Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ali-d1936's S15 Spec-R "Rattler"

Rides

Ali-d1936's S15 Spec-R "Rattler"

Dont have a build thread here and as things are escalating Quickly i think i better start one soon before its all one Post-dump of a build

just going to copy and paste all posts from another thread up until now.

Bought the Car in 2008
    Though it was perfect and didn't want to change a thing on it.

well lads iv been riding around in this little jem the last few months and said id stick up some pictures of it :P never planned on doing anything to it as i thought it was perfect,

ha but i cant leave things alone, only things i didnt like when i bought it was the front bumper with the filled in grill area, and uras rear bumper, so sorced some replacements and now it sits like this.

ah iv more pictures but photobucket is acting up ill try them again tomorrow!!

so iv a LIL problem i collect seats LOL

so seeing as i cant find any rails to suit all the seats im fabing up my own rails that will work with all of them :P

(ill stick up pics of me building the rails again photobucket acting gay)

plans are

finish fabing seat rails, new coilovers, sort out the brakes, d-max style rear lights, might remove rear windscreen wiper, maybe a nice tail and roof spoiler but i think it might look better without?!
    then hopefuly summore POWWWWERRRR!

Rides
    washed the car today so took a few pictures before i park it up for the year

tomorrow im removing the coilovers giving it another coat of underseal hopefuly find a set of cheap wheels to throw on it aswell!

few weeks ago

Took out my brides as these DC2 Recaros are the most comfortable seats iv ever had

the wheels after a polish and painting the calipers Fluoresent yellow

Rides
    So after a long year away Down under :afro: i decided to come home for a few weeks, thankfully i bribed my younger brother with packets of haribo to start it up once a month and give it the odd wash, so was in good condition when i pulled it out.

after pulling it out of the Shed from her dry storage.

so as it is im going back in 3 weeks, its out of test for 10 months and no tax for a year, Its nearly not worth ncting it for the few weeks but i really want to give it a blast, so every spare chance i get im going to get it ready to throw it through the test and see how it goes,

so ripped of the bumpers and with the grinder and wire brush attachment brushed back all the surface rust, etch primed it and gave it a further 2 coats of under seal on basically everywhere but the body pannels so it will be nice and safe parked up again,
    Before:

After:

The Veilsides where looking fairly poor, so decided to polish up the lips to a mirror finish
    Before:

Took out all the Studs, and started with 320 grit and worked up to 2500 grit wet and dry sand paper, then gave it a lashing of metal polish.

Finished result, came out pritty well but its hard to tell with the rubbish camera pics,

the studs had some ammount of white scum on them comming out and i was told to leave them in Coke for 24hr and it will clean them up... i guess time will tell LOL

and a throw back of how it was before i left cant wait to get it back up like this again

whipped out the coilovers, seem to have lost my coilover spanner so i thought it was going to be a nightmare to adjust them, thankfully i fully copper greased them before i left, and they wound up and down free hand with no need for a spanner

bit pissed ATM, had a vertex lang front bumper ordered from a guy in england but that seems to have fallen through as he dosnt make them anymore, i have a vvt sprocket and Yashio factory rear lights ordered months ago off ebay neither of them have been delievered yet

so hopeing to book a test next week chuck back on all the goodies and enjoy it for the few weeks im back

Rides
    truth be told i wasnt fully happy with how the wheels came out, the lips came out ok, but the face on the spokes where still all dull, i considered getting bronze paint and spraying the face and lip flat bronze (still undeceided on this i think it will look good), but decided agienst it, got another pack of 2500 grit paper, and spent 2 hours on each wheel doing every inch of them,

:afro: now thats better

so i have a high metallic silver spray paint that ill finish the center where the nut bolts are and between the spokes and it finished.

then that will still be 2 down 2 to go

Rides
    Cheers guys,

have the car all ready for the NCT, exhaust off, standerd shocks in lights and wheels aligned... and now im thinking its a waste of time, pay tax for 3 months, do the test (and it will only get tested for a few months), and insurance company's still want a arm and a leg to insure it even for just 2 months as i will be gone again and it will just be parked up again for another 12months.

so a few ill updates, as i plan on getting a s14 in the coming week for a project car iv been stockpiling parts for it,
    so i bought a yashio factory s14 knob and gaitor, loved it so much i was hopeing it would sit on the s15, bud sadly the threads are different non the less looks sweet and will look good in a s14

Next ordered some Yashio Factory stsmokedLED lights

Lights on

TBH im still undecided on them... old or new? or might get another set unsmoked??

Opinions?

so then wheels i really want something with more dish, and give the arches a lil roll. missed out on a perfect set of meisters in england twice

or another option is to buy 4 new Dish Barrels for the Veilside Wheels but i dont know where to go looking to get this done?

So if nothing creeps up in the next few weeks ill be going another route,

18x10 et0 varrasteons white or royal bronze.

epic looking but not keen on them side on.

or some humble Rota Torques 18x9.5 +20

SO for now, im waiting for a heap of stuff in the post, mirrors, 2 front bumpers spoiler, and alot of interior bits,

id check back for the next update.. the 2 front bumper thing should get a bit interesting

Rides
    So a little Dilemma.. i purchased This gen bride material because i was going to re-trim the centres on my lowmax's as the graduation was wearing off on me... its a little busy if you get me, but now when im weighing them up the graduation is growing on me again... i can get graduation material also, what do people reckon?

stay graduation? or go for the Black centers...
    the seats. as they are with the Graduation Material

Bride Black Material

horrible picture but you get the idea.

this is what it should look like

if i go for the black, i will be retriming

~the Fabric on the door cards
    ~Lowmax seat cushions
    ~then fabric dye the rear seats black, and retrim the centers of the back seats with the Bride materaial also.

but it is a tough one, Graduation material or black material :/ i need opions on this one... :huh:

also confirmation i have these on the way 3.5 inch lips :P should look good on the FRONTS! :wink:

a extra 1.5 inches so im hoping 30mm overs and camber with a nice strech will look mint

and nearly have the Rears sorted also
    4.5's :P
    Last edited by ali-d1936; 12-10-2012 at 22:11.

Rides
    so last week i was detaring the car with thinners (handy for removing tar)
    and i wiped the passanger headlight with some thinners on the rag, after a few seconds little tiny Cracks started to appear i ws shitting myself we all know the price of s15 lights!! so they where left like this :shocked:

Looked fairly ****ed if you ask me,
    so cheapest replacment i could find was E500 for a pair :afro:

so with nothing to lose (as tehy looked ****ed anyway) i got a lot of diffrent grade sandpapers and started to work, it started really slow, even at 340 grit by hand nothing was comming off, so bit the bullet,
    60 grit on a orbetel sander it still took 2 hours at that to get below the level of the Cracks in the plastic

TBF even at this point it was looking bleek

but started working up the Grades of sand paper, topped off with a 2hour marathon rubbing session with 2500 grit, and a rub of polish...

:afro:
    will go back over it again as there are a few rough places where i missed with the higher grades. but TBH it beats paying E500 for second hand scratched lights

now onto the interior

Rides
    To say it was a stomach wrenching moment when it happened would be a understatement,those s15 lights aint cheap, found out it was N20 thinners, think its different to regular thinners

so started today at the door cards,

First take one s15 door card (pool table optional)

Carefully ripped off the fabric,

spend hours rubbing off every last piece of foam so the adhesive has something solid to stick to. and mask off the edge.

apply the adhesive to both the door and the fabric.

as soon as they touch that's it so you better have it lined up right the first time.

then carfully trim the extra off

one down one to go,

:afro:

has anyone ever used fabric dye before? looking into it for the back seats but cant find anything,

i want something proper that wont rub off onto peoples clothes,

Rides
    my old gear gaitor looked like a dog got at it at some stage, was torn allover, so with with the leftovers of the doorcards i thought id try and muster something up,

looks like i would just have enough

Didnt take long, but i put alot of effort into it and it paid off, red stiched to match the seats and wheel, its not just bride material sown up in a cone shape like iv seen other people do

Rides
    Sorted the loom in the drivers wheel well Today, was always cautious of it, so i always had that extra 2 inches i could have gone lower but didn't for fear of chewing it up, so i said id tie it up so i wouldn't have to worry about it again,
    this is what it looked like it was actually resting on the plastic shield,

got to it just in time

pulled it out as much as i could to see what i had to play with

cut a notch out so the loom would run along the lip

then treated and fiberglassed around the cut metal so it was in no danger of sharp edges cutting into the loom,

undersealed everything while i was at it

and tied it up with the largest zip tyes i could find

thats how it should have been done from the factory Nissan

where i had cut the notch sits nice

had to run the bonnet cable under the lip as there wasnt enough slack to bring it over,

throwing on the wing i found out i had over done it the wing wouldn't go back on ... so had to adjust the loom again until it would stop fowling the wing,

still its out of harms way so i gained a good bit of extra clearance.

Rides
    Dropped the seats in to be retrimmed in the new Bride material Today so ill be waiting 2 weeks

then my new lips arrived this morning
    wasted no time stripping two old wheels and sticking them on

turns out my old wheels where 18x9 not 18x9.5 so overall width are 18x10.5 now not too crazy up front

old vs new

test fit

going to be looking for 5" or 5.5" inner barrels so ill be able to run more camber if needs be

have 30mm front overs ordered but i think ill be putting them up for sale as soon as they arrive as i will unfortunately be needing 50 mm,

was hoping to stay with only 30mm overs front and rear as i dont like the look of the 50mm overs they bulge too much and ruin the whole look of the car,

so over the next few days im going to have to decide to stick with the plan and run with the comming 4" lips for the rear, or put these on the rears and just run 3" lips up front, and squeeze them under 30mm's

anyone interested in 4" lips if i decide to do that? let me know

Rides
    First off got Genuine Ganador Mirrors

spryed them up and stuck them on

Delighted with them,

then Coulour choice on the wheels where wrecking my head, was going to go with gold or Bronze centers, but thinking that they may cheapen the look of the car i played it safe and went silver,

first dark silver

but was unhappy so back to halfords again for another shade of silver

and shating,

very happy

then polished my bolts, left them on coke for 2 days,
    broke down alot of gunk off them,

then wire brushed them,

then polished the Feckers right up

4 hours for 80 bolts :/

so puting these two back together tomorrow and onto the next two, i will be happy to see the back of these wheels, pain in the ass

Rides
    Well i can say that coke is heaps better than vinegar, seemed to have a much harder time cleaning the bolts after the vinegar than the coke,

so got some bushed fully adjusttable arms

and theyll see me rolling and they will be hating

even tho i will 100% be using rear over-fenders, i still want to leave the arches in good nick that if i ever decide to take them off i can go back and run with a rolled arch so hoping i can get the arches looking like this and leaving it tight to 30mm overs,

i wont be able to get the turn down in the flare, but ill leave it in a way that i will be able to later on if i want.

also loved the shape of the vents on the Wings i bought, so incase i cant find wings with similar vents i made a quick FGR copy

rub some tin foil on the wing

start laying some fibreglass onto the foil

couple of layers to give it some strength

the let it set and pull it off

its rough so if i need it ill obvyousley build up the layers, slap on some filler and smoth her up

might not use or need it but its practise incase i ever need to do something similar:P

Rides
    Love the wheels

Rides
    I might know someone that could be interested in the 4" veilside lips. Provided they're 18".

Love the motor sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Holy shit those wheels look awesome now! Cars coming along nicely mate
    I think it was a good choice to stick with the wheels instead of getting Equips ect

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive. View Post
    Holy shit those wheels look awesome now! Cars coming along nicely mate
    I think it was a good choice to stick with the wheels instead of getting Equips ect
    Hay Dude how are ya? did you get your wheels yet? ya im glad i stuck with them too a little dish and they sharpen up nice

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    I might know someone that could be interested in the 4" veilside lips. Provided they're 18".

Love the motor sir!

ya tell him to get in touch with me so, I can see myself hanging onto them in-case i need them later on but if the offer is right i wont say no

Rides
    Just sorted these out about 5 min ago

3" Lips, meaning i have chickened out putting the 10.5 up front and have decided to promote them to the rears,

running the 3" up front means i have the little extra bit of comfort and hopefuly ill get the +30mm Front Wings i like and they will fit snug under them

Just bought them in the states so hopefuly Next week they will be here
    also bought a D-max boot lid spoiler aswell should be here next week also haven't quite decided if i shall fit it or not, but its nice to have if i get the Urge

and I got news my other set of wheels Have finnaly arrive from Japan so paid the Balance and getting them posted up Monday, sadly not for the s15, planning on getting a s14a in the next few weeks and they will look awesome on it, Same as what i have already Veilside's rears are 18X11 - 34

Cant wait to get stuck into them :P
    Last edited by ali-d1936; 12-10-2012 at 22:46.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ali-d1936 View Post
    ya tell him to get in touch with me so, I can see myself hanging onto them in-case i need them later on but if the offer is right i wont say no
    Give us a ballpark figure ill speak to him later once I've picked my Datsun up