Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggest / Request wheels!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    R33 GTR wheels in 18x10? I'd be after a set of those .
    X3 for a winner

Ok - I'll bite. You do need more original wheels. I'm really impressed with the XXR range. Rota could learn from them IMO. Everytime a new Rota wheel comes out, it's just another knock off. For this reason I'm not going to suggest ideas because I don't see why I should help Rota decide whose product to copy next. How about some imagination or creativity in 18x10?

Rides
    To be fair Sportmaxx / XXR aren't exactly all original either

I was sort of aiming to get ideas here on perhaps which of the current range you would like to see for your cars, or if there's any other Rota wheels about which you have seen which you would like to get for 200s etc.

This isn't really the place for a moan in a non-constructive way. The wheel I posted above is an original design, however I expect if you look at enough other wheels you'll spot some it shares features with. It is after-all round, and has spokes

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    More wheels in vw/audi fitments BBS reps for peanuts would be nice
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    More wheels in vw/audi fitments BBS reps for peanuts would be nice
    Yes please

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Original design not oe wheels although an r33gtr rim in 18 and/or with dish would be awesomesauce and a massive seller imho
    Come again ?

I was tongue-in-cheek asking for something that looked just like an OEM S13 facelift wheel but was 7.5J instead of 6J. It only has to be 15in because has to look just like the original but take a wider tyre.

I did think about S14 OEM wheels but they're 5-stud and only 6.5J (I think).

I did talk to someone about making some from OEM wheels cut and shut with an inch and a half added to the rim and 3/4 inch added to the centre but they wanted over a grand and not many folks can do it properly as they're alloy.

I doubt anyone else is daft enough to want them so we wouldn't be able to put a group buy together.

Re: the nuts rusting, my original OEM dome nuts on the S13 are still mint after 20 years so it can be done.

Rides
    BBS Reps aren't going to happen I am afraid.

We have the MXR coming in VAG fitments, however you will have to have a manly fitment. We do a fair bit already in VAG fitment, just not reps - we can source actual BBS wheels brand new if you like...

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    We do now have most wheels in Steelgrey available

Also some original things are en-route, some prototype pics are around, I'll try and get a production one!

*Edit: found a pic:

I really like that...Kinda has a DeLorean vibe about it appealing to my geek side

If you need a test S-Body to fling them on for photos Ben

Rides
    Crucially, if we dont get suggestions the wheels you want to be able to buy wont arrive If you dont like what we do that's great, but if you dont give us idea of any sort you're not really helping us to help you be happier with our conduct

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Come again ?
    Piman was having a dig as in he meant he would like to see an original design and not another replica

Rides
    Something like a stern reverse face 5 spoke ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Piman was having a dig as in he meant he would like to see an original design and not another replica
    Ah. OK. Far too subtle for me. lol

Rides
    What happened to those lovely GTLM's ? The only thing which was a pisser about them was the poor offset. An extra inch of stepped lip all round (et25/22/20 etc) and 18x10.5 / 19x10.5 options would be lurrrvely, and you'd have my order if you did as nothing would be better on an R33.

Rides
    any more options for pcd 4x108?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by McLarenboy View Post
    any more options for pcd 4x108?
    x1
    but 5x108
    there is nothing out there 18x9'ish range for a Fords that appeals to me, and using adaptors ruin it.

Rides
    We do grids in 18x8.5 and gtr in 19x9 in 5108 :-)

In 4108 we offer the force in 18x9 et20, the grid in 17x7.5 et45 and slipstream in 15x7 and 15x8 :-)

Rides
    In my opinion, speaking as one that doesn't like too much stretch and being Italian so must pass under test and approvals for bigger and wider tires, the offsets are the weak point of smaller width wheels, for example I'd like some rota boost 17x8j to have 15 or 20 offset or 17x8,5 grids with 15/20 offset. Just because here is ILLEGAL to run spacers, so it is in other UE countries. I know i'm minority here, but you never know.

Rides
    Is it also illegal to run wheels in a larger than standard diameter there as well?

This is actually something we are looking to do, so should have something to offer next year

Rides
    Hmmm... the style of wheels I'd like to see would be Advan Model 5, Work Equip, Work CR-01, etc. Honestly I think anything with a decent lip, decent concavity (or preferably both... hint, hint) would sell well. If I did recommend anything though, it would be to come out with a few different sizes and offsets similar to how Varrstoen is doing, i.e. et0, 15, 25, 35. It might not be the most feasible plan, but just my thinking...

EDIT: Oh yeah... AME TM-02, Work Varianza T1S, and the BEST WHEEL EVERRRRRR... Blitz Z2
    Last edited by North; 21-11-2012 at 17:10.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Is it also illegal to run wheels in a larger than standard diameter there as well?

This is actually something we are looking to do, so should have something to offer next year
    Yes because what it matters is the tyre size which is written on the car documents. Here is the boring explanation:
    -The car have his tyre size on the document (ie 205/55 r16 for S14).
    -If we want to go bigger we have to ask for it to a specific agency with the new size but keeping the same circumference and wait for a positive answer (225/45 r17 is the one they let us go on s14, 215/45 r17 on S13, 18 inches only on S14A don't ask me why).
    -then test the fitment and write new size on car documents. Bottom line is that it should also be illegal to run a wider axle track but police doesn't check it, they check if the tyre size is written on the document and if the car runs spacers. No spacers is why we need lower offsets and the tyre size is why we need it on not-so-wide wheels if we don't want to stretch

About the design, I'd like some dishy advan looking, like Boosts with some lip, or enkei rp03.
    Last edited by B-Dogg; 21-11-2012 at 23:13.

Rides
    some work vs-xx style in 12j but cheaper so it doesn't hurt so much when they get track damage.