the straights now

Rides
    So this is now mapped, Approx 300-310 bhp and 330-340ftlbs. Need to get it on the rollers to get proper figures.

Decat next to free up some top end and Maybe some Nitron Coilovers
    What map did you go for? Do you need supporting mods? Hows the clutch holding up?! I had to have the RS clutch when I mapped mine.

Rides
    Custom map from eTune, Clutch is fine, good for closer to 400bhp/torques. Nope that was just a map, nothign else needed stage 2 requires FMIC, Free flowing exhaust but only sees 20-30bhp over stage one so not really worth the outlay IMO.

Although i will be fitting a larger FMIC to help keep temps down on track

Rides
    See's off those silly M3's in the straights now
    Im not feeling the love! stage 1 sx? no chance!

Rides
    Gutted i won't be at the weekender know to show you how quick it is

Rides
    Custom map from eTune, Clutch is fine, good for closer to 400bhp/torques. Nope that was just a map, nothign else needed stage 2 requires FMIC, Free flowing exhaust but only sees 20-30bhp over stage one so not really worth the outlay IMO.

Although i will be fitting a larger FMIC to help keep temps down on track
    I bought a Airtec gen 3 for my Focus, I cant recomend the company enough. Not sure if they make them for your car but worth a look as there cheap as chips and the quality is fantastic.

Rides
    Forge is the only real option due to the way they boost pipes are on it, £600 odd for a FMIC

Rides
    So my RS29's came yesterday, Original plan was to finish off the RC5's that were in on track tomorrow but after checking them i decided not to :blink:

IMAG0138 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

IMAG0139 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

IMAG0140 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

Just as well i checked, Could of been expensive not changing them:doh:

They Pagids are properly epic pads though, so much stopping power!

FB_IMG_13662198093591979 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

Wheels are refurb'd, Meant to be done Gloss black but the powder was contaminated so they are satin/matt black with a bit of grey through it, Actually really like them

Rides
    So the past few weeks i have been having issues with the stock recirc valve not holding boost due to it just having a rubber diaphragm , It would peak at 1.5bar then drop to 1.3.

Fitted a Forge blanking plate yesterday, Massive pain, took almost 4 hours:shock:

It now holds a steady 1.5 boost all the way to the redline, Much better.

Took a small video, Chatter is pretty loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgBno...ature=youtu.be

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Your such a chav.... LOL

Rides
    Coooool

Rides
    So, Lets have an update of the past couple months. Not much to report.......

My RS29's were a little bit dead when i got home from Belgium

IMAG0320 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

IMAG0319 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

IMAG0321 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

Not that happy with how quickly they wore out, They done 3 TD's, 5 Laps of the Ring and 6k roughly Road miles, Pretty much everyone else who has ran them have got a lot more use out them, Main reason i think mine died so quick is the fact i was out for 40-50 mins a time at Spa and the Meganes front brakes run hot. That is on the list to be addressed this year in the form of some ducting Front and Rear.

Going to try some Carbotech XP10's this year, Higher CoEf than the Pagids and supposedly last a little longer, Hopefully the ducting should help as well.

Got a black exhaust trim sorted, Not a fan of chrome and this spare one popped up cheap, Much better IMO and a lot cheaper than the CF trim i was looking at.

Also removed the "Stage 1" map that i had been running on the advice of some other mappers and the fact it was noticeably down on power compared to a few other Stage 1 Meganes i have been around, Certainly wouldn't recommend that company and from speaking to other owners who have ran similar maps from them before I'm not the only one. Down to RST or to Ecotune to get a stage 2 map in the next few months is the plans now.

This then happened 4 weeks or so ago

Sheared bolt on the gearbox mount, Recovered down to SWR to prevent any damage being done to the Box or Shafts. New Revised mount fitted ti prevent it happening again, No other damage done but i have a Vibratechnics lower mount en route to prevent any excess movement in the future.

Then 8 days later......

Long story short, Flood water was a LOT deeper than it appeared, Cue one dead engine that wouldn't start up. Got recovered home that night and started looking for a new engine just incase.

Stripped the plugs and coils out the next day, Bores full of water so was prepared for the worst, Again it was recovered down to SWR in Stirling, Getting good friends with them and the recovery guys :laugh:

Took them a week or so to actually get time to look at it, Initial inspection wasn't looking good, Intercooler was properly full to the top with water. That was stripped out and drained along with all boost pipes and intake. Distro block was replaced as well as this had been water damaged causing the car not wanting to turn over, Oil was changed twice and it was road tested along with plugs and filter then
    a compression test was carried which came back fine.

Clutch had been slipping for the past few months, Chanced my luck and took it to Spa though and it held up fine, Been getting worse over the past month or so though so got SWR to do a clutch and Flywheel change while it was down with its engine issues.
    OEM Flywheel was on back order and they had no idea when they would be back in so spoke to TTV and ordered up a lightweight SMF "Group N Spec" Flywheel instead along with an OEM clutch, Also got a Decat down pipe fitted while the box is out as its a big job so thought why not.

Thats about it, Car drives a lot nicer than it ever has, Flywheel takes some getting used to though, Combination of a brand new clutch and lightweight fly can be tricky setting off, I stalled 3 times at the garage trying to pull away.....
    Its quite a noisy thing, Clatters on idle and when you don't have any load on and it makes a "Ting" noise on start up, I wouldn't really recommend it tbh as it is quite annoying but for me the benefits outweigh that, Pick up is so much more urgent and that along with the decat has definently free'd up some more power and torque.

Decat sounds mega, Pops and bangs all the time as soon as you lift off, Flames as well:shades: Lost the jet whooshing type noise that i had before but it now has a more purposeful growl/roar to it. Its loud now though, My Dad heard me coming home from work tonight about 2 miles away and could hear the bangs as i was coming into the village LOL!

Plans for it now, Hmmm. It needs new rear discs and Pads so will be going for OEM discs as thats the only option and some Yellowstuff on the rear again as they work well and are cheap as chips, Got some XP10's coming from Carbotech then i need to decide what fluid I'm going to run as i can boil the ATE SuperBlue in it already. Going to do braided lines as well while plus the callipers all need a service and new seals as the current ones are pretty ****ed from the head, My callipers are a lovely shade of Purple/Brown now LOL!

Airtec have released a FMIC for it, Should be cheaper than the Forge and Ktec options so will probably get one, Inlet temps were getting pretty high on track last year and was sapping power.

BCS are still planning on developing a 3 inch Power Valve system using my car but I'm in two minds now as i love how it sounds with the decat plus stock system minus mid box.

Needs tyres again, Not sure what to go for, Either the new R compound AD08, Nankang NS2-R or maybe some Pilot Super Sports and get a separate set of wheels for track work to use up my ever increasing pile of part worn semi-slicks.

Wheels need refurbed again, Thinking of getting them done Red.

Needs a proper detail and correction in the next few months as the paint is pretty bad at the moment, Planning on going down the Quartz or Nano coating on the Paint/Wheels and Glass this time as i cba with waxes and sealants. Said coatings are the way forward IMO, Espcially on something that sees some hard conditions for the paint work.

Front end needs a refresh as well, New drop links etc, My attraction for Kerbs on track is finally catching up to me.

Think thats everything, Due to the money i have had to spend on it so far my track days are going to be few this year, Got Snetterton booked for August and looking likely ill be back at Spa again but for 2 days this year in September along with a Ring trip.

Going to try squeeze in either Cadwell in May or Bedford in June and probably at least one or two KH days.

Hope you made it this far, Quite a Spiel.

Rides
    An eventful update dude.....she starting to become triggers broom. Keep on seeing these on the road and they do look smart. Id like one anyway.

Rides
    Crikey

Good to hear she survived