Thread: flutter instead of dump valve noise

Rides

flutter instead of dump valve noise

Hi, I just bolted my hks ssqv4 bak on as fitting a new turbo soon running some high boost so was told it was safer for the turbo than the pigeon mod. Took it for a quick spin and it sounds like its still fluttering more than it is dumping, if at all dumping. Ive had it in the past do both but this sounds like flutter only. I didnt get to test it on high boost so maybe once I do that it will dump more.

Am i right in thinking the dumper has a set psi spring in it that will only open once that psi is met hence the flutter, or should it dump no matter wat psi?

Rides
    your dump valve will dump at a certain PSI depending on how stiff the diaphram or spring is.. mine flutters around the doors up to 3k .. then dumps on fulll chat.

Rides
    If its anything like the original ones, there's an adjustment screw at the back of it, slacken it slightly

Rides
    Even then the dump valve won't in some cases be able to dump all that pressure quick enough to stop it flutter. Especially if you have a front mount and more boost.

Rides
    if its a new one it wont have the adjustment screw.... mine flutters slightly but dumps on full.....nothing to wory about