Thread: Car wont Start after Engine Swap No Spark CA18DET

Rides

Car wont Start after Engine Swap No Spark CA18DET

Replaced my CA with another CA as old one started to rattle. all fitted and and wired in correctly , now there is no Spark. ive tried 2 sets of plugs , 2 sets of coil packs 2 ,2 amplifiers , 2 drop resistor , 2 ecus 2 MAFs. ive checked all the earths, all connections fuses and relays. i havent tired CAS yet will try that tomorrow, anything else to try? anything ive missed? anything might of connected wrong? anything i might of done? ive done the hot start bypass , fitted boost controller , boost gauge , Launch control / limiter. also checked all the wiring they all seem to be wired in correctly. any info would be great as my MOT is friday and need a running engine
    Thanks

Rides
    i know you have said you checked wiring earths etc but is the small earth for the coilpacks connected ok to the plenum?
    Cas shouldn't stop it sparking unless it's disconnected!

Rides
    yep i made sure of the little one where the coil packs are ! , even rechecked all the earths cleaned them up aswell, just done some more reading maybe the coolant temp sensor might be at fault? as that can cause issues

Rides
    Are your injectors clicking when you rotate the CAS manually when the key is on ?
    If they do your CAS is working but may be not correctly set. Is your exhaust camshaft damaged where you install the CAS ?

Rides
    i havent tried the CAS as of yet. i havent removed or played with it. but ive done alot of reading and dont think its the CAS is at fault
    Last edited by chapman34; 07-08-2012 at 19:36.

Rides
    I take it you've checked you've got compression and fuel ?

Is it cranking healthily ?

Try connecting a timing light using a length of HT lead and see if you get a light

Rides
    I don't see much possible causes and you already tested all but the CAS.

The other problem i see would be a wiring loom problem. A broken wire who route power to coilpack, you might have damaged it when you pulled your old motor to install the new one.
    I don't see any other possibility, which doesn't mean there isn't an other one.

Rides
    yep all good compression and fuel and cranking healthy , just no sparks

im gona check everything again tomorrow as i spent all day on it today and yesterday prob spent in total 70 hours on it over the past week. so getting bit exhausted. if anybody has any more ideas keep posting ill add them to my list of things to check

Rides
    Immobiliser ?

Rides
    thats exactly what i would of put it down to but, it doesnt have one ! lol thats my next job fitting one