So I got bored of spending most of my life trying to track down the few OEM S12 parts my Silvia needed to be finished and, after a short break from cars, bought a cheap old E30 as a drifty & cycle transport thing but instead it's looking more like a bloody project meh;

Actually it ain't too bad. A pillars, wings and arches look good;

Roof panel is ok, except for the sunroof itself which is jimmy-jammed and doesn't function except to leak 'n' stuff;

Om nom nom rusts eating my floorpan;

-What started as investigating a short on the leccy windows lead to 3 inches of stinky 10 year old water, rust and insect life. Anyone with more than two legs was told to make like a tree and get outta there. Rust is in the floor pan by the pedalbox and a hole in the still inside the car under the drivers door. Nearside is rusty but not rotten, far as I can tell.

Here's some horrible wiring, in this case tail lights for the to-be-removed towbar;

T'is but a snack compaired to the stereo and alarm wiring;

-That blackbox is the Alarm Control Unit (ACU). You can see it's been hacked into the acessory socket loom, rather than the main loom, which gives me hope of getting it sorted.
Normally I'd just stuff it all outta sight and forget about it but I'm determined to get all the interior working.

A load of old junk;

Stinky smelly carpet drying in the sun;

There's a fair bit of play in the steering UJ assembly which I blame for the horrible steering and a feeling akin to bad tracking;

-Truth.

So drifting would be nice, probably next year though. In the mean time I want to sort all the wiring, get one of the local 4x4/Landrover boys to weld it up (they love abit of that) and just enjoy having a motor on the road again.
Obiously it needs more powers, probably an iS motor swap, but I'll see if it has the will to live before anything of that nature.