Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Whole 3.6 Yards, Suzuki Cappuccino

Rides
    I love this project Keep up the good work. I know it isn't 300bhp but it must feel like a fast and handle well?

Rides
    Thanks. The handling is the best bit. It goes round bends like you wouldn't believe and is nippy enough in all but some higher speed motorway situations. I'd conservately estimate a sub 7.5 second 0-60 time for it. From the inside it feels even faster with 20 odd pounds getting pushed through 600cc
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Great build duder. looking like a little rocket lol

Rides
    We stripped the drivers side back down again to tidy and finish off a few unfinished bits.

Grnded down lumpy bits and tied it together

Meanwhile Nikki got on prepping her front bumper

and splitter

then primed 'em

Also decided to do the wing while it was off

Bit of protecting inside too

Drivers side rear arch got tubbed

But before hand, captive nuts were fitted in the rear quarter

No back together pictures. This is where we forgot to take any more
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    I'm sure we have been here before

Not as bad as the other side, few little repairs on the middle sill and protected

Here you can see what was removed for lock clearance when compared to the new unmodified outter sill

Fitted

Primed

Under braces also came from six sixty engineering

Although I didn't get round to fitting the rear subframe one as the lift arms were in the way. I did have to use the supplied washers as spacers to give exhaust clearance

Still pretty tight in there, but we will see how we get on

Also got a few more bits in white primer

Back together

Nikki is quite liking the look of the matt white primer, so much so that she is contemplating going for a satin white finish instead of the pearl white. What do you lot think?
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Hi I have a cappucino in red an l reg needs work done to it how much did ures cost and were are use from would want mine done the same as the way uve got it thanks,

Rides
    Quite a lot is the answer

Have a nose about on http://www.clubcappo.co.uk
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Nikki is quite liking the look of the matt white primer, so much so that she is contemplating going for a satin white finish instead of the pearl white. What do you lot think?
    Why not have the best of both world and get it satin pearl white. Saw the colour on an R8 at Goodwood a few years back and it looked awesome!

Rides
    For some reason I can't see much on that site wanting to know we're did u get your parts from.?for the cappucino?

Rides
    All over really Suzuki, Monstersport, or searching for sale on club cappo. Also import from japan, take off site, yahoo, etc. Sourcing things for these cars isn't easy and its even harder if its a performance part or mod you want
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Wow, some serious dedication here, very cool. My impression is that Kei cars in general are built on the assumption that they will probably be scrapped after ten years, hence no need for the manufacturers to worry about long-term durability. However the 'ABC' cars (AZ-1, Beat, Cappucino) are far, far too cool to let this happen to - like an old Frogeye Sprite, they really warrant preserving.

Look forward to seeing pics when the paint is done!

Rides
    This week was mainly filled with general maintenance. Since the cold weather she has felt a bit tired, struggling to change gear from cold, those kind of things. It was due, so Mr Opie got sent an order for some Silkolene and we changed out the engine, gearbox and diff oils. Also cleaned the air filter and had a general tidy up ready for winter

Sadly there has been a little bit of knocking from the exhaust on the front brace, it seems to do it when its idling and has a lot of load on such as heaters and lights and then the fan kicks in and you can hear it. Any other time its fine. Will try spacing it down, but its really the exhaust that's at fault so will have to get it off at some point and have a bend. I also tried to fit the rear brace but got foiled by the exhaust again

Got something in the post that may go some way to helping though Suzuki Sport Engine Mounts

Were needed anyway as the originals are pretty shot.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    This car is so cool its ridiculous, great work being carried out by all involved

Rides
    Something that was bugging me was my wheel nuts. The anodizing has been chipping off with the amount that I remove them, which I find annoying, I wanted red nuts not silver! Anyway I spotted these for sale as the guy had been sent the wrong colour and was selling them quite cheap.

Project Kics wheel nuts. Crucially not made from alloy which is terrible idea in my opinion, have a special coating which is much more resistant to chipping off than an anodized coating, and a tapered movable seat. Sadly after a bit of research what he sent me have turned out to be fakes Obviously not happy. I don't know if they're going back or getting partial refund yet, but I am upset I have been miss sold and item.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=817526

Test fitted them before I knew. The plan was not to fit them properly until the car was painted

(doh)

Rides
    Quick update with the wheel nuts, the guy I bought them from had no idea they were fakes. He bought them from a trader in the US, so he ended up going back to them and complaining too. Got a refund off them and offered a full or partial refund back to me. I decided to keep them and go for a partial refund. I got over two thirds of my money back which is exactly what I asked for. Not massively bothered that they are fakes, it just would have been nice to know in the first place.

So the moral of the story, if you want genuine Kics nuts go somewhere like rhdjapan or nengun and pay the proper price, saves a lot of hassle in the long run

And the downside to having fakes? Well I would expect the coating is going to be less resistant to chipping, and if they are the same batch as the other fakes I have seen around the net, people also complain of them going rusty quite quickly. When she is painted I will stick them on and see how it goes.

This week I stripped the cappo's bum naked and rubbed my hands all over it until it was nice and smooth .......then got it in primer

Not much silver left now

I also had a bash at recovering my sun visors myself.

Not quite as tidy as my door cars, but for a DIY acceptable enough

Thanks for looking

Rides
    I injured my hand a while back, so had to give it a little rest from strenuous work. Few things have happened recently. Firstly I actually won a Banzai Magazine competition for Suzuki related goodies and won myself a hoodie! Well pleased

Aaaand, it has also recently been my Birthday so I got a few car related goodies such as a Nuiguruma mini cap

Some fancy component speakers for the front

We had a go at fitting them today. Managed to retro fit the tweeters into the original dash vents too, here are the old and new together

The woofers fitted straight in the original cage no problems

Sounding much better

I also placed an order from Japan and it arrived on my Birthday, Brucie bonus

What was it? Why carbon of course.....lots of it

And some stickers too

Finally, I CAN HAZ Carbon fiber one piece roof, woo hoo!

Fitted today and true to my form, by the time I remembered to take pictures it was dark again

I'm also off down the garage for the final time this year, tomorrow, to have a few more bits fitted. More carbon bits to come too

Rides
    Sexy carbon roof is sexy

Rides
    wow mate, just read through this and it looks like an awesome bit of work. looking forward to seeing it all painted up
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Looking good Nikki, loving that roof

Rides
    Thanks Guys

Had a little bit of rough running recently, and a bit of popping and banging, turned out to be the coilpack and got a replacement from Suzuki, fitted, and all was well again.

Had a cambelt change too. The previous owner said they had done it recently when I bought it, but if there welding was anything to go by, well......

To be fair the belt itself didn't look too bad, but the tensioner was a bit noisy, So new belt and tensioner fitted along with a new rubber o ring for the dipstick to replace the makeshift silicone seal we found

Then onto the mounts replaced the fronts with Suzuki Sport items, the originals had a bit of movement, nothing to major, but the gearbox mount had really had it

Fitting the new one had a lucky side effect of giving more clearance with my brace

While having a poke around we also spotted this

Little bit of extra heat seems to be attacking the plastic battery tray/box thing so We riveted an extra alloy layer onto it

I was not happy with my flocked door top strips. What I had to work with was damaged to start with some of the screws had exposed themselves on the outside very slightly and there were cracks in them, being held together with super glue in places and the such like, so an ideal opportunity for more carbon dontcha think?

I failed with whole car pictures in daylight again as its been raining all day, but I'm off work for the holidays now. I will try to get some soon