Thread: Chrysler 300 c

Rides

Chrysler 300 c

Does anyone have one on here or know anyone with one. I want a wagen (estate )
    And was curious to see how they get on with it ?? Looking at a diesel model and
    Hopefully fully loaded. I have driven one and quite like it. And I want be leaving it standard

Rides
    Subscribing to this.

Like an S14 versus E36 BMW, there's no logical reason not to buy a BMW.
    The 300C tickles my winkles, and might be a Nissan replacement sometime, maybe.

Rides
    I'm also keen on these, but I'm looking at petrol with LPG, and prefer the Dodge version, with 5.7V8. Also some amazing looking high spec ones, but economy becomes a problem!

Alex B

Rides
    I was looking to get one of these, but decided against it because the diesel although quite pokey for a big car, the fuel consumption was abysmal, pretty much petrol at 28mpg, engine and drive train are Mercedes, but the inside is a bit too plastic and a little cheap looking, other than the seats which are nice, i was also surprised that the insurance and road tax wasn't as cheap as i expected.

Rides
    test drove on the other day, really lovely cars, very luxurious and feels well screwed together. I love the looks but could not live with the awful gearbox, super sluggish inefficient diesel or the sloppy suspension.

A LPG v8 would be pick of the bunch if you were to consider one

Rides
    keep the rusty datsun or get a BM, I think they are horrid,too many reasons but mainly the reg plate says its 2/3/4/5 year old but everything underneath running gear wise is at least 10 years older tech than the reg date,And they are as ugly as $hit, not my cup of tea at all tbh

Rides
    PPC did a fairly indepth buyers guide on them a few months ago. It seemed to boil down to ... there is only one variant worth looking at and expect a sore bum if you buy one.

October 2012 I think.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 07-01-2013 at 12:00.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrodave View Post
    test drove on the other day, really lovely cars, very luxurious and feels well screwed together.
    Are you sure it was a 300C you were in, I wouldn't describe them as well screwed together or all that luxurious considering the size of them

Rides
    I really like them but wouldn't bother unless it was the Hemi version. With lowered suspension and an aftermarket exhaust the noise and road presence are awesome. Pure modern muscle car stuff. But there's far better diesels on the market.

Is the auto box not a Mercedes unit, ie very good?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    Cheap, nasty, American interior. Awful plastics plenty of annoying buzzers and noises, fairly slow and will drink fuel.

So the plus point is they're cheap...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Cheap, nasty, American interior. Awful plastics plenty of annoying buzzers and noises, fairly slow and will drink fuel.

So the plus point is they're cheap...
    ^^^ I thought they were the plus points

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Are you sure it was a 300C you were in, I wouldn't describe them as well screwed together or all that luxurious considering the size of them
    it was quite a recent model i saw and i was quite impressed with the quality of the fit n finish of the interior. Saying that, i've come from 15 year old datsuns so almost anything is bound to impress me right now

Rides
    there is only one variant worth looking at and expect a sore bum if you buy one
    Is that main dealers bend you over a barrel?,or do they come with an optional extra in the form of a drivers seat strap-on Dild0?

Rides
    Yes it would be a diesel and i have driven the saloon and was avg late 30's and mid 40's which i think is not bad for a tank. I want the estate because of a dog and makes sense really and few other things going on so need the space, they are also not bad for the money. I have looked at the competion and they are all just very plain and boring. I have also thought going down the Hemi route but i really dont have any more space for any other toys (

My partner she will be driving it everyday and will be debating to get rid of the golf cab or keep it for the summer - so depending what happens that might pop up in the for sale section soon.

Any how just thought i would post to see if anyone had one or a family member to see how they where getting on with it. I have always been in to cars that are a bit different and quirky

Rides
    Have you looked at E Class Merc estates ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Have you looked at E Class Merc estates ?
    Hi mate

Yes i have had the 220 280 and 320 Sport editions , so done to death really but understand where your coming from

Rides
    They are different especially the estate version, and have huge road presence,and dare I say like any car a bit of lowering and a set of nice rims and it will look much better if thats what your after,I was a bit harsh about them earlier as not my car at all,but still would like to see one a bit modified as I'm not biased to brands or different tastes
    If you have tried most of the alternatives go for it,its a buyers market atm and this time of year search for a bargain

Rides
    Hi andy.
    Yes mate I just need something practical at the moment as my toys are from practical.
    I will be doing just that wheels and suspension. But will be a daily so want be too low