Thread: Adjustable ARms for s14 - Recommendations

Rides

Adjustable ARms for s14 - Recommendations

Im looking at purchasing some front and back adjustable arms awell as toe and tension rods. This car is built to drift and id like to dial out the negative camber and add a dash of rear toe.

Currently the driftworks package has 20% off (£313) for the lot, however i wanted recommendations on tried and tested.

And the cheapo ebay ones rubbish etc??

Rides
    I have a mix of DW and cheaper arms on my car. The DW arms are good quality and that's a good price.

I've noticed the boots on the rose joints perish quickly though. Might be worth buying some tougher boots if it's going to be used a lot on the road.

Rides
    sweet, ill be honest though i was just gona cake them in some thick grease, and occasional top it up, rather than run any dust boots, i often wonder if dust boots do more harm that good with holding moisture etc

Rides
    Or buy arms with the rubber seal moulded into the joint for maximum longevity

Rides
    well i know the driftworks ones are sealed joints anyway. Just wondering if theres any bad stories etc about them.

Rides
    I've never heard of any not even the ebay ones breaking unless it was fitted correctly

it seems driftworks ones are better due to the fact they have orange and driftworks on

My advice would be ask bren@apex, japspeed or any other people you find for the best price of the arm kit you want.
    Last edited by -ghost-; 16-11-2012 at 13:22.

Rides
    The new Apex ones are really nice, I'd go with those.

Rides
    Think about what you're gonna use the car for and what your roads are like around your area. If it's mostly for road use go for bushed arms. I made the mistake of fitting all rose-jointed arms on my road/track car and the ride is too harsh. Can feel too much vibration from the road and it's too harsh. Wish I'd gone for bushed arms.

Rides
    I got apex kit and its all good

Rides
    Apex bushed every time rose joint where out quicker and knock and bang

Rides
    Driftworks rose jointed arms without a doubt. If its a drift car then get rose jointed arms even if you don't get Driftworks ones, bushed arms are soggy and although will last longer its easy enough to look after rose jointed ones...

Rose joints need to be properly looked after. Buy your arms and then go on ebay or driftworks and buy the different boots they sell for them, the standard boots actually trap dust/dirt/grit and encourages it into the rose joint which if your using the car daily will wear them away within a year.

Get those boots, and put them on before you fit the arms to the car so the joints are as clean as possible.

Get some 'Silkolene RG2 grease' and pack the boot out with that as well. That combo will keep the rose joint lubed (arguable whether it needs to be but it worked absolutely perfectly for me) and the boots will make a sealed joint. You can put some small cable ties around the boots as well to encourage it to stay sealed.

From experience the Apex arms are rubbish, and I wouldn't trust my life with the ebay ones or the Japspeed ones. If I had to give a reason for all 3 of those then you get what you pay for and i'd rather have slightly better quality joints. I've seen some Apex ones in disgusting condition, the metal they are made out of is actually plastic as well i'm sure!

Just keep your eye on those boots, the ones I had were pretty tough but if one ever splits you'll loose your lube and a load of grit will go in there.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    Think about what you're gonna use the car for and what your roads are like around your area. If it's mostly for road use go for bushed arms. I made the mistake of fitting all rose-jointed arms on my road/track car and the ride is too harsh. Can feel too much vibration from the road and it's too harsh. Wish I'd gone for bushed arms.
    I big time second this.