Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E46 m3

Rides
    Bit of an update,
    car was due an inspection 2, this is the big service which gets the valves clearance's done, gearbox, diff oil spark etc changed, and everything is checked.
    It went to redish motorsport for this. This guy is excellent, takes photos throughout the work done so when you come to move it on you have some back up.
    Pleasingly the car is not a lemon One of the the cleanest on the head he had seen in a while, and subframe all good.
    Only advisorys was an exhaust rubber on the way out but not worth replacing yet, and a weepy ps pipe, again a common issue but not worth changing.
    Whilst there It seemed wrong not to address the brakes as I had them hanging round for quite some time since buying them on the group buy on here
    this is why e46 m3 brakes are plop
    only clamp on one side so dont desipate heat well

the replacements

and in.... 356's beleive it or not, big wheels 19's,

so I'm happy my wallet not
    Last edited by SXRORY; 24-06-2013 at 20:50.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Much better. Glad it's no lemon
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quality Good news about the floor!

I didn't realise the PAS pipe was a common thing, it was mentioned when mie was in for an oil change and I was going to look for a replacement, but maybe not so urgent then

Rides
    He seemed unconcerned and said its not a leak they weep. Looks bad as gunk sticks to it. If it gets worse it will need to be changed he said its fine for now. Just keep an eye on the fluid i would. Parts about 170

Rides
    Those brakes look tiny behind the 19's

What pads did you go for? Have i missed it?

Rides
    Yellow stuffs, had good results with k sports and these on the 200 and not super expensive.
    Your right they don't look that impressive lol but function over form I suppose.

Rides
    Do your ksports still retain the oe abs?

Rides
    Yep. Got no fade at the weekender and its hauling down a fair chunk of weight.

Rides
    Awesome sauce, the ksports seem to represent best value so the 356 kit is the way I'll go. Can still squeeze them under my weds and use them as track wheels

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    bit of an update

rtabs were done as well as front wishbone bushes with powerflex items with a full alignment done, car is now solid as a rock, very happy. broken Springs were replaced with eibach lowering springs 25m front 15 mm rear. Close to standard ride but a bit stiffer.
    I also purchased some harley canubra paste wax off ebay £20 a tub. Heard good reviews. Its so easy to use its unreal slides on like butter and really easy to buff off. cant comment on durability just yet as only slapped some on today.
    this is the stuff

the results and pics of the slight drop. Camera phone is not really picking up how shiny it is and it was getting dark

i also bought some new wheel badges of ebay

unfortunatley these are the only two i have left after the first journey out, bag of shite!
    Been using Harly wax for year, and I love it to bits. For the money, not found anything better yet
    Last edited by gonzomagic; 23-08-2013 at 08:22.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    Been using Harly wax for year, and I love it to bits. For the money, not found anything better yet
    its good is nt it. a pot will last ages i ve not even scratched the suface and used it a few times. suprised its not more popular. it seems the guy on ebay is the only one whos sells it in the uk

Rides
    its good is nt it. a pot will last ages i ve not even scratched the suface and used it a few times. suprised its not more popular. it seems the guy on ebay is the only one whos sells it in the uk
    I think, I have had my tub for 5 yrs and its still 50% full. Appreciate I dont wash/wax my car often, which could explain that lol

I think I paid more for it about 6 years back now too, but only by a few pennies.

I heard good things about it on Car Detailing World when shopping for others, and stuck with it. Dont want to change now.

Rides
    So bit of an update on the E46 Just over a year now
    Well after i sorted the couple of niggles after I first bought it, it has just been put petrol in......phew. The weekender finished off the front tyres so matched up the rears with the f1 asy2's. I think the fronts where toast long before the weekender as the car now feels much better, pleased.
    Insurance came up, and now we ve had it for a year they like me more now, shaved a good amount off, so now costs the same as the sx used to

Cutters had organised a meet in Taunton where a guy who codes beemers came down and did some changes to the car.

He coded in
    M track (csl traction control, lets you have a bit of fun before it cuts in)
    Shift Lights (like smg cars but on a manual)
    CSL warm up lights (rev counter lights dont go out until temps hit 80 degrees normally 60 on a M3
    Better throttle mapping in sport (its quite jerky when getting on the throttle normally so it softens this)
    TV in motion (so I dont miss an episode of strictly darling )
    and some other stuff thats not that interesting, but quite useful.

So its going ok pleased noise paranoia has really settled down I've accpeted that it sounds like a bag of spanners when they first start up, the drive train clonks and they all tick tick tick under 3k (listened to a few now)

After a year my only thoughts are its almost too good. For it to feel exciting your really flying (8k in 3rd your touching 100), seems like there is so much grip. So am I having more fun than in the 200? hmmmmmm.......probably not...... anyway got to go there's something on the tele

Rides
    After a year my only thoughts are its almost too good. For it to feel exciting your really flying (8k in 3rd your touching 100), seems like there is so much grip. So am I having more fun than in the 200? hmmmmmm....... anyway got to go there's something on the tele
    My predicament exactly. Great cars, but I feel far more at home in the 180 now than I ever did in the M3 in hindsight.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    My predicament exactly. Great cars, but I feel far more at home in the 180 now than I ever did in the M3 in hindsight.
    I'm thinking about getting a scorpion back box, I reckon some more noise would help it feel more fun at "normal" speeds. Don't get me wrong the car still ticks most boxes for me just that "thing" i suppose

Rides
    One of these is still on my list for next year, Insurance prices have dropped by nearly 2k since turning 23

Rides
    Sooooooo the good news is the wife is 5 month pregnant.

We discussed it and we are keeping the m3 as our only car. My concern is the novelty of 3 doors will probably wear off quickly. However if the sums work and we don't know any different .....well we will see.....the jury is well and truly out on this one.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamie_ View Post
    One of these is still on my list for next year, Insurance prices have dropped by nearly 2k since turning 23
    Fed up with the Renault breaking down

Rides
    Sooooooo the good news is the wife is 5 month pregnant.

We discussed it and we are keeping the m3 as our only car. My concern is the novelty of 3 doors will probably wear off quickly. However if the sums work and we don't know any different .....well we will see.....the jury is well and truly out on this one.
    Firstly congratulations

Secondly we have 2 kids now (3 and coming up to 6 months) and its easy enough to get them in and out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Firstly congratulations

Secondly we have 2 kids now (3 and coming up to 6 months) and its easy enough to get them in and out
    Thanks Mel chuffed but a bit nervous at the arrival!

I bought it as its pretty big and there was baby talk. The do everything car.
    The big suprise was after the initial slagging off BMW drivers from the wife when I was looking at them, She has really taken to it and likes the car.
    Plus the money I've spent to get it niggle free! Means silly to sell it and someone else has all the fun.