Thread: sudden power loss and check engine light

Rides

sudden power loss and check engine light

Hi people. This is a first since ive owned the car.

Was cruising in second about 3500rpm earlier on, put my foot down to give it some boost and the car choked and initially dropped power followed instantly by a flashing check engine light. I came off the throttle and tried again and it done it again. Then suddenly the light stopped flashing and it drove perfect since. Ive driven it about 20miles since stopping and starting 4 times and it's not done it since.

Any idea anyone please :s? Confused the hell out of me. I personally blame the cold weather lol!

Rides
    Was the engine up to temp ect.. Got accurate gauges? Could be knock sensor which I believe is wired in to the check light.

Rides
    Yeah the car was definitely warmed up 100% and yeah ive got accurate gauges too. Seemed a bit odd like I said its never done it before

Rides
    Yea seams a strange one. I can't remember what else is wired into the check light. Might be worth checking fault codes for anything obvious

What spec are you running? Wasn't fuel cut was it?
    Last edited by m44t-xx; 17-01-2013 at 17:10.

Rides
    Can u self diagnose these cars like holding the foot on the brake while turning the key to bring the dash lights on then counting the amount of flashes or does it need to be plugged in?

Rides
    I think you can do the flashes (wouldn't have a clue how to) I used to use consult cable until I moved to powerFC

Rides
    On S15's you bridge 2 pins in the consult port to make the engine check light flash the fault codes. I imagine 14's would be the same. There was a guide on the S15oc on how to do it with a list of the fault codes. I would link to it, but the S15oc is down at the minute.

Rides
    S15oc is working again now. This is the guide on there, might be worth trying to see if it works on a 14 http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.ph...perclip-Method