Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E46 m3

Rides
    Failed MOT on a ball Joint. It needs a lower whole control arm as the ball joint comes mounted on it. So not best pleased as its not cheap, nothing is on these .

then I gave her the annual clay bar treatment, polish and a wax and it was alright again.

Here is a black car in the 5 minute window when they actually look good before they look dirty again.

Was at my sisters house and the sun came out, safe to say its better backdrop than my 3 bed terrace .
    they are phone pics so not the best but they will do

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Congrats mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    thanks Chris
    dont know what happened to these pics last night but they did not work they do now
    Last edited by SXRORY; 24-03-2014 at 20:02.

Rides
    I wish I had your dedication, that looks mint. This is mine right now:

Oh and congrats

Rides
    Thanks Chavbo

I'm no anal detailer it gets this treatment once a year and then for an event or show I ll put some effort in. Does make it easier to clean with the wax on there though.
    There a lot to be said for a clean car but a proper filthy one looks good too, its the bit in the middle I cant deal with.

Rides
    Sooooo probably should not be buying stuff like this with kiddywink only 2 weeks away but you only live once. I 've wanted this kit for a while , these came up and have not not gone very far and are in good condition.
    My own dampers I suspect are past there best
    The guy I got them from wanted adjustable...... After my great expeirience with nismo s tunes I do not! I 'll let some guru do it.
    They are bilstein b6's to which are tuned for my eibach springs which make a b12.kit. can't wait to get them fitted. Oosh
    Last edited by SXRORY; 03-07-2014 at 19:23.

Rides
    so this new mod has slowed my beast right down .....just does not have any poke any more when ever she is near it
    iola Jones is 2 weeks old. Suddenly cars don't seem that important..........

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    so this new mod has slowed my beast right down .....just does not have any poke any more when ever she is near it
    iola Jones is 2 weeks old. Suddenly cars don't seem that important..........
    Huh? She seems into cars..

.. got some sponsors on her overalls, looking at the hands she's obviously visualizing turning through Eau Rouge...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Congrats mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    Huh? She seems into cars..

.. got some sponsors on her overalls, looking at the hands she's obviously visualizing turning through Eau Rouge...
    Funny you should say that it is a nomex romper suit

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Congrats mate
    Thanks Chris

Rides
    Congrats.

My girl is 1 now, she'll grow and change before your very eyes.

Time passes too quick.

But when at 9 kg you can buy them a Recaro Young Sport.

Rides
    Congrats Rory

You'll want something like this for the motor - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B...ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Rides
    Bit of an update

so I have had a bit of fustrating time with the M where one thing after another happened all at once. I felt it was cursed.

I was cleaning the inside of the car getting ready to drive to scotland. What i had not noticed that my shorts had lost a popper on the arse and all that was left was a sharp bit of metal. This bit of metal scratched up my seats. Not one but both. Really pissed off, a going over with the glipton stuff made it look better but clear scuffing on the seats

I then went to hit some balls up the range a hot day got back in the car and looked at my mirror and was confronted with this. Cant see fook all out of it

the auto dimming mirror goosed. Not happy, i ask myself does a car need a auto dimming mirror? no it does nt

couple of days later getting out of the car to put it in the garage and I hear this.

alternator goosed (went recon BMW wanted £600 lol)

needed it fixed quickly as taking the wife and babs to scotland for a week so took to my garage I use for stuff.

this was however a good excuse for them to throw the bilstien suspension on I wanted to do it with my bro in law but this baby lark takes up your time. Whilst it was there made sense.

Whilst it was in the garage I sourced a fix for the mirror. A guy sells replacement glass. Just need to take it apart and small bit of solder. He advised me to get the mirror out of the car as it could leak. I could not get it out of the car it was in the garage....I thought it was only a couple of days be alright....... It wasn't. The stuff that is in there is corrosiveIf you have a bmw with one of these in and it bubbles get it out of the car! I was lucky it did only catch the trim and the casing of the mirror it could of been worse.

where it dripped out the case it melted the covering on the plastic

new trim bought, I can live with the mirror case. Now fixed with the new dimming glass

I then came back from holiday and had a NIP to greet me speeding on a dualer, bang to rights as i always go quick down there. quite pleased they only got me at 80 phew.

Its not all bad
    On a positive note the bilstien suspension with the eilbach springs, B12 kit is great. I am now soaking bumps up going down my road the tarmac is broken and the ashtray used to vibrate. It doesn't anymore. The suspension is firm but flows well not crashy as it was before. I would compare it to S tune kit I had on the 200. A sporty ride but something you can chuck down a b road. It actually sits a bit higher than OEM with lowering springs on, but thats ok with me form over function. Speed humps and welsh roads no problem Heres what it looks like

oh I need a new viscous fan clutch too.... its stuck on. PLOP lol

Rides
    That's a shocking run. Leaking mirrors? How you supposed to predict that ffs?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    That's a shocking run. Leaking mirrors? How you supposed to predict that ffs?
    Ill be honest I thought the geezer was being a bit melodramatic when he emailed me "get it out the car now" Seems it wasn't lol.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I've heard sx's are cheap to run just saying

Rides
    Saw you post up about the mirror on cutters but didnt realise it had actually done damage

Thats quite a bad run of bits there. Does the suspension feel less boiuncy now with the bilstein shocks? Im finding the springs are too bouncy on standard shocks to be completely trusting on b-roads.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I've heard sx's are cheap to run just saying
    I made my bed I have to lie in it I know that. Lol

I do feel I need to say the sx was very reliable but that was after I'd changed a lot of the major components for new: triggers broom. Other on here are not quite so lucky

What it would not of done is transport me, golf clubs, wife , baby, pram, moses basket and clothing and food for a week to Scotland.
    It also did 430 miles to a tank amazing really and was really comfortable. It's the right car for me at this time. It can do it all.

Mel it's loads better than it was on the springs . I too felt it was bouncy on the eilbachs and had no composure when the going gets rough. I hadlots of nvh as well.
    I still have to watch out for big stuff pot holes etc as it will thump through the car with this kit.
    round town it's loads better soaking up the broken roads. The plan was to smash it round coombe at the action day but that's not going to happen now. In the small amount of time I have driven in anger I'm a lot happier and have more confidence in it. It feels like its sorted handling car now. I'm no suspension guru though or the stig, if you were closer you could drive it bud.
    Last edited by SXRORY; 04-09-2014 at 09:47.

Rides
    A holiday could be due, give us chance to compare dicks, sorry, brakes