Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just drowned the Peugeot family car :(

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    Wait for a dry spell and punt it on mate, amazed it's running with no immediate issues though.

It wont have got away scot free
    I am amazed too, I do have an anti polution fault though but think that will clear when the exhaust has warmed/dried out a but. I still cant beleive it ticks over as quiet as it did before! I dont want to get rid of it really, It been such a good car. Hopefully it will see the winter out and then maybe look at getting rid. Will have a second nipper by then too so will have to get a Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    Years ago I accidentally drove my Lancer into the sea. Did well not to lose it. Sold it on - to my brother.

Got to see it sail through MOTs year after year while I got stung for all sorts with whatever car I had..

How the hell do you drive into the sea!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jon200 View Post
    How the hell do you drive into the sea!
    Couple of buddies in the car, nighttime. Stop to roll and smoke. Meanwhile tide creeps in...

Pull away, into 3rd, straight into the surf, wave comes through the sunroof, everyone soaked.

Didn't cut out, coped with the wet sand, slewed out.

"it's still lit!" "yeah? Cool".

EXIT (steaming and spluttering...)

Rides
    you just made me chuckle lol.

Rides
    PSA Diesel engines FTW

Hopefully I'll be OK in my MR2, what with the intake being high up and right at the back

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    To make sure this cannot happen to the micra i have reverted back to the "FULL RACE" set up

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That will have rods like a banana Lots of cars these days have air intake scoops that are stupidly low, normally in the front bumper
    A colleague almost wrote off a 1.8 petrol C-Max by driving it through a Ford a few years back.

He drove though that Ford a couple of times every week for 2 years and not a problem. This time. Dunk....chug chug dead. 1200 quid later and it lived again but was never the same. Luckily it was a lease car so he wasn't that bothered

Air intake right at the bottom of the bumper

Rides
    I have changed the oil and filter, New air filter and cleaned out the air outlet from the turbo (lowest point) but there was no water in it. I have driven it for 5 mins or so once warmed up and it drives ok but the clutch pedal vibrates and the frequency increases with speed. As soon as the pedal is pressed it stops. Any ideas?

Rides
    Dmf? Or bent rods and banana crank vibrating through the clutch?

Rides
    Had a car in recently that had been through a puddle a couple of months earlier, seemed to be ok for a couple of months, then one day something let go and the conrod punched a nice big hole in the block and sump.

If the car is worth anything I'd look to an insurance job, new engine usually.

If it's not worth an insurance claim, I'd get rid and find another car.

Rides
    The smart move is to sit on it for a couple of weeks and then flog it immediately.
    Don't dive it, don't make it worse.

Rides
    I drowned my jeep last year twice in the same day. After i removed the water it ran and drove fine and i thought i got away with it. However after about 1 hour on the motorway as i pulled in to the fast lane one of the rods decided to exit through both sides of the block and sump

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Dmf? Or bent rods and banana crank vibrating through the clutch?
    It's not got a DMF, or so I'm told. There is a small possibility though that it might.

The vibration also goes if I let off the throttle and coast. I am going to get a quick compression test done, hopefully this week and go from there. I don't have any money to get a different car at the moment really. A 100k engine is only) £250 notes

I get white smoke for a minute if so when it's cold, just been on the motorway for an hour so hopefully it's condensation and not smoke?
    Last edited by jon200; 24-11-2012 at 14:44.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Hopefully I'll be OK in my MR2, what with the intake being high up and right at the back
    My Mk1 MR2 had an amazing wading depth in standing water but with no nose weight the front just followed the current in flowing water. Which ended up with me on the wrong side of the road holding up oncoming traffic once.

Rides
    Well it's still going but very smokey and hard to start in cold weather. Uses no oil though so must be diesel smoke! Mpg is the same as it was too. I keep meaning to get a garage to compression test it but never get round to it. It starts within a few turns when the weather is warmer.

Rides
    My best mate went through a ford on his DRZ400, the depth gauge at the side said it wasn't that deep, so went for it, only to find himself chest-high with water and the bike submerged. After getting it home on a recovery truck, he pumped out a massive amount of water from the cylinder, and it's been fine ever since!
    Last edited by Slamz; 12-02-2013 at 10:00.

Rides
    You've probably bent a valve, exhaust valve probably.
    It's no closing properly so unburnt diesel is being thrown out the exhaust.

Might be getting worse as you're slowly burning the valve seat out.

If it still runs get it stonking hot and get down to a car showroom, buy something and trade the ****er in.
    Otherwise you'll be left with a ****ed engine and a repair bill that more than the car is worth.

Rides
    I remember wondering how deep 3 foot was on the indicator for a ford. Obviously I thought in my brand new company car it was worth seeing!

As I drove in and water started to lap over the bonnet, the radio cut out, the car started to float, and there was silence! I thought "oh bollocks" to then stab the throttle to find the engine still running! After 20 minutes on full throttle and reverse I made it back to dry land

The VW Bora wouldnt rev past 3000rpm, but repeated use of the Italian tuning method for around 6000 miles and all was well

Rides
    This is how its done

Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I at least expected that image to have the water lapping at the windscreen Snorkle not even being used

Rides

No snorkel, no lights afterwards either thanks to the ice