Thread: why Nismo 555 injectors for HDev Stage 2 >

Rides

why Nismo 555 injectors for HDev Stage 2 >

Hi Guys

looking to push a little more power out of the 200sx come spring next year, looks like a set of 555 injectors and a tweak to the map would see 300bhp >

i have found these injectors ( dont seem to be cheap chinese shit)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-555cc-Fu...item1c2d1e4493

just want to know why HD say you have to have Nismo for the car to run right?

Rides
    I would imagine as the map is predone using Nismo 555s
    Hence these injector might work but HD can't guarantee it will work perfectly.

My 2pence worth.
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    fair enough, sounds about right i just didnt know what the difference was between say nismo and another brand injector apart from spray pattern, unless they are just covering their backs?

Rides
    Nismo is the most common brand the 555s are sold under but they are actually all the same injectors and made by Jecs.

The ones you've linked to are refurbished Jecs injectors, sound suspiciously like the Deutchworks ones - which are drilled out standard injectors and have inconsistent flow. Are they actually cheap by the time you've factored in that they are effectively second hand + postage, duty, handling fee and a flow test to be safe?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ray200sx View Post
    fair enough, sounds about right i just didnt know what the difference was between say nismo and another brand injector apart from spray pattern, unless they are just covering their backs?
    When you say you don't know the difference, I assume you mean you don't realise these are not new injectors.
    The difference is stock Nissan/Nismo/HKS/Tomie etc are brand new injectors manufactured by Jecs.
    The ones commonly found on ebay for cheap being called Jecs are 're manufactured' to increase there flow over stock. How are they re manufactured? For all I know it might be a dude with a drill and a shakey hand opening up the nozzle or some super dooper 007 bout to get it in the knackers type laser beam shizzle, I don't know.

Look at the add, they don't mention they are re manufactured at all meaning, only mention is in item specifics.
    Some run re fooked injectors on custom maps with apparent success and if you choose to that's fine, I'm not in a postion to tell you not to but my personal opinion is fook that!

Rides
    There is plenty of used 555s that come up for sale.

Rides
    For the H-Dev map go for Nismos. For custom map those should be fine. I have redrilled 800cc injectors myself and they are fine. As long as you get a matched set they are good...