Thread: BT - Talktalk line/broadband issue - help!

Rides

BT - Talktalk line/broadband issue - help!

Calling on the vast knowledge of the sxoc community I am after some help with my broadband and phone line.
    My ISP is talktalk and I am off a BT exchange, Internet is intermittent through the day and is non existent between 5 and 10pm.
    We have had 3 talktalk engineers and a BT engineer, we still have the same issue and talktalk are trying to charge us £100 (2x £50) for two of the visits as there was no issue when the engineers visited.
    I'm getting in a right piss with the useless tossers at their call centre and the prats they keep sending out, they seam incabable of understanding it is an intermittent fault and just tell me that I should monitor it for 24 hours, what a joke this started in may/June!
    When the BT engineer visited they fitted a new nte5 filtered face plate directly wired to the external junction box, he also reconnected our extensions to the new internal master (I have since removed these to rule out the issue being on our private wiring).
    I have done some research at work in my lunch hour and type of problem seams fairly frequent and down to rein, random electrical interface noise. Aparently it is usualy a faulty electical bit of equipment that cause issues in the phone line, could be someone in our street or the next one over or anywhere fed from the same bt exchange that is causing the issue.How do I get the tits at talktalk or BT to accept the issue and get it sorted?

Any help appreciated, in frustration,
    Rich

Rides
    Unfortunatly you will have to keep hounding and do your research....

I idenfitied the fault within minutes of my broadband being lost totally - the line card. Six weeks of badgering them to check it (they were convinced it was my kit - yeah right) they finally did! I asked why they hadnt done this in the first instance as it was a config change that caused the issue

You will have to keep badgering them, and tell them exactly what you suspect the problem to be, and give them as much information as possible, it could be BT wholesale or your ISP's kit that is the issue at the exchange, both parties could still be at fault. Ask for a visit between the specific times of failure too!

Rides
    Hi mate, I'm a Talk Talk idiot too. With the same exact fault... Mine has been desyncing for fun ever 3 hours on the dot. This is an improvment since BT came to replace ALL of my phone line and a load of gubbins in the street, plus a 'lift and shift' at the exchange. Been happening since December and FINALLY.......... I seem to be stable as of yesterday I have a new router which Talk Talk sent me, it's kept sync for over 15 hours so far.

I'm 3.3k from the exchange on an LLU so I get 6.4 down and about .90 up. The router they sent me is a Technicolor TG582n PRO.

It's an ugly piece of shit but seems to be working

Finally.

Oh I forgot to say they just sent me this router after getting a high level resolutions girl to whine at
    Last edited by spencer_foxwell; 16-08-2012 at 07:41.

Rides
    Idiots does not even come close.
    Today between 9-10am we were asked to unplug the front of the net face plate (this effectively cuts off all extensions wired to the master(not that I have any anymore)).

So my wife gets a call on her mobile, it is talktalk, "we have identified a fault on the line. Is your phone working?"

No it has not been since Saturday.

"Ah the issue is wih your phone, try a different one and call us back"

The phone wasn't plugged in when you ran the test, so if the fault was visible it must be on he line not the phone.

"until you try a different phone we can't help you"

TWATS

Rides
    I'm just happy I've finally got near to the end of my contract with talk talk, and today, sent them a letter to cancel my contract at the end of the current one, waiting for the fun and games before they finally do terminate it lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_m View Post

the phone wasn't plugged in when you ran the test, so if the fault was visible it must be on he line not the phone.

"until you try a different phone we can't help you"

twats
    lol

Rides
    We've had similar problems with our phoneline. No matter how many times we told BT the fault was only occuring on breezy days, everytime they sent an engineer was on a calm day. One guy even gave me his mobile number as he guarenteed the line was in tip top condition and if it did it again he would personally come back to sort it out. That was a blatant lie to calm me down when I was pretty mad that it was the third visit and the last guy had detected a blip at 600 yards and shouldn't he walk down the line 600 yards to maybe check it out... he answered his mobile the next day and said we would have to phone BT again as he had ended the ticket.

The biggest problem is with the Openreach guys who BT/sky/talktalk get to maintain the lines. They don't care about fixing the line, they just submit the job completed ticket to your ISP and charge them for it, and your ISP will pass the charge onto you if they couldn't detect a fault.

I paced out our line myself. At ~600 yards the wires cames down a pole and into a junction box that was lying on a hedge, not fastened to anything. I phoned home, and as I picked up the box on the hedge the line went dead. Next time we got an engineer out I told them I had found the faulty bit of equipment myself, went in the van with him and pointed out the junction, and they fixed it. The engineer was informed of the guy who wouldn't try to fix it last time, and his name and he phoned back to base slagging him and told me he was a notorious lazy arse.

The same **** who gave me his mobile came a few days later to sign off the ticket. He had the neck to say "I found a fault, and I fixed it" as if he deserved a prize for being brilliant. Complete cock end.

Good luck matey, you'll need it. OpenReach employ some tits for sure