Thread: Fuel pump (standard) with map

Rides

Fuel pump (standard) with map

Hello all

I've just got my ecu back (now stage 1a)

The car for the time being is just sat in the garage and pulled out to work on.

Thought I would check that it's ok to ru the standard pump with this map for the time being. Like I say it's not going on a drive just pulled in and out of the garage.

Thought I'd check before I put the ecu in and check it works

Cheers

Rides
    It will run but i wouldn't want to go on boost at all.

I have a mint Walbro pump sitting here if your intrested mate £40 delivered

Rides
    you would be fine on boost mate, i will fuel it ok but the pump might shit itself sooner or later at a bar

Rides
    Yeah will be fine for the short term, the stock pumps are known to just give up once more load is placed on them.

After reading that below best edit this to clarify lol

Will be fine for pulling it in an out of the garage and a few trips here and there driving off boost and taking it easy.

They are very fickle things the stock 200sx pumps, once you start to modify just swap them out as a precaution regardless of anything else.

Ass covering exercise complete, nothing else to see here lol
    Last edited by VIDAL BABBOON; 16-11-2012 at 19:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mclean View Post
    you would be fine on boost mate, i will fuel it ok but the pump might shit itself sooner or later at a bar
    That's an ambitious statement to make. If it can't supply enough fuel his engine will melt, a tired old standard fuel pump is unlikely to be able to supply enough fuel, a brand new standard fuel pump probably can't.

Rides
    thats why i said it will fuel ok,not great. I wouldnt give it to much shit tho as there is a chance it might melt something

Rides
    Lol, thanks for the replys I'll give it ago then.

I'll let you know about the pump too. Not massively rushed for it as I need to sort a boost controller too

Rides
    Drop down to actuator pressure. Then you can at least move it in and out the garage, very quickly with lots of tyres smoke should you wish.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh0804 View Post
    Lol, thanks for the replys I'll give it ago then.

I'll let you know about the pump too. Not massively rushed for it as I need to sort a boost controller too
    NO BOOST UNTIL UPRATED PUMP IS FITTED

Rides
    ^ what he said!!!! Not enough fuel mean lean, means meltymelts time!

Rides
    I've ran the stock pump on stage 1a (282 bhp) on my s14a for a good few months with no issues at all. It's not that the stock pump can't deliver the pressure or volume of fuel. It's that by now its done a lot of miles so will be warn and eventually stop delivering the pressure needed.
    It's a wear and tear thing for a bit of preventative maintenance.
    As much as you "can" run it on a stock pump as I have done before. It's not advisable as one min it may be fine the next the pump will have warn and your fuel pressure will drop and the engine will run lean.

To be honest though I'd put most of this happening down to old wiring as well not necessarily a dead pump. Fitting the higher rated pump can disguise. A wiring issue that should IMO be sorted first.

Rides
    So after all that, what are you saying ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M.D. View Post
    I've ran the stock pump on stage 1a (282 bhp) on my s14a for a good few months with no issues at all. It's not that the stock pump can't deliver the pressure or volume of fuel. It's that by now its done a lot of miles so will be warn and eventually stop delivering the pressure needed.
    It's a wear and tear thing for a bit of preventative maintenance.
    As much as you "can" run it on a stock pump as I have done before. It's not advisable as one min it may be fine the next the pump will have warn and your fuel pressure will drop and the engine will run lean.

To be honest though I'd put most of this happening down to old wiring as well not necessarily a dead pump. Fitting the higher rated pump can disguise. A wiring issue that should IMO be sorted first.
    Yep this is basically it.
    You can run the stock pump but... it very very unadvisable as if it coughs you dont have the safety net of the rich-not-on-the-edge build of the stock setup.

So dont gamble with fueling as it will bite your arse and cost £££s, no uprated pump = no fun upgrades.

Rides
    I think thus is well answered cheers though.

It's only going in and out if the garage. And I said I'll wait on the pump nearer the time I get the boost controller

And it wasn't be saying I'm hitting boost I barely touch the right pedal when moving the car lol

Rides
    I've got cat back exhaust and an air filter and I was worried so running actuator pressure to be safe. Can't wait for my fuel pump, fmic and bleed valve :-)