Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ali-d1936's S15 Spec-R "Rattler"

Rides
    Just read through the whole build, awesome work so far and great help with the loom relocation.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Good work Alan. Some nice improvements there.
    You'll be a happy man when its rolling again.
    cheers man you have no idea how nice it is to have it moving again

Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Simon View Post
    Just read through the whole build, awesome work so far and great help with the loom relocation.
    cheers man

well spent all today fixing up all the random fiberglass bumpers i have lying around. really makes me hope that the standerd bumpers suit this and im well over this fiberglass craic for a while.

painted up the new skyline breaks and polished the lettering thanks to d-turbo-lawwwwwdddddd for the paint i seen his and really wanted that shade of red

met kruizer during the week and he suggeated that i fiberglass up the hole for the old looms seems alot easier than plating it or fitting and sealing grommets so 2 layres of fiberglass in and outside. paint then waxoil and its water tight

before

after.

them polished the lips on the wheels wound down the coilovers as low as possible for the craic and took her out. im going to have to remove locking collers up front to get the height i want but the back is perfect right now

offered up the aero skirts looking good sofar

and offered the old bumper up after a lot of repair work incase i go back to the kit

Rides
    didnt want one but can you really pass up a Aero bumper when its offered to you :P

Rides
    would actually sell my son for medical experiments and sell my favourite finger for this car, its epic!

Rides
    Where did the Aero bumper come from?? would sell my left nut for one

Rides
    well after 5months in the shed its finally back... alot of it due to lazyness on my part and generally losing total interest in the car but after having a terrible few weeks i decided to get it back in a roadworthy condition and passed the nct wednesday so spent this evening putting the aero on and the wheels coilovers arms ect still have to put the mesh and foglights in the grills, fit and paint the spats and fit my exhaust along with a few other touches

home from the NCT

so here is v5.0 of my s15

spat is just taped on for the mo

had to move the lockign coller to the bottom of the shock to get it sitting just right

Rides
    The aero bumper looks sweet on your motor bet your happy that you bought it now .
    It looks like a really good fit .

Rides
    cant thank-you enough for that man, i deleated all my pms so i lost your user name to send ya a Pm, but thanks again arrived A1 and everything fitted perfectly and its excellent quality

Rides
    Pooooornnn!!!
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    It looks great on your motor makes such a difference to your s15. I maybe should have kept it .
    I'm happy you got it in one piece I was nervous that it would've been damaged in transit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Pooooornnn!!!

Cheers baiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by tet offensive View Post
    It looks great on your motor makes such a difference to your s15. I maybe should have kept it .
    I'm happy you got it in one piece I was nervous that it would've been damaged in transit.
    Me too not gonna lie i was expecting more rubbish quality like my lang front bumper but this is in a diffrent league altogether maybe you should have kept it but tough your not getting it back now

Rides
    I will buy another aero bumper next year ,when I have some spare cash.
    But I'm happy that you like it .

Rides
    yip im thrilled thanks again man, now if i could get some foglights for it id be really happy

Rides
    well it has been a while... 3 years of sitting up in a shed not starting due to a electrical fault that i just didnt have the time to source, and getting no love, i finally decided to pull it out of its corner and do some work
    pulled into the work area.

and started to strip it

my phone broke here so iv lost all the stripping of th eengine bay photos so im a bit concerned about putting it back together but i should be ok...
    anyway Rust!!

i think the car got a tip on the front corner and it was never properly repaired and left to rot, or when the hole for the FMIC was cut out it was left bare metal

either way it was rot right through so went cutting (i cut more than this but its the only photo i have)

and welded in some 2mm plate

I then wire wheeled back everything tidied up any more spots of rot, used Krust rust converter Gel, when that had finished treating used a Zinc primer over it,

then a Regular 2 pac primer, then 4 coats of a gray colur i picked at random at the Autofactors

and the finished outcome!!

now to stone chip over it and to make a start at the rear

can anyone just confirm that that is the right sequence for doing underneath the car

wire wheel the shit out of the Rust
    rough sand the paint with 240 grit paper
    use Krust rust converter Gel,
    clean off with degreaser
    use 2 coats of zinc primer on bare metal.
    then use a etch primer on after wards
    Stonechip
    Topcoat
    Last edited by ali-d1936; 10-09-2016 at 21:42.

Rides
    Last edited by ali-d1936; 05-08-2016 at 10:59.

Rides
    Well this project took a scary turn for the worst,
    After i finished the front i attacked the back of the car.

After first inspection it looked grim tbh,

Actually got to the point where i was just gonna scrap the shell and break for parts. I live 4 hours from where the car is and i only get to see it friday evening, saturday, and for a few hours sunday, so knew this would take a long while sort out. After 3 weeks weighting up my options i said f**k it may aswell just go for it.
    I cut out the brackets that the "boomarang" brace bolt to and welded in fresh peices, then realised the sills where like swiss cheese.

Thankfully the inner sills are untouched!
    And as you can imagine
    Finding sills for a s15 is impossible. So i bought a 8x4 sheet of 1.2mm. Got some angle iron some clampsand got creative.

It didnt come out terrible.

Ill have more later 😊

Rides
    OMG I cant believe how rusty it is, my s15 has never been driven on salty roads and literally looks as new underneath