Thread: What has happened to Adrian Flux?

Rides

What has happened to Adrian Flux?

As per title, I've just got off the phone from calling you again, you used to have good customer service, and the lady was polite enough, but you just can't get sense out of you nowadays.

I took out a policy for my other halves car with you in December, it was a LPG car, which was advised at the time and declared.

They you sent a text saying you where about to cancel the policy and to call you, which I did.

The lady explained that you required an LPG install certificate, I explained that you had not requested this at the time and we do not have it as it was doen several years ago by the previous owner, so we scanned and sent the latest LPG service certificate to show it was serviced.

The lady said it was advised that we put it on the register, so I said as it's not compulsory (the car does not have to be on it) I am not going to the expense to do that for something only advised. So then she said well it is compulsory so we will cancel the insurance otherwise. So how is that advisory?

So now Adrian Flux want to cancel the policy on Friday and as my other half works full time, and it's her only car and she is not near an LPG garage how can she get the certificate.

This is frankly sh1te service, if you'd told us your advisory/compulsory stance at the time, I'd have gone elsewhere that didn't need it, the previous insurance companies have NEVER required it to be on the voluntary register, only properly serviced and in good working order which the service receipts prove.

So what other option have you left than policy cancellation?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Can anyone advise how I go to the ombudsman over this?
    Thanks.

Rides
    I got similarly screwed by AF over no claims discount,they waited till 14 days cancel period is up THEN send out letter stating an increase of 35 p/month
    Never will use them again,shower of $hit tbh,
    Not sure but maybe contact citizens advice bureau?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Can anyone advise how I go to the ombudsman over this?
    Thanks.
    First step is to understand whether it's the broker, AF, requiring it or whether the insurer is making the stipulation and it's just being passed down to AF to deliver the message. At any rate, if the certificate wasn't requested at the time of quotation being accepted then the insurer is unable to impose such a term after the particulars of the contract have been agreed. The only option available to the insurer is to invoke cancellation and, therefore, it must be on a pro-rata basis without the addition of any administration charges. Any imposed by the broker would be extremely likely to be deemed unfair so if they are applying any, I'd be suggesting to them they have a re-think.

Read the back of your policy booklet on 'How To Complain' - you need to follow the procedure as laid out rather than go straight to the FOS.

Rides
    Thanks Arry. The annoying thing is that the other company who where the same price did not require it, however she took the policy out just before the equalisation rule between male and female, so I bet she has to pay more now.

Andy, they are also trying that on as well, saying the no claims bonus from another broker may not be accepted, it's from Aviva as well!

To top it all off, they are makign continual bullsh1t reqeusts, for example I am with AF on my SX policy and have been sometime, so they already cover me, and yet because I am named on her policy I have to scan and email my license to them, then the logn bit, then the back of the photocard etc etc, if they where that fooking bothered we have they covered me on and off for 10 years without all these details!

I will read the booklet how to complain, the problem is she needs the car for work, there is no public transport where she is, and they are trying to cancel the policy on Friday. Really annoying.

Rides
    Thanks Arry. The annoying thing is that the other company who where the same price did not require it, however she took the policy out just before the equalisation rule between male and female, so I bet she has to pay more now.

Andy, they are also trying that on as well, saying the no claims bonus from another broker may not be accepted, it's from Aviva as well!

To top it all off, they are makign continual bullsh1t reqeusts, for example I am with AF on my SX policy and have been sometime, so they already cover me, and yet because I am named on her policy I have to scan and email my license to them, then the logn bit, then the back of the photocard etc etc, if they where that fooking bothered we have they covered me on and off for 10 years without all these details!

I will read the booklet how to complain, the problem is she needs the car for work, there is no public transport where she is, and they are trying to cancel the policy on Friday. Really annoying.
    AF are the broker - your SX policy and your wife's policy are likely not with the same underwriter. The wife's underwriter requires a copy of your driving licence so AF will just have to ask for it.

Prepare yourself to have to incept a new policy on Friday, then, by the sounds of it....

Rides
    Thanks Arry, it's good to have knowledgable impartial input on here.

Sounds like I better get shopping around again.

You have explained the difference between broker and insurance to me, and although I understand I still feel let down by the broker, I shall be gonig elsewhere for both my sx and Merc insurance which are due up soon.

Rides
    Well the broker's job is to service your policy and act with your best interests in mind. If you don't feel they've done that then ask them for reasonable explanation of their actions and, if they can't provide it - then you've answered your own question really fella

Rides
    Scottie, try Greenlight Insurance, I got a quote from them yesterday which I think was pretty good. (although was a multicar quote for the Jag which is LPG and the Diesel S13)
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay...ight-Insurance
    bovvered?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

Could you please PM me your reference and contact number and I can look into this now for you and find out what is going on?

Thanks

Dan

As per title, I've just got off the phone from calling you again, you used to have good customer service, and the lady was polite enough, but you just can't get sense out of you nowadays.

I took out a policy for my other halves car with you in December, it was a LPG car, which was advised at the time and declared.

They you sent a text saying you where about to cancel the policy and to call you, which I did.

The lady explained that you required an LPG install certificate, I explained that you had not requested this at the time and we do not have it as it was doen several years ago by the previous owner, so we scanned and sent the latest LPG service certificate to show it was serviced.

The lady said it was advised that we put it on the register, so I said as it's not compulsory (the car does not have to be on it) I am not going to the expense to do that for something only advised. So then she said well it is compulsory so we will cancel the insurance otherwise. So how is that advisory?

So now Adrian Flux want to cancel the policy on Friday and as my other half works full time, and it's her only car and she is not near an LPG garage how can she get the certificate.

This is frankly sh1te service, if you'd told us your advisory/compulsory stance at the time, I'd have gone elsewhere that didn't need it, the previous insurance companies have NEVER required it to be on the voluntary register, only properly serviced and in good working order which the service receipts prove.

So what other option have you left than policy cancellation?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

I would be more than happy to get to the bottom of why your premium increased for you. If you would like to PM me your reference number then I can post the reply for you on here.

Regards

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    I got similarly screwed by AF over no claims discount,they waited till 14 days cancel period is up THEN send out letter stating an increase of 35 p/month
    Never will use them again,shower of $hit tbh,
    Not sure but maybe contact citizens advice bureau?

Rides
    Just to update, Dan has put me in touch with two people who are helping me to work through all this. Hopefully should have it all resolved soon. Will update then.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX View Post
    Hi

I would be more than happy to get to the bottom of why your premium increased for you. If you would like to PM me your reference number then I can post the reply for you on here.

Regards

Dan
    I sent you countless emails explaining how you were not accepting my 3 years NCB but you insisted that it was 2 years after the 14 day period and all details given at time of quote would have been checked prior to my quote by yourselves,
    your staff ignored all evidence submitted to prove from Admiral and YOUR SELVES it was 3 years and each reply was a copy and paste of your terms and conditions, nothing else just the terms and conditions fine print
    When I queried at the time of the initial quote how much discount 1 year is worth as in 2 or 3 years NCB I was told it was £40 discount,and yet the increase from 3 years ncb back to 2 years you sent me was from £54 ish per month (3 years) to £86 per month for 2 years NCB
    THAT'S why I went else were for insurance

Rides
    Well thanks to Dan for picking this up and putting me in touch with two helpful ladies who got me through a minefield of confusion.

It has cost more in the end, but at least i understand the reasons why and differences between brokers and insurance companies, and some do not honour ncb from others etc.

Anyway, glad to say its sorted and was glad to find some helpful people at AF.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Your welcome, glad we got it sorted.

Thanks

Dan

Well thanks to Dan for picking this up and putting me in touch with two helpful ladies who got me through a minefield of confusion.

It has cost more in the end, but at least i understand the reasons why and differences between brokers and insurance companies, and some do not honour ncb from others etc.

Anyway, glad to say its sorted and was glad to find some helpful people at AF.