Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Generation Consoles: PS4 & XBOX ONE

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceworx View Post
    TBH with things like this id say it was the PR teams fault :-

link to twitter :- https://twitter.com/gi4ouR/status/344929544492429313
    I said not 'specifically', not that it's not at all their fault. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Basically, you don't fit our ideals so have our old stuff. It could be worded better.

But again, that's from Xbox Support, not a direct comms from the PR team. Although they should have all staff singing from a solid hymn sheet of Q&As and if that is an approved response then I stand by my comment of MS needing to rethink their PR team.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides

Rides
    What do they mean by 'share' exactly? If my mate buys Forza 5, can we all play it without having to buy it?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    That's how I read it Pete - if that's true, I imagine that 'feature' alone will win quite a few people over

Rides
    To be frank, seems ****ing unlikely to me.

Also, I'll still be the poor bastard buying all the games because I'm the only one with any money

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    It seems to work that way, but it may mean that they can only play it when you are not.... if that makes sense. That would solve the whole "lending" to a mate.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Rides
    The article says a family can have 10 members and two people can access the game files at the same time... Sounds very much like they're trying to fix the not-being-able-to-lend-your-games-to-your-mates thing.

I'm not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers!

Rides
    as far as I can make out it requires access to the internet once every 24hours.. if its switched off for a few weeks then you start it up again it will just require you log in and it will do its thing.. the problem is if you loose your internet connection after that 24 hours expires you can no longer play your games until it logs in again..

but I may be wrong it seems very confusing!
    Your not wrong

Rides
    but the comments on another article that links to says this :-

Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates. While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.”

"You can only give Xbox One games to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days."

“You can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console.

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

so if im reading all this correctly only one person can play at once and the person whos "borrowing" the game has to log in every hour with your account details so will have to know your passwords ect..

its all clear as mud

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruji View Post
    That's how I read it Pete - if that's true, I imagine that 'feature' alone will win quite a few people over
    They said you can loan it to one other person.

Rides
    but the comments on another article that links to says this :-

Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates. While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.”
    I read that as "You need to check you game licence over the web when you start playing your game.
    "You can only give Xbox One games to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days."
    This is only for when you actually fully transfer the licence etc, not the friends and family share I think

“You can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console.
    The 1 hour on another console is for when you go visit your mate and log onto your account on his/her xbox. Using the cloud you can play and access all your stuff. The system will check every hour to ensure its not someone who has hacked your account for example.

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."
    See above...

so if im reading all this correctly only one person can play at once and the person whos "borrowing" the game has to log in every hour with your account details so will have to know your passwords ect..

its all clear as mud
    Its definetly as clear as mud, but I think the Family Group and the transferring the game to a mate are different scenarios.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    Do you work for them by any chance?
    Yes, but with marketing, not PR

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    Yes, but with marketing, not PR
    For the love of god, have a word with someone man

Rides
    Whoops

(E3 XBOX One 'demo kits' at E3 were actually Windows 7-powered HP systems with NVidia graphics cards)

Rides
    Bahahahahahaha!

Holy ****in shit, is that genuine Cluck?

Funny on so many levels. Bet AMD will be chuffed with that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Whoops

(E3 XBOX One 'demo kits' at E3 were actually Windows 7-powered HP systems with NVidia graphics cards)
    there was a pic floating around a few years ago of a Halo demo being run on some hidden Macs, Microsoft Fail

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Bahahahahahaha!

Holy ****in shit, is that genuine Cluck?

Funny on so many levels. Bet AMD will be chuffed with that.
    It's on the internet, of course it's genuine . To be honest, I don't know but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it was genuine. Will be interesting to see how many other games news sites pick the story up - if they start reporting it then it's likely there is strong truth behind it.

Microsoft seem to be hell bent of self destructing at the moment.

Rides
    We'll soon see I guess.

The PC aspect is no biggie, I expect the PS4 demos were being run on PCs too in most cases as these titles are still largely in development. It's the Win 7 and Nvidia card (a card significantly more powerful than what will be in the xbone at that) that I find utterly hilarious!

I suspect it will turn out that this was a picture from a 3rd party dev stand rather than MS, but if it is an MS stand then I shall look forward to their press release explaining it away.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    It's on the internet, of course it's genuine . To be honest, I don't know but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it was genuine. Will be interesting to see how many other games news sites pick the story up - if they start reporting it then it's likely there is strong truth behind it.

Microsoft seem to be hell bent of self destructing at the moment.
    It is genuine,

I've got a mate who works for rock star, He's told me before they do all these development and testing on big ass computers haha. Running effectively a PS3/360 Emulator. I haven't spoken to him in a while but i assume the PS4/Xbox-1 Would be the same

Rides
    The xboxone being £100 more on launch day doesn't bother me, all the ps3 fans paid more than the Xbox 360 on launch day yet no fuss was made then. You get what you pay for

The checking online and always needing an Internet connection issue -
    Fine my 360 and ps3 have been plugged into the wall and upto date the whole 6 years or so I've had them

I've had a ps3 and Xbox 360 both sitting under my tv since the launch day of both consoles, the ps3 is far inferior with its open to everyone free online gaming it ends up full of hackers, kids, idiots, trolls, mic abusers and generally people don't care about there online persona or gamer tag (as they can make a new one) so the whole system is full of idiots
    The 360 with its paid membership subscription, it stings a bit each year to pay the 34£ but the online experience is far greater, MS bans the hackers consoles and gamer tags, it polices txt and voice chat, it polices everything and makes sure the gaming field is as level as possible for everyone playing (all on same software, all on same console update, all running the same hardware)
    This to me is worth paying the money for

As far as lending and reselling games, I must be in the minority but I don't sell any games or lend them out, I have all my games I've ever bought and still like chucking a title from a few years back in the drive and having another shot at it

Moving away from DVD/blue ray discs will be excellent as I can just build up a nice games library on my account and not spinning discs in drives will be quieter and less power consuming.

Downloading an electronic copy of a big new title and saving money on discs and postage will be good, I'd be downloading a 8gb copy of the game pretty rapid with my 120mb broadband
    Probably faster than I could drive to a game store and back