Thread: 'Quality' Single Pillar Pod choices

Rides

'Quality' Single Pillar Pod choices

I plan to blend one into my a-pillar trim but want a decent base to start with.

eBay ones are pretty naff, poor fit/shape etc. But vary from £4-£20

There is a Greddy single 52mm one for about £45. Nice shape, but do they fit well/is it worth it if i'm going to butcher it anyway??

There is the Autometer ones for an S13 for around £35. Would these fit the shape of an S14 A-pillar ok? Look alrite on an S13

Apex list a 'universal' one for £30 but doesn;t look a massive improvement on some of the ebay ones.

Or is there a S14 240sx/200sx RHD twin version I can cut down to single if it's a good fit around the factory pillar moulding?

Any thoughts/experiences from those trying to blend them in? I keep thinking about the ebay ones as nice and cheap but the shape of them at the back is awful, it just looks extra cheap compared to some others.

Rides
    I have a Greddy double 52mm and the fitment is perfect around the A-pillar, I also had a S14/a specific Autometer single 52mm again it was a perfect fit.
    Last edited by Cloudy; 30-08-2012 at 08:34.

Rides
    Both sound good, which was a better fit? Or, if i'm going to blend mine in, should I get the 'cheaper' autometer one.

I assume the autometer one you had was a RHD S13 unit? I cant find a RHD S14 unit anywhere.

Rides
    Tbh they were both a perfect fit and followed the shape of the A-pillar exactly, the only difference I can think of is the finish - think the Greddy was/is slightly better.

I can't remember whether it was an S13 unit, I bought it around 6 years ago second hand but IIRC it came via Apex.

Rides
    OK, cheers for that. I'll probs just go for the greddy unit if it edges slightly ahead. I'd prefer a better finish/quality product anyway so I suppose I can't argue if I get that one.

Cheers for your input! Much appreciated.

Rides
    No probs.