Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: JZS14 Silvia

Rides
    excited for saturday! first drift day in over a year! can't wait, especially with the new engine and 4.3 diff, should be interesting, and of course everything else, geomasters, cage etc

will be like learning to drit all over again haha

got tired of the spaghetti mess laying around behind the slam pannel, bought a mini fuse box from ebay, i now have both HID's coming from this, the revotec and also the power for the second fan relay

also added in another relay bridged across the revotec going to the same switch feed wire as the second fan,

that way the swith on the dash turns on both fans at once now as there was no point in having it just control one of them only

tucked the igniter up by the wiper motor

and added a 3" black air filter with a 90 degree reducer

next i moved onto the amp in the back, it was thrown together to make sure it all worked/sounded good, so now was time for wire tucking/cutting to the correct size

before

after

although now i'm getting noise through the speakers that matches the engine, i think my phono cables are touching a power cable somewhere, also it doesn't help the amp casing being screwed to the chassis metal, i'll fix it later

also wired in an led flasher so i know when the revotec switches on the fan, it sits on the dash next to the gauge

skid bumper ready for sat, chopped alot out the back to fit around the i/c core, also chopped out the number plate hole, just doesn't show in this pic

cleaned it and met jordan who owns my old green s14, he's done alot of work to the car and it looks really different now!

my favourite pic:

Rides
    Already liked this on instagram!
    Great work dude...love this kouki!
    Still not a fan of the sideskirts, too big for my liking!

Rides
    Hawt!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Mac View Post

Perfection in the shape of an sbody!

Rides
    This is the perfect look as far as im concerned!

Rides
    wow thank you for the nice comments guys

hopefully it'll make a feature somewhere, I want to try banzai

alarm set for 5 hours to get up and head to crail for a private oval practice day with another 5 guys can't wait!!!!!!!

DRIFTZZZZ HERE I COME!

Rides
    paid my final payment for the final boss drift weekender in july, that should be amazing

so with crail private oval drift day coming up i loaded the car up with as many wheels as i could, got 4 inside and 2 in the boot, think i was lucky as the 4 inside were 40 profile tyres

also for the first time had all my skid rims in the one place

arrived at crail, whipped off the bonnet as it was a roasting day, emptied the car and threw on 2 skid rims on the back, helmet on then it was time for my first drift run in over a year!

what a smoke machine!

after about 5-10 minutes of unsteady unconfident sliding i feel i have finally got the hang of it, the car is very different to any normnal s14 i've drifted, the grip level is insane, the transitions are able to snap your neck if you're not ready, the chassis is so flat/planted

the geomaster hubs are an epic piece of kit, they really do as they say, deliver massive grip levels and offer huge lock

currently i only have this short video, my mate was chasing with a go pro on his mx5 bonnet, they are uploading all the footage to a new fb page for car media

like the page cabrabros to support them if you want!

https://www.facebook.com/CabraBros

so here's a quick vid of how the car was

http://youtu.be/QQ1yVsN2rlU

was pushing very hard throughout the day and was going too fast on one corner which led to this

luckily no damage, just stuck in the mud haha, that was exactly how i'd stopped, i had managed to scrub off all my speed just before i ran out of tarmac so it was just a little dip into the puddle, thankfully no bend chassis rails etc either

was getting close to stevie with his s14, or what at least felt close haha, we were taking turns at chasing each other, so much fun!

then my power steering went heavy so i pulled off track instantly only to find my fan belt had broke up

so this is how i made it home as i couldn't get a new belt locally since it was late saturday afternoon

the monday morning i'd had a closer look, found the fan belt tensioner's bearing has play and is noisey, it looks like it's had a bit of slack and the belt has ran through it cutting a groove in the belt which led to it snapping

threw on my spare tensioner with a new belt and it's all fixed now

all in all i got pretty lucky as that belt does the water pump, could have been 100x worse and burst the head gasket, the car's temps when drifting didn't really go much over 108 degreese, which was great as that's with water wetter, ran really good the whole day so i'm happy with the testing,

bring on the next drift day for more mad fun all the hard work paid off and i'm finally relieved!

oh also, i'm waiting on mike/graeme to upload more footage/pics, especially the chase cam footage

Rides
    so with massive thanks to michael and graeme from cabra bro's the footage and pics are up

there is a cool video here to watch with some footage of my car

from CabraBros on Vimeo.

and some pics/screen shots from the video

silly wheel angle from the geomasters/front setup

chasing down stevie while the exhaust shoots a flame

Rides
    Dude I'm not one for bumming people's cars but your car is truly bad ass
    Great build

Rides
    ^^^^^ thanks

booked a driftland day for friday the 27th, we get 4 hours on the track so i'm very keen to get to drive it

can't wait!!

i have been doing some maintenance and cleaning on the car lately

washed off the mud on the underneath

then went for a run to dry it off since it was a roasting dry day

i've done a few other small jobs, new front tyres, went for dunlops this time, if they don't perform well enough i'll be onto either 595 RSR's or r888's next

also for some reason the front wheel on the driver side has now started making contact with the coilover, i have a feeling the 1mm or clearance i had before has been taken up now the spring has settled

so i've bought some 6mm hubcentric spacers and will be lowering the car a little more

also threw in a new rear wheel bearing from camskill as the last one was noisey

the old one

then my spacers arrived, 6mm hubcentric's

applied copper grease on both sides

also gaining me a good bit of clearance from the springs now

lowered the car half an inch again, the ride height is perfect now,

Rides
    Looks goood Jonny . Where did you get the wheel spacers from?

Rides
    Looks good indeed, i would space the fronts and back out more personally...

Rides
    thanks, i think too however there isn't enough clearance for more spacers, the front arches need a roll now if I want more spacers

plus then i'll start the front wheel touching parts inside the arch with the lock which I don't need

stu the wheel spacers came from ebay, they were £50 iirc

Rides
    so, friday was amazing!

started off with an early 6am start and a long drive to driftland

arrived nice and early

signed on, car was noise checked and then i removed the bonnet/bumper (helps keep it cool) also swapped on skid wheels and done a few other things

behind john and his s15 that i'd converted to an sr20det earlier this year, we were first up

then it was time to go!

boom instant problems, car wouldn't go anywhere in 3rd gear, kept rev limiting at around 3-4k rpm and holding back

fuel cut for some reason had suddenly gotten worse

the whole day was spent fighting the car to stop it gripping in third and keep sliding

eventually i screwed the manual boost controller to basically fully off which gave me only actuator pressure on the turbos

it was a crappy 0.6-.7 bar which came in late so it was a bit of a challenge with the ammount of grip given from the geomaster hubs

never the less the day was epic!

(looks like tyre is sparking at bottom)

the car really did well given the circumstances with power delivery

driftland is a seriously grippy track with having fresh tar down, it's such an amazing place though!!

near the end of the day i was managing to hold it pinned in 3rd from the bottom corner and manji all the way along the straight wall section and throw it into the big corner with a change down to second mid way through in an attempt to keep some sort of power down!

it was an epic feeling when you nailed a run!

later on in the day i had been making efforts to chase john

all in all, an epic day! we are doing it again soon as a private day for 4 hours gave us so much seat time which is exactly what i wanted

thanks to cabrabro's michael and graeme, there is a video to watch which shows some great clips!

also a thanks to ross (tfrenegade photography) and martin!

from CabraBros on Vimeo.

s
    Last edited by Jonny Mac; 29-06-2014 at 18:49.

Rides
    raging is an understatement

that boost cut controller I've waited a month for from the states.....died after about 30 seconds when I had it rigged up on the bench for setting the voltage

final boss coming up in 2 days

either will fit my spare hks fcd if it'll work as it's a 5 wire, don't know if that suits the jz ecu since it runs a map sensor

or make a restrictor gasket for the exhaust like the 2jz supra's get......

also have diff oil to change, sun strip to fit, new tyres to fit up front, gearbox oil to check and a few other things

100 mph with literarly no spare time!!! AHHHHh

Rides
    Amazing build thread!

Hope you get the car sorted for the weekend.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks awesome, I'm borrowing a couple pics for the sxoc Facebook if thats cool.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Unlucky with the intercooler issue yesterday, good to see you got back on again, car was going well!

Rides
    no problem chris, was a nice surprise seeing it in my news feed

Quote Originally Posted by Garage12 View Post
    Unlucky with the intercooler issue yesterday, good to see you got back on again, car was going well!
    thanks dude, you should have came and said hello! I was a bit stressed on Saturday to be fair trying to sort out another intercooler but kyle sorted me out!

I have an update coming! uploading the pics just now, went to finalboss, done skids, had fun!

roll on finalboss 2015!

Rides
    i did say hello haha, mind i said i was garage12 on the forums with the rb14a, and big gary asked if i could source you an intercooler, i would have gave you mines but my car is in SWR and they were closed,

you will be glad you got up and running again and the weekend wasnt cut short eh?