Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Generation Consoles: PS4 & XBOX ONE

Rides
    LOL

I've heard that the new Kinect thing is mightily impressive in terms of how accurate it is at tracking and following multiple people around. Also heard some exciting things that are being worked on for way down the line which will make the Xbox One an essential purchase for me.

For me, the PlayStation had it's heyday with the PS2 - it went seriously downhill afterwards.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by weiner_patrol View Post
    Jeff, the reason the kick back is there is because of the market. PC Games have generally not been traded in, or not traded very often. Most have single use codes etc, so when you've got it, your stuck with it.

The Consoles have never had that allowing you to pretty much do what you want after you buy it.

Rides
    Yep now we have to have an 'experience'.

If I want to experience something I'll go and sit on the bog.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    all this seems very complicated for someone who just wants to shoot stuff, doesnt play online, and doesnt want to interact with their friends whilst the afformentioned shooting is going on,

was the 360 the last console for the casual gamer?
    Everything's moving towards a more in depth, multi user experience now. The days of a spotty young geek sitting in there Y's in-front of a 14" telly blapping away with his joystick all alone are long gone - well in gaming terms they sort of are.
    Sure some will still want to go solo but you have to design in new experiences or no bugger will go "Wooo"

Rides

Rides
    AMAZING Jeff!!

Rides
    Actually laughed out loud at work watching that jif

Rides
    jif my arsehole.... i mean who ever heard of "Jraphics Interchange Format"
    Dudes just being a tool for the sake of it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Jeff, the reason the kick back is there is because of the market. PC Games have generally not been traded in, or not traded very often. Most have single use codes etc, so when you've got it, your stuck with it.

The Consoles have never had that allowing you to pretty much do what you want after you buy it.
    The PC version of games are normally also £10 or more cheaper, i very much doubt we will see the games on the ONE drop to the same level, yet they will still be locked or you will have to buy a pass.

Rides
    Just checked Amazon and they have the pre order of the Xbox one for £600 http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ox%2Caps%2C319 to me that is a shocking price. I was expecting it to be around £400, £450 at most.

Rides
    I think I saw it elsewhere for £399. I wonder if there are multiple versions.

Or more likely everyone is just guessing.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I think I saw it elsewhere for £399. I wonder if there are multiple versions.

Or more likely everyone is just guessing.
    Yea I think they are but still £600 even as a guess is still a bit pricey. £400 seems about right. still roll on E3.

Rides
    I wouldn't pay £600 for one

TBH they're not going to get a look in from me at £400 either. If I didn't have the PC then maybe, but as it is I'll prob be waiting for price drops or the first 'slim' version or similar, then just upgrade my PC anyway

Rides
    The most I'll pay for the console will be 400, anymore and as del said I could build a pretty beafy PC that I could use.

Rides
    I think I am going to buy both. I like having both. ¬.¬

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    jif my arsehole....

dunno how good it would be ... personally I would stick to the good old hydrogen peroxide, its proven and less abrassive

Rides
    When you think about it , its not that much, considering what some spend a month on their mobile phone contracts

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

dunno how good it would be ... personally I would stick to the good old hydrogen peroxide, its proven and less abrassive
    That stings the ring like a hot curry though, Jif is nice and smooth all over the starfish.

As for the console, my brother (who is a games shop manager) is furious about the proposed second hand games changes they are proposing.

Rides
    £600 is eye-watering for a console.

The PS3 was £425 at launch, and really didn't take off until the price tumbled. I know there's been some inflation, but not enough to make the mainstream prepared to stump £600.

I'm assuming the prices are simply guesses. After SONY got a bloody nose from the price of PS3, I can't see the PS4 being anywhere north of £400. If the X BONE is £600 and trying to rely on the TV crap that won't be available here at launch anyway, they're looking at a European disaster.

You would have thought the "success" of Surface in it's price brackets might teach them something...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    £600 is eye-watering for a console.

The PS3 was £425 at launch, and really didn't take off until the price tumbled. I know there's been some inflation, but not enough to make the mainstream prepared to stump £600.

I'm assuming the prices are simply guesses. After SONY got a bloody nose from the price of PS3, I can't see the PS4 being anywhere north of £400. If the X BONE is £600 and trying to rely on the TV crap that won't be available here at launch anyway, they're looking at a European disaster.

You would have thought the "success" of Surface in it's price brackets might teach them something...
    The 360 was £379.99 and stayed around that for about 6-8 months, I won't pay more than £400.