Thread: fitting fmic piping help

Rides

fitting fmic piping help

hi, i have to customise my fmic piping as some spanner has just put it straight through the front subframe, which apparently has weakend the strength of the front of the car as it says on the failed m.o.t certificate. i have had the subframe welded up and made some piping that runs down to the battery trey. anybody know what i can use to cut a hole in the battery trey? as using a drill just isnt working and doesnt look to pretty :/ and also what do i need to do to relocate the battery? any help would be great thanks.

Rides
    Relocate the battery, either that or go for a smaller battery. I run the tiny little mx5 battery in mine to make room for the FMIC pipe work...

Dragged this up off another forum to save writing it:

"Get power cable (black) from a car audio place like Parts-Express.com or similar. eBay can also have great deals on bulk wire. Go with 4 gauge at least, many people will say 2 gauge (more expensive and harder to find terminals for) or 0/1 gauge (more expensive but easy to find terminals for).

You will need about 2 feet for the ground wire and about 12 feet for the power wire (but buying extra is advised).

Get a dry cell battery and don't bother with a battery box. Move the stock battery tray to the trunk and mount with that.
    No need for relays or fuses.

Get two battery terminals, a ground terminal, and some sort of connector for up in the engine bay. You will have the thick (4 gauge?) starter wire and two (10 gauge?) white wires to connect up front in the engine bay. Keep that in mind when you consider your method of connection up front. You can do a simple butt connector or go fancy with a distribution block. Time to be creative.
    Don't forget a grommet for the firewall if you plan on going through it.

That's basically how I did mine (except mine was way more complicated with amplifiers, capacitor, external cut-off switch, relay to disconnect the alternator and whatnot).

There are many other ways to do it, but that's how I did it and that's how I'd do it again. I'm sure others will have other advise and experiences for you. Happy relocating! =]"

Rides
    or just get a smaller battery from a micra or similar. A Halfords 054 i think is the right one! And get a decent holesaw for a drill or just use a grinder and cut a neat square just remember to treat the edges so it don't rust!

Or as above relocate battery if your in a position to ie- funds etc

Rides
    thanks for ur help guys. one more thing because i have had to make the piping myself i do not have a stalkcoming off of piping for idle control valve. can i blank off the hose or does it need to go in to intercooler piping?

Rides
    that stalk feeds the Idle control, cold start and ICCS/acc i believe so would need connecting! I believe anyway.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    that stalk feeds the Idle control, cold start and ICCS/acc i believe so would need connecting! I believe anyway.
    It is needed. Add a take off.