Thread: My latest project....

Rides

My latest project....

Right, I've not really done a project thread for this car on here yet, but I figured I'd show it off a bit. I'm quite proud of it so far This has all happened within the last six or seven weeks and copied from another forum, so might be a little out of sync.

So, whilst on holiday, I picked up a totally stock 57 plate ST-2 with 38k in the clock. It has a few nice options like Bluetooth with voice control, auto lights and wipers. It also has red calipers, which someone appears to have painted with lipstick. Here's a pic of it the day I got it:

Once I'd got it home, I decided that the nasty grey fog light surrounds and grills needed painting, and I ended up with this:

Not the most professional job in the world, but it'll do for now. You can also see the gel overlays which were kindly bought for me by my sister and brother-in-law (that's his RS).

I also got some red LED's for the footwell lights, but I don't seem to be able to get a decent picture of them.

Today my Dsci tuning platform arrived. At the moment it's running the Dsci map, but I'm going to have a play with the others at the weekend to see how they feel, but I'm more than happy with it so far, it's totally changed the car!

Plans for the near(ish) future include:

Cat back system
    Induction kit
    Eibach springs and shocks.

Rides
    Got my K&N Gen2 delivered today . I'm lucky that I only have to work half days on Friday, so this will be a nice little job for tomorrow. I've read the threads about the Gen2 mod, so I'll do this at the same time:

Hopefully my Piper cat-back should also arrive tomorrow, but I'll be (hopefully) fitting it on Saturday

Rides
    So, today I fitted the Gen2. What fun that was! Anyway, a few hours and some skinned knuckles later, it's done!

Sounds rather good, a nice roar when accelerating and a little flutter when lifting off

Also, this turned up when I was coming back from the test drive:

Can't wait to get it on the car!

I'll also be spending some time tomorrow cleaning the slam panel up. I've removed the plastic cover as there's not really any need for it anymore. The clip for the bonnet stay was broken on mine anyway, but as I discovered today there's actually another one built in to the slam panel itself, so happy days

Rides
    "....and it was decreed that from now on and forever more, this day shall be known as "The day of the eight and half hour exhaust".

That's right. 8.5 hours. All because of my rusty nuts :blink: . Managed to cut the rear box off without a problem, then moved on to what was left at the end of the cat. First impressions weren't good, the nuts had rusted and started to "peel" a bit like an onion. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I managed to grind the lower nut off, but the top nut took about 4 hours of cutting, grinding and beating before it came off (massive thanks for helping me Webby). And now the Piper cat-back is on!

Initial impressions are good, it's definitely louder at tickover and when accelerating, but very quiet when cruising. Oh, and it pops and bangs nicely too, I'm well chuffed.

So, performance wise that's it for now, I just plan on enjoying what I've now got. Saying that though, general modding isn't over I still need to sort out the badly painted calipers, paint the silver bits on the fog surrounds and perhaps think about changing the springs at some point, but we'll see.

Rides
    Had a little play with the interior today, decided to carry the red and black theme on inside.

Quite happy with it at the moment

Rides
    Today saw me doing something I've only ever done once, and vowed never to do again. Waxing a car. However, I feel the ST is something that I really want to look after, so, with my two glamorous assistants, set about cleaning the car. We started by washing the car, then clay barred the whole thing, washed it again, and finished off with two layers of wax. The finished article:

The noisiest collection of cars in the area :grin:.

And finally an arty shot of the RS in the ST's reflection:

Very happy with the finished result, so much so, I really don't want to drive it to work tomorrow

Rides
    The Climair wind deflectors finally arrived, along with the mk3 washer jets and LHD reverse lamp. I didn't bother with pics of the washer jets as they're identical to the original ones :lol:

Here's the rear of the car now:

Much tidier looking I think.

And a quick pic of the Climairs (I find it really odd that these aren't held in with any clips or anything):

Rides
    Yesterday, my flyeyes kit arrived. I quite like the standard rear lights, so decided to use the flyeyes to shade the clear bits to keep in with the red/black theme. I also used some on the mirror repeaters, though I might have another go at them later as the shape makes them a little trickier to use it on. I went for a little drive today and took a couple of pics on the way back.

Rides
    Today I received my engine and cam covers from Sean at Hydra (http://www.focusstoc...dra-automotive/), and I'm really pleased with how they came out! They're Panther Black with red and black skulls in the middle. You can't really see it in the pics but the little bits of metal flake in the Panther Black really show up in the light. I'm massively pleased with these, so there will be more coming soon I think!

Excuse the grubby finger/hand prints .
    Last edited by Bahnstormer; 04-10-2012 at 20:19.

Rides
    Today this little lot arrived. :bounce: Can't wait to get it on there, but unfortunately it's down with rain at the moment.

So, that's where it's at so far There's more to come in the next few months, but next easter I'll be heading up to Hull, so while I'm up there I'm going to get the guys at Dreamscience to fit an RS clutch, flywheel and diff.

Hope you like it, comments/questions welcome!

Rides
    The blue oval isn't my bag but it looks very tidy. Personally I think you should ditch the red surround on the lower light pods, it looks a bit naff, but that's just my opinion.