Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan 200sx S13 for sale - Nice example owned for nearly 18 years

Rides

Nissan 200sx S13 for sale - Nice example owned for nearly 18 years

OK, it's time to sell my baby! I've owned and loved this car for nearly 18 years and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, and I still find it a lovely drive.

However, rust has kicked in badly around the rear arches (see last image link) so I'm looking for someone to buy it who has the skill and know how to handle this.

Here's a short video of the car from a few years ago when I was putting it on the drive we’d just had redone:-

Details
    - Stage 1 (Horsham) chip.
    - Registered end of 1991, but has 1992 shape. I've owned it since it was 3yrs old (yes, approaching 18 years) and I have every document/receipt for every mot and service etc.
    - Greddy Profec B boost controller (controller mounted nicely above steering wheel column).
    - Apexi induction kit.
    - Mongoose (twin) exhaust to make it look subtle like the original and not be silly loud.
    - KYB shocks.
    - Chassis Dynamics springs.
    - Driftworks front tension rods.
    - Walbro fuel pump.
    - Wolfrace alloys (standard size) - Good condition, put on the day I bought the car and still in remarkably good condition!
    - Approx 105K miles. I only do about 2K (or less) a year..
    - Cloth interior (in good order).
    - Manual gearbox.
    - Sony stereo (I'd like to retain this - but make me an offer).
    - Alarm and immobiliser.
    - Mot: January
    - Taxed: February
    - Price: I'm looking for £1100, but the car must go so I'm open to fair offers.

The Good
    - The car is generally in very good condition. There’s a couple of minor door dings and stone chips etc, but generally (for its age) it’s in very good condition.
    - Interior is in very good condition for its age.
    - The car has always been serviced on time typically meaning at 2-6 thousand mile intervals.
    - She's been incredibly reliable.
    - I’m a careful driver and I don’t thrash the car.

Misc
    - There’s a tiny bit of rust on the front suspension mound (under the bonnet). I don’t believe this is serious at all and it’s purely superficial.
    - There's a tiny area (2 inches square) of 'crazy paved' paintwork on the rear bumper where someone has clearly nudged the car, but it's minor IMHO.
    - The cigarette lighter power is disconnected (I don’t smoke). The power instead goes to the Profec controller. The wiring is still there so it could be reconnected if needed.
    - Tiny (and I mean tiny) oil leak from somewhere. It's been there for well over five years and is so minor I've never bothered about it.
    - It’s tiny bit lumpy at idle (& I really do mean tiny as not really noticable) but I suspect not have been tuned for as long as I can remember, this is all it needs.

The Not So Good
    - Both rear wheel arches need attention, and this is the only reason I’m selling the car. Rust has kicked in a tiny amount at the lower front of each rear arch, and severely (in my opinion) at the lower rear region of each arch (see photos below).
    - Rear spoiler is a little loose on one end, but it isn't obvious or indeed a problem. ie: It isn't going anywhere and isn't leaking!
    - The Speedo has been very intermittent for the past few years as it has the common problem of the soldering drying out behind the dash. It generally works less often than is does these days. It just needs a soldering iron applied according to threads on the forum about this problem.
    - Boot can only been opened with the key as the cabin lever cable has snapped.
    - You’ll probably have to deal with me crying as you drive it off!

More pictures

The rear arches
    Now, pictures of those rear arches to show you their condition.

Drivers side rear arch:-
    Front of arch (tiny bit of rust):-

The rear of arch:-
    Photo doesn’t show the rust very well. It’s not as bad as the passenger side and is mainly bubbling paint etc. So, consider it about the same as the passenger side at worst.

Passenger side rear arch:-
    Front of arch (tiny bit of bubbling)

Rear of arch (**warning** metal has gone completely through):-
    Last edited by NeilF; 19-09-2012 at 08:09.

Banned
    Rides
    pm me your nunber pal
    i maybe interested as im in london atm

Rides
    pm me your number mate im intrested and possibly would like to view the car on week end ! cheers

Rides
    I'd love to have that, looks to be in really nice condition other than the little bit of rust.
    But I'd get my balls chopped off if I bought it
    bovvered?

Rides
    That rust is nothing. This is the bargain of the bloody millennium! I'm trying to think of ways I could have it but I have a) no use for it and b) no space for it as I have 3 cars already

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    That rust is nothing. This is the bargain of the bloody millennium!
    Well then it's £1500 to you then

Seriously though - I've priced in the rust (because I suspect it will be a bit of work to sort it out) and the other poxy niggles I've listed, and hopefully asked a fair sum for it to go quickly.
    Last edited by NeilF; 18-09-2012 at 16:22.

Rides
    this is to cheep buddy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    That rust is nothing. This is the bargain of the bloody millennium!
    Exactly my thoughts,

That rust is absolutely nothing compared to most s13's I've seen. Half a day and it'd be sorted.

You've seriously underpriced it. If I didn't already own 2 cars that I don't use then I would buy this now.

Rides
    lovely example, want a px with a bmw 328 maybe?

Rides
    you have pm mate ill come and view it today if thats ok im only 20 mins away

Rides
    All folks asking for a PM have been PM'd

Rides
    Neil, Surely it would be worth spending £1,000-1,500 on getting it sorted by someone. It would last you another 5 years if you did.

That's still got to be cheaper than trying to find something as nice to drive for £2-2.5K.

The effort required to fabricate patches and weld them in then a local respray wouldn't come to more than £1,500, would it ?

Can you not use the same people that did the rear quarter ?

It would be a shame to see it turned into a drift slag (I know this is emotional blackmail and I don't care )

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Neil, Surely it would be worth spending £1,000-1,500 on getting it sorted by someone. It would last you another 5 years if you did.

That's still got to be cheaper than trying to find something as nice to drive for £2-2.5K.

The effort required to fabricate patches and weld them in then a local respray wouldn't come to more than £1,500, would it ?

Can you not use the same people that did the rear quarter ?

It would be a shame to see it turned into a drift slag (I know this is emotional blackmail and I don't care )
    I've been torn with this exact question myself... But I've been looking to sell the car probably for over 3yrs now off and on, so given the rust and other niggles it seem to make sense for me (not being mechanically gifted) to sell it onto to someone who can give the attention it needs.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilF View Post
    I've been torn with this exact question myself... But I've been looking to sell the car probably for over 3yrs now off and on, so given the rust and other niggles it seem to make sense for me (not being mechanically gifted) to sell it onto to someone who can give the attention it needs.
    12 months from now I'd have it off you and sort it out myself. ATM, mine's in bits getting a thorough overhaul and moving slowly due to a lack of time on my part.

Try and find a hobbyist & club member that's not into drifting.

Rides
    Try and find a hobbyist & club member that's not into drifting.
    "Hello....!"

Love the car and would love a second one but don't have enough Queens Heads in the pocket I'm afraid... Lovely motor however and I think once it gets driven off your driveway you'll regret the sale..!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster! View Post
    "Hello....!"

Love the car and would love a second one but don't have enough Queens Heads in the pocket I'm afraid... Lovely motor however and I think once it gets driven off your driveway you'll regret the sale..!
    Let's talk about that at HWH tomorrow

Rides
    Neil, I'll be going round your bit of the M25 on Friday daytime. Would a viewing be possible or is it just eves and weekends ?

Rides
    Neil, I'll be going round your bit of the M25 on Friday daytime. Would a viewing be possible or is it just eves and weekends ?
    PM'd.

Rides
    Just for any folks interested in this car. I believe my replacement car will be available to me a week on Saturday. So in an ideal world I can lose the car anytime from Saturday 29th afternoon onwards... Just thought I'd let people know the situation.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilF View Post
    Just for any folks interested in this car. I believe my replacement car will be available to me a week on Saturday. So in an ideal world I can lose the car anytime from Saturday 29th afternoon onwards... Just thought I'd let people know the situation.
    Come on then. Don't leave us in suspense. What are you getting ? XKR ?