Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another dissapointed adrian flux customer

Rides

Another dissapointed adrian flux customer

The root cause of my problem stems from Adrian Flux's frankly greedy change in policy to renewing policies without the customer requesting so, as per my previous years with them.

Nevertheless, Adrian Flux have made no attempt to retain a customer of four years. Whatsmore it seems that their prices are no longer as competetive as Sky Insurance.

I would encourage any folk registered with driftworks to give Sky a chance. You may save substantially, even mid policy.

Moan Over,

Alex.

Rides
    Woops, spelt the title wrong!

Rides
    Why registered with driftworks? being on here is just as good .

Rides
    Yeah I'm sure they give a discount for both clubs.

Anyways AF used to be cool about sorting problems quickly, that no longer seems to be the case.

Rides
    Try greenlight insurance blew away sky/flux on there prices.

Rides
    Thank you mate, that helps!

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

Please feel free to PM me your reference number if you would like me to look into this for you.

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    The root cause of my problem stems from Adrian Flux's frankly greedy change in policy to renewing policies without the customer requesting so, as per my previous years with them.

Nevertheless, Adrian Flux have made no attempt to retain a customer of four years. Whatsmore it seems that their prices are no longer as competetive as Sky Insurance.

I would encourage any folk registered with driftworks to give Sky a chance. You may save substantially, even mid policy.

Moan Over,

Alex.

Rides
    AF have always matched any price I have had elsewhere.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jon200 View Post
    AF have always matched any price I have had elsewhere.
    But where is the incentive to buy a service from a provider that will only match a lower price from another provider, when the other provider has clearly given a better price to start with.

Flux brought my policy down by £20 this year, Sky by over £100. Flux told me that was the best price they could do, I got my price at Sky and Flux said 'Oh well we can match that'. How? 10 minutes ago you couldn't go lower.....

There are no points for insurance loyalty anymore unfortunately.

Rides
    With you on that.

There's no customer loyalty it gets me worked up.

It's a competition to get your custom. And what with the intro getting quotes couldn't be easier. So why do they still feel the need to mug people in broad day light and then match another insurer. Why not give the best price from the outset.

Rides
    Internet*

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    But where is the incentive to buy a service from a provider that will only match a lower price from another provider, when the other provider has clearly given a better price to start with.

Flux brought my policy down by £20 this year, Sky by over £100. Flux told me that was the best price they could do, I got my price at Sky and Flux said 'Oh well we can match that'. How? 10 minutes ago you couldn't go lower.....

Exactly what happened with mine, they told me they simple couldn't go any lower with the price they quoted end of! one call to another company went back to flux they matched it to the tune of nearly £250 without even asking who the other quote was from.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Surprising really isn't it - because customers are just like SO LOYAL

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Lol at this Arry, but so true!!

Rides
    If a company that I am with already will match another's price that I'm happy with then where's the problem. It saved reeling off the list of insured modifications. If companies kept matching each other we'd all be paying nothing for insurance eventually. I am not sticking up for AF just purely stating that they gave me a price I was happy with that's all.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    Exactly what happened with mine, they told me they simple couldn't go any lower with the price they quoted end of! one call to another company went back to flux they matched it to the tune of nearly £250 without even asking who the other quote was from.
    Perhaps they could not go lower at that point as they are only the broker and that maybe as low as the insurer would go, but once they had proof of lower quote they could go back to teh insurance company and ask for more?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Perhaps they could not go lower at that point as they are only the broker and that maybe as low as the insurer would go, but once they had proof of lower quote they could go back to teh insurance company and ask for more?
    I don't recall the person going away and checking I'm sure it was a flat " no can't do anything on the price" 5 mins later I was back on telling them the quote I'd had from another insurer.

So either they had all the info on screen and decided not to attempt to lower the price or they couldn't bothered to check, was then told very quickly they would match it

Either way I saved £250 which they said they couldn't do anything at all

Rides
    If my insurance company continously looked after me year on year, didn't assure me they couldn't go cheaper and then matched a cheaper price without question, then I'd be loyal myself.

Rides
    The thing is, given the average cost of car insurance, customers just can't afford to be loyal. There are some things and people in life you can be loyal to even if it's cheaper/easier elsewhere, but when you're talking £100s for a service most don't even use, it's tough. And those that are loyal generally just end up paying way over the odds - there are 8 million auto-renewers from 30 million drivers think of all that extra wasted cash!

I'm loyal to O2, mostly because the signal and reliability is good - but do they reward me anymore? Do they hell. But it's bearable to accept this loyalty as it's a few quid extra a month, even though I know I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

Rides
    I'd be loyal to a company if they gave me their lowest price. Sky gave me £1200 for my renewal, wen to flux as they were 800. Then Greenlight quoted me under 600. Flux then came down to match the price. Next year i'll probably be with greenlight and if they are as good as I think they are, i'll be sticking.