Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veilside Andrew 18x9.5 18x12.5

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    OK, if its all above board and sweetness and light we did he ask the seller to remove the prices from the original ad? Why are they up for 50% more than he paid? Why is there no ad on DW?

Im afraid a £300+ profit off soemthing you bought through DW yesterday does a trader make, its certainly not a club spirited move is it?

EDIT: And I know hes not the first to do it, but the barefacedness of doing it the day after youve bought them, at such a markup and with no corresponding ad on DW puts things in a pretty clear light to me. When you cant even find £20 to support the media you are advertising on in the first place it takes the piss a bit, frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Because i thought a forum was about the community as you said so why do you NEED to pay for it? Ive not done anything wrong and even total you every detail so its up to the buyer at the end of the day, as mentioned its no big deal so stop stressing think of it this way im a student getting naf all from my weekend work like 100 quid with outgoings of 200 quid a week im not raping your taxes by claiming job seekers and being a druggy or claiming a council house

BACK ON TOPIC lol

Rides
    Lol, did I see these the other day on ebay? Not my cup as just tooo wide, would need a mega kit to pull them off, but pretty damned rare wheels.

Rides
    Ebay :s? That's a new one to me

Rides
    Yeah! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Veilside-A...item4169b39e78

But I think the previous seller mustve put em on before you bought em bud. Just not many around, so figured they were the same- they do kinda stick out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbob View Post
    Because i thought a forum was about the community as you said so why do you NEED to pay for it?
    Believe it or not, hosting the site and maintenance, not to mention the server its on doesnt come for free. Someone HAS to pay for it, if you are making a buck off the site it would be nice to contribute, thats all.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Ok man well you buy the wheels and I'll become a member as I can afford to then

Rides
    Awesome reply lol, have you tried them on your car??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mpig View Post
    Awesome reply lol, have you tried them on your car??

Not yet dude front hubs are off but I'll get the 275s on that offer them up should be next week sometime and take some pics

Rides
    i really want these, like really bad

Rides
    Buy them then? lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    OK, if its all above board and sweetness and light we did he ask the seller to remove the prices from the original ad? Why are they up for 50% more than he paid? Why is there no ad on DW?

Im afraid a £300+ profit off soemthing you bought through DW yesterday does a trader make, its certainly not a club spirited move is it?

EDIT: And I know hes not the first to do it, but the barefacedness of doing it the day after youve bought them, at such a markup and with no corresponding ad on DW puts things in a pretty clear light to me. When you cant even find £20 to support the media you are advertising on in the first place it takes the piss a bit, frankly.
    Not picking a fight as I kinda agree with you, but it's exactly the same thing a moderator did very recently, scrapping a car that could have gone back on the road, for a very handsome profit.

Alex B

Rides
    But a moderator is giving something valuable to the forum - so can trade as/when he pleases. There's nothing immoral about making a profit per se, everybody needs to make a buck now and again.

Rides
    That is a bit different TBH, I dont think the moderator in question bought the car with the intention of making money from it, and even if he did theres time and effort involved in taking it apart and getting all the stuff sent out. Its also going to take him months to see his money back on the car, and at the end of the day if the prices are reasonable he is helping people out, I know when I broke my S14 I gave a fair amount of stuff away for free, Im sure he will do the same and not try to get £500 for a windscreen as they are rare.

Gymbob has seen some wheels and thought to himself "Ill make £300 odd from an SXOC member on these", its like I say, getting the seller to take the prices off the ad and not advertising them on DW kinda indicates he knows he was on thin ice. As Ive said earlier in the thread, as long as people know what he paid Im pretty cool with it though

The fact that someone is staff on here doesnt affect anything though, we still pay membership and still need to follow the rules, Id expect the staff to be more about the spirit of the club as well.

Rides
    Must admit does stink a bit that you bought them through seeing them on DW for cheaper then instead of trying to sell them back on , on there as everyone has seen the original price you come on here to sell them and spin a profit.

On the flip side though fair do's they where cheap you got a bargain so well with in your right to sell them on for more but you must appreciate why some might be a bit pissed at the above.

Rides
    Lewy yeah i understand but its a recession well it is for me big time.. everyone knows whats what and it was my close mate that listen them because he had no cash at the time (on dw) or else he would of done the same i dont see the problem, the guy who sold them is happy as he got the cash for smaller sizes instantly, my mate is happy because he sold them for him and if someone buys them after all this they should be happy as there in great condition and at a reasonable price still.

i havent tried to avoid anything by going on 'sxoc' only there on gtroc,PH,etc i just wanna test fit them on my car before i put them on dw to show fitment.

Its like with my rezax the previous owner got them mega cheap for them and then sold them to me within 2 weeks and made a profit but i wasnt fussed as i still got them for a good price and the wheels are mega hard to get or find in these sizes in this country so i was happy

And all the forums are pretty well linked to each other so i knew people would know the original price but as you can tell im not fussed, if id of put them up for sale in 5 months someone one still say ow but these were this
    Last edited by Gymbob; 24-08-2012 at 18:18.

Rides
    at the end of the day, who cares what they WERE for sale for.. they arent anymore. they are for sale for this much now.. dont like it, dont buy em!

Rides
    Jesus, just stop hijacking this guys for sale thread. IMO it should be cleaned up with all irrelevant posts deleted, it's not fair.

Rides
    So I assume I get of the profit? As I had to wait up till the silly hours of the morning for you...as a favour........

Rides
    But if you wanted more, you should have listed them for more?! If you got the price you asked for you should be happy dude! I was bartered down to 2500 (moddded up cashmere Type R STI impreza) and the guy sold it a week later for 5k.. big deal, he was obv in a better place to sell than I was. I dropped my price by 1500 quid too... but hey, my loss his gain. Not worth having a bitch fest over.