Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help 15psi stable with no boost controler

Rides

help 15psi stable with no boost controler

right i fitted a boost gauge today and found that it's hold 15psi with no problem i have 444incjectors turbo back stage 2 chip pod filter and thats it the actuator id black not gold by the way is this right ?

Rides
    actuator could be set @ a bar is it adjustable?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    actuator could be set @ a bar is it adjustable?
    noit's but it's not the original on ithought mine had problems so got a used one from a scrap yard

Rides
    T28 or other turbo with rotated core?

It moves the actuator to an angle, that should require a longer rod. Without a longer rod it's like a shorter rod and will increase base boost setting.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    T28 or other turbo with rotated core?

It moves the actuator to an angle, that should require a longer rod. Without a longer rod it's like a shorter rod and will increase base boost setting.
    dont think so it looks stock right now i'm about to to it off and fit a t28 with a t3 flange (yes i have all the right bit's) thats why i fitted the gauge and whent out and got a hks controller

Rides
    You shouldn't be using 444 injectors with a stage 2 chip, you'll be overfuelling like mad and it'll run like a sack of shit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    You shouldn't be using 444 injectors with a stage 2 chip, you'll be overfuelling like mad and it'll run like a sack of shit.
    Well spotted, I got to 444cc injectors and thought stage 3, that demands T28.

T25 with stage 2 chip and 444cc injectors is quite simply wrong and utterly pointless. But with that much overfuel it shouldn't be running well enough to make 15psi.

Rides
    Please don't jump on the stage 2 and 3 need a t28 as that's not true. Just had a custom stage 3 map done by jez at horshams with 444cc injectors, z32 airflow and t25 and got 320 bhp running 1.5bar. Engines forged so if I want more power then I'll need a bigger turbo and bigger injectors but it spools up so quick that I wouldn't swap instant power for more power and lag.

Rides
    You couldn't be more wrong.

When it's a custom chip there's nothing about 'stage' about it, it's custom written for your spec.

A chip is written for a particular engine spec, running anything other than that spec with the chip is going to make it run like crap, worse still damage the engine.
    Using 444 injectors with map thats written for 370's is a recipe for bore wash.

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Millbank View Post
    Please don't jump on the stage 2 and 3 need a t28 as that's not true. Just had a custom stage 3 map done by jez at horshams with 444cc injectors, z32 airflow and t25 and got 320 bhp running 1.5bar. Engines forged so if I want more power then I'll need a bigger turbo and bigger injectors but it spools up so quick that I wouldn't swap instant power for more power and lag.
    Yeah, sure.

1.5bar on a T25 ? 320 HP ? Have you ever seen a T25 flow map ? It would be a miracle if it could give even 280HP ... does not matter anyway, it will die anytime now.

edit:
    just found this, speaks for itself. On the left is the pressure ratio, it is absolute so 1.5bar boost is 2.5bar pressure ratio. See what part of the map crosses the 2.5b pressure ratio line ? NONE. At that pressure the turbo spins at about 200.000rpm, which is around 20.000 more than its maximum, when brand new ... and its efficiency ratio should be around 60%. Basically you are just throwing hot air at your engine; forged pistons wont prevent your engine from melting... It is a stronger against DET, but thats about it. Jez mapped a T25 at 1.5Bar ? Seriously ? I find it hard to believe ...

Last edited by croustibat; 08-12-2012 at 22:31.

Rides
    A guy up here put 444cc's on when they weren't supported and washed the bores months later.

Rides
    Sounds like you no your stuff lmao

Rides
    I don't think Jez would put a std S13 T25 on an engine and map it to 1.5 Bar, it wouldn't last very long at all.

Surely it's an exotic hybrid to be making 320BHP?

Rides
    Believe what you like. It was done last Monday. T25 with t28 compressor wheel. I don't like being called a liar either. 'Am not some moron with a 200 that knows nothing about mechanics. I built this car and was very surprised with the results as I was expecting no more than 270 bhp. Jez mapped it on Monday and pushed the turbo to the point that if you threw more boost at it there were no more gains to be had then backed it off a bit. Saw 311 bhp when the car was hot and 320 when it was cooler.

Last edited by Millbank; 09-12-2012 at 15:01.

Rides
    Your right I shouldn't make the mistake of saying stage 3 as a custom map is nothing like a stage 3 chip. Was just tring to say that as much as people say you need this and that for stage 1, 2 and 3 it all depends on what condition those parts are in as well. Just because you bolt on some 444cc injectors it doesn't mean they are pushing the right fuelling.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by redsx94! View Post
    Sounds like you no your stuff lmao
    Thanks. You know me then do you?

Rides
    Thanks. You know me then do you?
    i think ul find its just a saying dude doesnt literally mean he knows you!
    Also a t25 with a t28 comp wheel isnt technically speaking a t25 is it?

its basically a t28 with a t25 compressor housing as if im right in saying a t25/t28 exhaust housing is the same?? quote me if im wrong!

and i dnt see anyone stating your a sxxt mechanic dude there are many extremely knowledgable people on here and some that know the ca18 and turbo capabilities like the back of their hand!

Rides
    I never claimed to be a mechanic or know it all. I may have jumped the gun when I said about mine being a standard t25. I apologise for the mistake. Thought that the compressor wheel would not make a huge difference as its in the 25 compressor housing. I know quite a lot about ca's but am far from a guru as his proves. I'll wind my neck in and carry on with my life hopefully not cocking things up.... Lol
    Sorry guys

Rides
    what i meant was no-one stated you know nowt about mechanics dude my bad!

Having the 25 comp housing will give you a faster spool, basically as mentioned "a hybrid"?

I think if you stated the specs of the tubby in the 1st post it would of saved the confusion but nevermind.

Your car looks sweet aswell dude you got any more pics?? stick them up in the show us your s13 thread!

Banned
    Rides
    It still wont last long at 1.5bar though ... a T28 starts becoming unreliable past 1.2bar. Yours is a hybrid, so should not go higher either.

Fact is, if you want you turbo last a little bit, lower the boost to 1~1.1bar ... yes it will be less enjoyable. but there is no joy in breaking a turbo either.