Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Car Rescue - Brewer has competition...

Rides
    Saw it the other night, Bernie is a total tool

I did catch part of a show on MotorsTV last night, it had an S14a being stripped and built into a donor car by Garage D. Can't remember the name though, really low budget stuff but wasn't too bad to watch.

Rides
    "Would you like to own the car restored in this show well just enter the competition..." Like Fcuk, I've seen what they did to it!!

Have been watching Fast and Loud just lately, similar sort of thing only better.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    lol at the blatant throwing of the windscreen lol.
    The guy at the salvage yard can't act either. Lookes nice in the end but see my other post.

Oh and the valuation thing cracks me up, they seem to think that piece of paper with a number on it means they've made money, much like W.D. makes money by forgetting to factor in Edds time.

It's all arse but it fills an hour or so.

Rides
    The windscreen was apparently the wrong one as well, throw a huff over the sills being gone, when there's a set that came with the car. Takes the Michael. Although, I have watched the others since it does take up an hour. Makes me think I could do a tv series with my workmanship... SXOC.TV

Rides
    I ain't watched it and I have no intention too either,Bernie is a total cnut he is an embarrassment to the car industry and anything he has to do with cars tbh he makes me cringe every time he opens his north and south and slap his smug chevy chase (see what I did there )
    Anything staged is pants as its just that 'staged' its not real,might as well be watching a fecking cartoon as its all fake, Top gear is cool to a degree but even that has moments but I let them slide as its well made and has to cater to the masses etc
    The Banned for being too fast group B rally cars and the F1 turbo era vids are sooo way much better as they are factual and for a petrolhead most awesome imo

Rides
    Oh my Christ this programme made me so Serious face-palm when the yank reversed the (freshly painted) e-type into the engine block. Looked like the sprayer chap wanted to kill him!! The chaps doing the work probably know their stuff. The presenters do not. Such a low quality programme.
    Last edited by Mr G; 17-10-2012 at 13:15.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr C View Post
    Have been watching Fast and Loud just lately, similar sort of thing only better.
    Love fast and loud, it's great

Rides
    that classic car thing is shite!
    I have been watching this and i think its quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOcOtYCDiD8

Its a bit american but definitely worth watching.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel H View Post
    Love fast and loud, it's great

Yep,love that too! just watched this weeks! and that concept show with The Parker bros is good (Dream Machines) i think

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Fast and loud vid looks way better than anything we do,just need wait 5 years for it to be on dave as im banned from sky for life
    Any way this is a series of vids these loons produce,nitrous on rental cars, beater cars on nitrous till they go bang,and big turbos rigged/bodged on anything vans cars my sort of comedy car stuff > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lL6V...F4_Eh7Pdmh8R7w

Rides
    fast and loud is okay but all these programmes whereby a profit is to be made makes me cringe a bit,

although they never point it out there are always areas they missed for there supposed "restoration" presumably to keep costs down and make a profit.

Its quite old now but chop cut rebuild is a cool programme but would be massively boring to people who aren't into cars as well as chasing classic cars,

no shouting and arguments in any of those, its great

Rides
    Fast & loud is pretty good. They lost money last week and brought a couple of dogs this week to!!!

And if you watch carefully the screen they dropped wasnt the one they offered up to the car it was just staged!!!!!

Rides
    Just watched some fast n loud myself. Need to have a street rod shop! Some quality banter and some decent different cars too

Rides
    I watched an episode of Fast 'n' Loud the other week, annoyed me because they took a pretty original Model A and turned it into a hotrod, like every other one

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    A Landrover is Born is on you tube so i assume all the others will be as well

Fast & Loud is pretty good but my guilty pleasure is American Chopper (no Daz, not that sort )
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    I watched an episode of Fast 'n' Loud the other week, annoyed me because they took a pretty original Model A and turned it into a hotrod, like every other one
    That made me wince a bit too, they didn't go too crazy though and it could be returned to original if desired.

The gasser was good, a rusty wreck they rescued and bought back to life.

I like what they do on American Chopper but can't stand the arguing

Rides
    And tonights false bit on classic car rescue! The windscreen! how false was that throw

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Bring back beetle crisis!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    And tonights false bit on classic car rescue! The windscreen! how false was that throw

I laughed alot at how fake that was.