Thread: S14 / S14A Bumper Support Bar Differences

Rides

S14 / S14A Bumper Support Bar Differences

Hi,
    I am aiming this question at anyone who has fitted an S14A front end to an S14.

I have been trying to fit the bumper support bar brackets from the S14A on the S14 but they don't appear to fit.
    It seems that a new hole for each bracket needs drilling and the metal panel spot welded to the end of the chassis leg needs cutting away to allow the bracket to fit correctly.

I've seen and read many threads on here about this conversion but none seem to mention this problem. Is my car unique or do most people not bother fitting the brackets to the chassis legs and bumper support bar?

Any help very much appreciated.

Rides
    Hmm -- you are in Southport??

Not sure exactly what you mean re your question, do you have any pics of what you need to modify?

Rides
    It's not just support bar that need changing. There's two bits of metal that bolt to front of car. Each one has two bolts an bottom bolt is slotted I think. I found it wouldn't line up till I swapped them as well

Rides
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Amoeba, I think I maay have seen your car in the Asda car park a good while ago. Mine is not far from there but going nowhere for a while yet

Re your description 200Jim, it sounds like you are talking about the brackets I mean.

Each chassis leg has a plate spot welded to the end of it that is a lot wider than the chassis leg looking at the car from the front. These plates are fine for the normal S14 brackets but appear to be in the way for S14A brackets.

Jim, could you get the S14A brackets to fit without altering the plates fitted to the chassis legs and without drilling any new holes?

I have added some photos showing the S14A bumper support bar, S14 brackets and the plate at the end of the chassis leg.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...21016-1748.jpg
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...21016-1748.jpg

Rides
    I ha to change them coz nothin would line up but was easier for me as had whole donar car

Rides
    You had to change what?