Thread: Tyre Magic - tyre puncture sealant?

Rides

Tyre Magic - tyre puncture sealant?

Never tried these products before-any opinions? Seems a cheap investment as just having a tyre repaired can be £20+.

Here's a link to the product I've seen:

http://www.readytovalet.com/TYRE_MAG...7_2750262.aspx

They are doing free delivery till Sunday night if you use this code:

FREEDELIVERYWEEKEND

This company also sells waterless car cleaning products which are pretty good:-)

Rides
    I was under the impression that tyre sealant was a temp fix. If you did get a puncture and this stuff didn't work, a lot of tyre repair places will refuse to repair it as it creates a huge mess all over their machine when the tyre is popped off the rim.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I trialled a similar product a while ago called Tyreseal. The first tyre developed leaks but the second is still ok after 8 months (both tyres were repeatedly stabbed with a 5mm braddle)

Theoretically its a good product but I'm still dubious. And, as Mike mentioned, a lot of tyre places won't change your tyres with this gunk in them as it makes a mess everywhere.

Rides
    I got these on special in asda when they were 2quid a can. Bought ten cans.

Used one on the silvia and it inflated from 0psi to a usable tyre.

Most tyre places will not repair afterwards though they state u have ruined the tyre.

Im sure if you cleaned it out for them they could sort but ive yet to try.

Its a get out of emergency bottle that might cost you the tyre. But its better than driving on a flat ****ing your rim.

Rides
    I've still yet to see a product fix/prevent a sidewall puncture (other than the fact that this is illegal). No substitute for carrying a spare imo.

Rides
    These really are a temporary fix, you cant seriously drive more than say 50 miles at lowish speeds safely.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    These really are a temporary fix, you cant seriously drive more than say 50 miles at lowish speeds safely.
    The blurb on the site and video didn't really give that impression. I know the type of product you mean. Often standard equipment on new cars with no spare wheel. You get a flat tyre, pump in the foam and get to a garage who replace the tyre as its now junk. Tyremagic seems to be a passive product. It's put into the tyre and left in there. If an puncture occures, it will likely "heal" it permanently. Have I got the wrong idea from the marketing?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Tyremagic seems to be a passive product. It's put into the tyre and left in there. If an puncture occures, it will likely "heal" it permanently. Have I got the wrong idea from the marketing?
    That's my understanding. I've got a similar product in my mountain bike tyres. I was getting a puncture once a week, but since changing to innertubes with a sealant in them, I've not had one flat tyre

Rides
    A friend of mine builds armoured vehicles for the military, and they use something similar. He 'procured' a few cans and used it in his tyres on a banger rally we did to Timbuktu. I don't recall him getting any punctures, but every now and then the gloop would settle at the bottom of the tyre after being stationary for a while, causing it to become massively out of balance. Not sure if this was due to incorrect application or temperature or what.

Rides
    I could see this being a potential issue if the car was left standing, particually in cold temperatures, as its a liquid that circulates in the tyre.

Rides
    Again, referring to Tyreseal (as its the one I know) its supposed to coat the inside of the tyre after 5 or 6 miles at "reasonable speed". The adhesives are supposed to hold it in place once coated. If its still fluid enough to seal holes though, I can't see how this can happen.

Rides
    I had a slow puncture on my shitty runabout, I bought a can of bike tyre sealant from the pound shop and threw it in

That was about a year and a half ago, it's been fine since!