Thread: s13 power fc boost control solenoid connection????

Rides

Unhappy s13 power fc boost control solenoid connection????

HI all, ive purchased an apexi power fc that comes with a map sensor and loom plus a boost control solenoid as you find in an avcr kit. the boost solenoid does not link directly to the pfc unit as it has the 3 prong plug for the map sensor, SO, am i right in thinking i need to connect it to the factory harness plug for the original boost solenoid that the turbo actuator is linked to?? this is for a u12 4wd bluebird with the ca18 setup in but basically its a s13 setup harness/boost pressure solenoid wise. thanks guys
    Last edited by stevros; 04-08-2012 at 11:02.

Rides
    no one fitted a power fc with a boost solenoid to a s13???

Rides
    bump!

Rides
    The CA has no boost solenoid.

Rides
    Sounds like you have an SR20 PowerFC...

Find out which pins on the main ECU harness are for the boost control solenoid and just use those. Should be easy.

Rides
    There are no Euro spec Power FC, so your Power FC has connections for JDM ECU.

JDM S13 with CA18DET has a boost control solenoid. It limits boost to 6-7psi if running on low octane "knock" map. Only opens the bleed to give 10-11psi boost if running on hi-octane map. JDM S13 CA18DET turbo has 6-7psi actuator like S14 SR20DET.

I don't have any idea what a CA18DET in Bluebird is like. I think they are JDM/Australian market.

For the simple on/off for low/hi octane, I thought the bleed was set by 2 restrictor plugs with calibrated holes. One pushed into the hose that goes to the inlet side of turbo and other in tube from boost side. With solenoid being a simple inlet/outlet port open/shut in the inlet hose (bleed).

Rides
    oh right so might not be able to run the boost control from the ecu then? i'll double check on the u12 to see if there is a boost control valve as standard, if not then will there still be the pins on the standard harness for this that i can connect to pressuming it was like a s13 setup?